• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

orioto

Good Art™
Soo i'm posting cause i'm not sure of this one. And i have to go for a trip for 4 days. I planned to release it tonight but i'm not sure maybe i should wait till i'm back and have more distance on it.

Opinion ?

SoMdef.jpg

boraaa

Neo Member
Speaking of which. Got in touch with the artist for number 7 just yesterday. She'll be thinking about the subject and will propose it to us. Due to certain strict circumstances, the run of number 7 might not be able to exceed 20 and I'm not sure if I can say the artist's real name or not.

count me in for # 7 :D

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Soo i'm posting cause i'm not sure of this one. And i have to go for a trip for 4 days. I planned to release it tonight but i'm not sure maybe i should wait till i'm back and have more distance on it.

Opinion ?

http://orioto.free.fr/SoMdef.jpg

I think it looks great, even if I'm not familiar with the source material. You did a great job of capturing the typical SNES-era RPG perspective. while still giving it a lot of depth.

EDIT: If I had to complain about something, I'd like a little more definition on the hero's figure (so I can make out the face) and more substance to the waterfall as it's flowing down.

Trasher

Just brought this home today (image dump incoming):

LMHpAHM.jpg

lDBKlus.jpg

a9AfuSm.jpg

34FMyqz.jpg

AaQO2RV.jpg

TexBF0R.jpg

Really really impressed with how this turned out. Although the frame looks like it's black in most of these pictures, it's actually a really dark brown. Kind of depends on the lighting. Here's a close up shot where you can see how it sort of sparkles under certain light:

Brj0EAg.jpg

Anyways, sorry for all the pictures. Just really happy with it and wanted to share it!

orioto

Good Art™
I think it looks great, even if I'm not familiar with the source material. You did a great job of capturing the typical SNES-era RPG perspective. while still giving it a lot of depth.

EDIT: If I had to complain about something, I'd like a little more definition on the hero's figure (so I can make out the face) and more substance to the waterfall as it's flowing down.

Thx! Yeah i'll have to redo the character i think. I'll see after i come back from Berlin.

My Moss True Detective set came in the mail last night.Pretty stoked to see they were numbered 1/####. I don't put much stock into print numbers, but still pretty neat.

theaface

My Moss True Detective set came in the mail last night.Pretty stoked to see they were numbered 1/####. I don't put much stock into print numbers, but still pretty neat.

Good stuff. Haven't heard anything about mine yet, so I'm hoping I'm one of the lucky few to get an additional print of the killer.

IronRinn

Didn't see this linked here, but up today, Wednesday April 30th between 1:00 and 2:00 PM EST on Grey Matter Art: Escape From New York by Grzegorz Domaradzki (Gabz):
Escape-from-New-York-Regular.jpg

Regular Edition: 325 $50.00 Printed By: D & L Screen Printing on White 100# 24" x 36"

Escape-from-New-York-Variant-Edition.jpg

Variant Edition: 175 $75.00 Printed By: D & L Screen Printing on French Speckletone Madero Beach 100# 24" x 36"

Unrelated: I received my Brian Taylor Alien poster. Great image; shitty, shitty paper. Like magazine stock. It was $25.00, so I suppose I can't complain too much.

Sushigod7

Unrelated: I received my Brian Taylor Alien poster. Great image; shitty, shitty paper. Like magazine stock. It was $25.00, so I suppose I can't complain too much.

Yeah he just put everything on Society6 if you want higher quality paper, he said he preferred it because the color is much better. Was your damaged or anything?

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Didn't see this linked here, but up today, Wednesday April 30th between 1:00 and 2:00 PM EST on Grey Matter Art: Escape From New York by Grzegorz Domaradzki (Gabz):

Apparently, their site just took a noise dive. E-mail them your order: admin@greymatterart.com.

LaneDS

Yikes. His recent Ghostbusters piece has the same issue.

Ah that's unfortunate. Was (and I guess still am) looking forward to seeing that one in person.

Anyone frame their Englert New Eden prints and have some suggestions on what kind of frame to go with? Decided I want to frame that one.

IronRinn

Ah that's unfortunate. Was (and I guess still am) looking forward to seeing that one in person.

Anyone frame their Englert New Eden prints and have some suggestions on what kind of frame to go with? Decided I want to frame that one.

My eventual plan is something huge, gold, and ornate.

I literally have no clue what a GID layer is, and have no clue what you are all talking about (I'm ignorant of everything in this thread though).

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Pretty much the case with all GID stuff; kinda tough to hide it. Just depends on how much of it there is.

Hmm... I don't remember it being that noticeable on his Battle of Blackwater Bay or his Fist of the First Men.

I literally have no clue what a GID layer is, and have no clue what you are all talking about (I'm ignorant of everything in this thread though).

We're talking about the Glow in the Dark ink layer.

I_Am_CC

Didn't see this linked here, but up today, Escape From New York by Grzegorz Domaradzki (Gabz):

Yeah, this turned into a real shitshow.

I don't know why they didn't just delay the release by a few hours, +1 Reg for me though. I hope they get all the issues sorted out by their next drop. There was problems as well when Cannibal Holocaust went live with credit card processing forcing PayPal use, not a big deal but everything should be in working order.

IronRinn

Hmm... I don't remember it being that noticeable on his Battle of Blackwater Bay or his Fist of the First Men.

On the New Eden piece you can see just a huge blob of GID ink depending on what angle you look at it from.

I don't know why they didn't just delay the release by a few hours, +1 Reg for me though. I hope they get all the issues sorted out by their next drop. There was problems as well when Cannibal Holocaust went live with credit card processing forcing PayPal use, not a big deal but everything should be in working order.

Yeah, if they want to do larger releases, they have to work on fixing this stuff. Landed a regular myself.

Leunam

Compare the two images for that Star Wars print. Then look at the image below of the stack of prints. You can see the transport and Luke, both in glow in the dark ink, showing through the first image.

Compare the two images for that Star Wars print. Then look at the image below of the stack of prints. You can see the transport and Luke, both in glow in the dark ink, showing through the first image.

ah, the second image is superimposed on the first one with Glow-In-The-Dark ink. It all makes sense now.

omgkitty

Also, none of the art is by Mike Mignola himself, so who cares? Never understood an art show tribute to another artist. I know it's technically Hellboy, but the main artist for the entire run of the book has been Mignola, so why would I want art from someone else?

Also, none of the art is by Mike Mignola himself, so who cares? Never understood an art show tribute to another artist. I know it's technically Hellboy, but the main artist for the entire run of the book has been Mignola, so why would I want art from someone else?

Why would you want Akira art by anyone other than Otomo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom