• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronRinn

Welp, looks like one of these is going to be coming my way:

BladeRunner_-_Director_-_Web_1024x1024.png

So much for my proposed downsizing.

I have a sale thread on EB, you guys should check it out.

Hey Mockingbird, when do you think the posters will ship? I will be moving next month. I want to know which address to ship to.

Hmmm. I think to be safe give it a full month. I think the best bet would be to tell me in the paypal notes area to wait and verify shipping address because you will be moving.

tm24

Hey Mockingbird, where are you in Los Angeles anyways? Want to see if its possible to do local pickup when I'm in the area for concerts

Hey Mockingbird, where are you in Los Angeles anyways? Want to see if its possible to do local pickup when I'm in the area for concerts

I'm in the San Fernando Valley. I can bring the prints to gallery events at Gallery 1988, Hero Complex, etc.

If you want to do a local pick up. don't pay the invoice. Let me know and I'll cancel it.

Here are the invoices that you should be receiving:

Silver -- $37
Jupiter $37
Matching Set - $80

If you have a Majo or Paprika those will be included on your invoice. If Paprika has been paid for the value will be $0 for that item.

If you are international you won't get an invoice but rather an email or pm with an ebay link after I find out what country you live in.

Please make sure your invoice is correct. If you ordered a REG but I sent you an invoice for the Variant or vice versa, let me know and I'll change it. Also, if I overcharged you (as in you paid $40 from prior instead of $20), let me know as well.

Kerrinck

I'm in the San Fernando Valley. I can bring the prints to gallery events at Gallery 1988, Hero Complex, etc.

If you want to do a local pick up. don't pay the invoice. Let me know and I'll cancel it.

Here are the invoices that you should be receiving:

Silver -- $37
Jupiter $37
Matching Set - $80

If you have a Majo or Paprika those will be included on your invoice. If Paprika has been paid for the value will be $0 for that item.

If you are international you won't get an invoice but rather an email or pm with an ebay link after I find out what country you live in.

Please make sure your invoice is correct. If you ordered a REG but I sent you an invoice for the Variant or vice versa, let me know and I'll change it. Also, if I overcharged you (as in you paid $40 from prior instead of $20), let me know as well.

Please make it a PM if you don't mind. Can no longer access my old paypal e-mail.
And I am definitely curious about whatever you all are teasing.

Want to make sure I have everyone down for local pick up:

1. jstevenson
2. trasher
3. awesomesauce
4. Clipjoint
5. Omie

anyone else? If you want to do local pick up and get an invoice, please do not pay. Instead pm and and I will cancel the invoice. Thanks!

Ok. All domestic invoices have gone out.

If you did not receive one, please send me a PM.

If you are international, please send me a pm to let me know what country you're in, as well as your ebay handle. If you do not want to do it via ebay that is fine as well, but I get better international shipping rates via ebay, so the shipping cost will be higher if done via invoice.

If you're international I won't be sending your ebay links/invoices out today, most like. I gotta make sure I calculate the prices right for these. Sorry for the wait.

Also, for everyone, please make sure all the invoice details are correct -- most especially the poster type (metal gear reg, metal gear var, paprika reg, paprika var, majo s, and / or majo c), including the shipping address prior to paying.

tm24

Oh man, my Olly Moss Dark Knight Rises came in today. Shipping also came out cheaper than stated so i only payed 38 for it. So pumped!

lupinko

If you're international I won't be sending your ebay links/invoices out today, most like. I gotta make sure I calculate the prices right for these. Sorry for the wait.

Also, for everyone, please make sure all the invoice details are correct -- most especially the poster type (metal gear reg, metal gear var, paprika reg, paprika var, majo s, and / or majo c), including the shipping address prior to paying.

Take your time, I'm in no rush, I still have Ken Taylor Alice coming and I have yet to frame RJB Kill Bill.

Paprika variant has no color and is lineart right?

If so I'll go with color reg.

Take your time, I'm in no rush, I still have Ken Taylor Alice coming and I have yet to frame RJB Kill Bill.

Paprika variant has no color and is lineart right?

If so I'll go with color reg.

Pretty sure you already paid for a paprika reg. The var is already sold out either way. Unless you meant golden time? In which case the reg and var are still available.

lupinko

Pretty sure you already paid for a paprika reg. The var is already sold out either way. Unless you meant golden time? In which case the reg and var are still available.

Oh I already did, I was just double checking, disregard!

Just a little choked up at the farewell ceremony here at work, them feels man, them feels.

orioto

Good Art™
Lil' question for you guys. (cross posting from my thread)

I'm thinking of a way to add value and a more human touch to the redbubble prints. So i had this idea to let people send me a mail with their command number (that i can verify) and give them a personalized (with a dedication if they want) certificate with the number of the print and my sign..

Now of course i cannot physically ship that with the print. But i would give them something to print via mail, that would still be unique for them (signed and numbered digitally, but for each print) and authentic.

Would you like that ?

Also, more touchy. I'm thinking about removing most of the print options on redbubble to avoid the usual confusion about 10,000 print types. They now have an art print option, which is more expensive (from 21 to 64 euros) but the quality is now really something, with 240gsm natural white archival paper with archival inks, and a white margin, AND finally frame compatible sizes!.
So i'm wondering about just letting that option (so no more inexpensive photo print (i'm not found of their texture) nor posters, and just the canvas option, cause this one is really something different that people like sometime.

Thoughts ?

I'd start that with the DKC serie. Also this first poster is clearly something with more sophisticated graphics for me and i'm trying to raise the bar, while finding my way in the art print world!

Meier

I really liked the print at first but the crazy long tail turned me off of it. Otherwise it would've been mine.

The design itself is not bad, but it being so monochromatic with so many details was a really, really poor decision. It just looked like a bit of a mess on the wall.

Obviously the lack of info on the subject matter is up to your own taste, but I certainly would have preferred it have something to indicate what it was personally.

Sushigod7

The design itself is not bad, but it being so monochromatic with so many details was a really, really poor decision. It just looked like a bit of a mess on the wall.

Obviously the lack of info on the subject matter is up to your own taste, but I certainly would have preferred it have something to indicate what it was personally.

I saw a few pictures in the gallery before the up close pics and thought the same thing looked like a hot mess of nothing for sure.

Sigma722

My thought is that it isn't actually licensed by Disney, but they allowed it to be displayed/sold.

Evidence being that it isn't stamped with the copyright Disney on the back, and the title is Remy Adrift instead of Ratatouille.

I wonder if Disney had similar complaints.

LaneDS

So I'm curious, when commissioning a piece, is it typical to just provide the artist with the subject and see what they come back with, or does the commissioner (who is always named Gordon) sometimes/oftentimes give an idea of what they'd like to see done with the subject? I realize there probably isn't a catch-all answer here.

And totally unrelated I spent a long time going through the open market of EB last night and that is a dangerous place for wallets.

Meier

My thought is that it isn't actually licensed by Disney, but they allowed it to be displayed/sold.

Evidence being that it isn't stamped with the copyright Disney on the back, and the title is Remy Adrift instead of Ratatouille.

I wonder if Disney had similar complaints.

Very interesting idea -- I think it's likely that you could very well be right although I doubt we'll ever find out either way.

Deleted a spoiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom