• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushigod7

And the winner is

True Random Number Generator
Min: 1
Max: 177
Result:
Powered by RANDOM.ORG

Congrats sushigod7. Just pm your info and it will ship out tomorrow.

Thanks to everyone who entered, will def be doing something like this again.

DAMN!!! Thanks deadbolt!!!! PM on the way thanks a ton!!!!

4/20/2014

Ecto-1 by DKNG

dkng-product_1024x1024.jpg

screenprint
18 x 24 inches
approx. 150-200 available per city & online
$35

How to buy online: http://shop.ghostbusters30th.com/products/dkng @ 5 PM EST

Remember this kickstarter from back in October 2013?

077190775a9ca78a00c3b87a508b05c0_large.jpg

I talked with the artist today at Wondercon, and you can get a sketch or a small watercolor =)

Oh, got some other good news too =)

tumblr_lz94i840XE1qkxrq4o1_500.png

Didn't see the earlier post about Sushigod7 winning. Awesome. Also very cool of deadbolt!

Also, we're now over 15,000 posts with over 301 pages!!

Hey guys, so I have a few 24x36 prints that I would like to frame, but I don't know the first thing about framing. Reading through the thread, it sounds like I should get acid-free frames to preserve the condition of the prints, but what are spacers? How do they work? Where is a good place for me to buy frames? Thanks!

With a quick Google search, I see some that are 1500x2700.

And I'm hoping that you're printing this for personal use and not trying to sell it via the "replicas" you see on eBay.

Oh it's definitely personal. I don't see any replicas on ebay... but if they looked ok and were inexpensive i almost wouldn't mind one of those...

The 1500x2700 asset has a quite a bit of noise in the details and is too small won't make for a good 17in-ish tall print. I may try to vectorize it, but i'd lose the subtle texture.

Sushigod7

Hey guys, so I have a few 24x36 prints that I would like to frame, but I don't know the first thing about framing. Reading through the thread, it sounds like I should get acid-free frames to preserve the condition of the prints, but what are spacers? How do they work? Where is a good place for me to buy frames? Thanks!

Lots of variables here, see a few pages back we gave someone the same advice your asking for now. If your going to keep the print in the frame for along time and don't plan on swapping art a mat or spacer is good to keep the print off the glass. Everything that touches the print should be acid free. If you want to swap prints out of the frames frequently not as big of a deal.

Bii

My significant other's not too fond of Martin Ansin's Alien variant that I'll be getting soon. With that, is anyone interested in purchasing it from me for cost plus shipping? I will also have an Ansin Prometheus variant that I'll be selling too. I do not have these on hand but my order for both posters are in the processing stage from Mondo, so it should be shipping soon.

Martin Ansin's Alien variant - $75 + $15 shipping in the US
http://www.geek-art.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Martin-Ansin-Alien-Variant.jpg

Martin Ansin's Prometheus variant - $75 + $15 shipping in the US
http://www.geek-art.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/Martin-Ansin-Prometheus-Variant.jpg

Or buy both for $150 + $15 shipping. Would prefer Paypal gifted, otherwise you'll have to cover Paypal fees.

----

Does anyone need a PB for Coraline tomorrow (or the vinyls)? I don't have anything to do tomorrow morning so I can try and get it for someone if interested. My Mondo streak has been pretty strong these past few weeks (even during the lagfest last week) though with me saying this, my streak might end tomorrow, haha.

ericexpo

so does every artist do artist prints now?
does anyone think the buffy will show up again?

also in flat file news, waiting for boss to get back to me on when we are moving and a price. He really doesn't care if we sell them as a set of 3 or each alone.

IronRinn

Is there a rush on picking up the vinyl at Mondo today? I'm just wondering if they're limited or "limited" the way the rest of the albums still up on the store are.

Cheska

Missed out on a really nice, affordable flat file on Craigslist here in the Bay Area ;_;

I need to get one ASAP, the collection just keeps growing..

LaneDS

Do folks with flat files store more than one print per drawer, separated by the kind of paper prints are usually shipped with? I'm assuming there is a right way to store things in a flat file, but as of yet I don't know it.

IronRinn

Do folks with flat files store more than one print per drawer, separated by the kind of paper prints are usually shipped with? I'm assuming there is a right way to store things in a flat file, but as of yet I don't know it.

I think if you are storing one print per drawer you are wasting an awful lot of space. Separate the print with tissue paper or glassine and you'll be fine.

LaneDS

I think if you are storing one print per drawer you are wasting an awful lot of space. Separate the print with tissue paper or glassine and you'll be fine.

That's what I had thought/hoped, but didn't want to eventually obtain one and make a simple mistake that would end up harming the prints.

Kerrinck

I am kinda limited on space so my mini flat file only has a single drawer. I put them all together (around 40) and separate each one from the other with acid free paper.
Been about a year and it has been working fine so far. Only annoying thing is when I have to pick a print from the bottom.

Bii

Haha, missed it. Oh well :p

If you want, I can sell my Englert Ghostbusters at cost + shipping to you. I ordered it when the leftovers went up, so I do not have it on hand. Will ship it to you once I get it.

Print ($40), CA sales tax ($3), shipping from Gallery 1988 ($15) + shipping from me to you if you're in the US ($15) = $73.

Kerrinck

Is there a rush on picking up the vinyl at Mondo today? I'm just wondering if they're limited or "limited" the way the rest of the albums still up on the store are.

I think the really limited ones were the GID available on Record Store Day so I am pretty sure these will be up for a while.

IronRinn

I thought as much, but just figured I'd take a quick poll. Got both so not really an issue I suppose and they are still up so, yeah, "limited."

V_Ben

Banned
If you want, I can sell my Englert Ghostbusters at cost + shipping to you. I ordered it when the leftovers went up, so I do not have it on hand. Will ship it to you once I get it.

Print ($40), CA sales tax ($3), shipping from Gallery 1988 ($15) + shipping from me to you if you're in the US ($15) = $73.

:O

PM'd...

LaneDS

Totally missed the Coraline drop earlier (wasn't going for it, but surprised it had no fanfare here).

Was also bummed to see the vinyl releases had a chance to have the cool pressings, which kept me from ordering the Coraline one.

Totally missed the Coraline drop earlier (wasn't going for it, but surprised it had no fanfare here).

Was also bummed to see the vinyl releases had a chance to have the cool pressings, which kept me from ordering the Coraline one.

Im a fan of whalen's style, but sometimes I feel his pieces are too empty or missing something. I definitely felt that way about this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom