• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericexpo

So these are all 4'-6" x 3'-6" x 1'-4
Interior 4'-2" x 3'-2" x 1.75"
and top to bottom
1. All but one of the cotton covers in the drawers
2. no cotton cover
3. all cotton covers - 2 drawers stick

So these are all 4'-6" x 3'-6" x 1'-4
Interior 4'-2" x 3'-2" x 1.75"
grey on top is pretty beat up - $50
black dosn't have any cotton covers

My boss says $150 for each, PM if you want more pictures or info. Also in center city

Sushigod7

ibn8tsWQM6SWXH.jpg

Since its blowing up all over at the moment thought it had to be posted here. Manev seems to have borrowed some artwork for his Mondo release tomorrow?

No comment on the above...

But for a small MGS update, the printer has gotten the correct paper in today. Production will proceed. I would assume it'll be done next week.

Awesome!! Hey how is the Kiki print doing? I lost track is that shipping with the tube of other goodies?

The Kiki print I'm timing to come in with the MGS prints so around tomorrow or the day after the order to print will be put in. It will ship altogether (Kiki + Paprika +MGS). The main reason I'm putting it in as late as possible is because I haven't collected the large majority of international payments yet for any of the posters; plus, with the exception of a few people, I wouldn't be shipping the posters out until all of them were in hand anyhow.

Hopefully I can finally start billing international orders next week. I've gotta arrange a signing day with Ash for MGS as well.

Sushigod7

The Kiki print I'm timing to come in with the MGS prints so around tomorrow or the day after the order to print will be put in. It will ship altogether (Kiki + Paprika +MGS). The main reason I'm putting it in as late as possible is because I haven't collected the large majority of international payments yet for any of the posters; plus, with the exception of a few people, I wouldn't be shipping the posters out until all of them were in hand anyhow.

Hopefully I can finally start billing international orders next week. I've gotta arrange a signing day with Ash for MGS as well.

Hopefully he is in town he hasn't been posting to much on FB lately hope he isn't out of the country a bunch. His Lost Boys stuff is looking good.

On a separate note I've been discussing an Akira print with Joshua Budich anyone interested?

rinker

Apologize if this is taboo - but if any Austinites are interested in flipping some Mitchell portraits my way (at a friendly, mutually beneficial rate of course) - please send me a PM!

suplex

If anyone ever commissions a Commando piece, please include me. Awesome 80's movie and it absolutely needs a print.

Also I think I want the Cap, Magneto and Nightcrawler portraits. Maybe a few others, ugh. Looking forward to seeing the rest of the JLU's as well.

IronRinn

This was Manev's first for Mondo, right? Man, that sucks. I mean, swiping art is fairly common but probably not worth the risk on a job this high-profile.

Meier

Man that's a pretty big deal. I wonder if they'll sue him for damages? Surely they'd be out a decent chunk on the printing, etc.

LaneDS

Man that's a pretty big deal. I wonder if they'll sue him for damages? Surely they'd be out a decent chunk on the printing, etc.

I'm assuming both pieces were his right? I imagine legally they can't do much, since I doubt "make something completely original" is in a contract.

Unfortunate situation all around, which makes sense given how unfortunate Prometheus ended up as a film HEY-O

IronRinn

I'm assuming both pieces were his right? I imagine legally they can't do much, since I doubt "make something completely original" is in a contract.

Unfortunate situation all around, which makes sense given how unfortunate Prometheus ended up as a film HEY-O

The Punisher piece is by Tim Bradstreet (who is just about as lazy as Manev was here, he just doesn't trace artwork).

Sushigod7

I might be, but didn't Mockingbird already have some issues with getting an Akira print commissioned?

The issue wasn't with MB trying to do it. Ash Thorp didnt want to do his art work because he worried about issues, he does work in the film industry no need to make waves. This won't have that problem Josh loves Akira and has done many "unlicensed" commissions not a problem. If you haven't seen his recent stuff it's pretty damn good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom