• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rinemie

Neo Member
It's here. I have no idea if it he offers international shipping...

I really like this too... but its like 10 bucks too expensive. I'll have to think about it ><
Plus it seems like the music festival that they had a mural of it happened earlier this month already.

Here are status updates on the Neogaf Commissions:

Fancy-Poster GAF Commission #1 & 1A: Metal Gear Solid - Ninja (and its Variant) by Ash Thorp ( http://ashthorp.com/ )

Expected to be done printing by the end of next week. Needs to be signed and numbered.

--------------------

Fancy-Poster GAF Commission #2 & 2A: Majo no Takky&#363;bin Version S (and C)

Order to print has been placed. Should be in by the time Commissions 1 & 1A is ready to ship.

--------------------

Fancy Poster-GAF Commission #3: Paprika by Hebitsukai ( http://hebi.soragoto.net/ )

On-hand. Ready to ship with combined orders. All individual orders have already been shipped.

---------

Fancy Poster-GAF Commission #4

Artwork is nearly done.

------------------

Fancy Poster-GAF Commission #5

Still not sure if it will be done. fingers crossed.

------------------

Fancy Poster-GAF Commission #6

Summer 2014

----------

Fancy Poster-GAF Commission #7

Fall 2014

Bii

I've been eyeballing some things from Mike Mitchell's show: http://cinapse.co/2014/04/25/mondo-gallery-presents-mike-mitchell-x-marvel-x-mondo/

Hope I can snag a portrait or two when the leftovers go up. In other news, I got my Lee in today. :D

14035006133_3a745856f1_o.jpg

If anyone happens to be looking rid of any of Mitchell's Marvel portraits / JLU and are ok with shipping to the UK, I could be your new best friend ;)

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Let's say I want to frame a 18x24 poster with a 2 inch mat, so the mat's dimensions would be ~18x24 on the inside and 22x28 on the outside. The frame I buy would also have to be 22x28 on the inside.

My question is, am I supposed to buy/cut a 22x28 board or a 18x24 one, and if it's the former, how does that work with self-adhesive boards? Do I peel and mount, and then stick the matting on top of it or what?

Manev and Rob Jones address the Prometheus situation over on EB starting here:

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?p=2598128#p2598128

Short story, Manev says he used the shading on the Punisher piece as a reference for his Prometheus, and it was a little too close for comfort when Mondo got wind of it the day it was to be released. Manev was on vacation at the time and was unreachable. Now it seems like they plan on explaining what happened and might release it in the future.

IronRinn

Manev and Rob Jones address the Prometheus situation over on EB starting here:

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopic.php?p=2598128#p2598128

Short story, Manev says he used the shading on the Punisher piece as a reference for his Prometheus, and it was a little too close for comfort when Mondo got wind of it the day it was to be released. Manev was on vacation at the time and was unreachable. Now it seems like they plan on explaining what happened and might release it in the future.

Ain't no drama like Fancy Poster drama.

I just want a good Prometheus print (beside the one by New Flesh which I'll never get.) I really liked the movie purely from an aesthetic point of view.

Kerrinck

Ain't no drama like Fancy Poster drama.

I just want a good Prometheus print (beside the one by New Flesh which I'll never get.) I really liked the movie purely from an aesthetic point of view.

NE one is pretty nice, they had the advantage of not worrying about likeness rights though.
Kinda gave up on grabbing one as well so I am in the same boat as you. I liked the JC Richard one but after being disappointed with the graininess of his north of the wall, I decided to skip it.

theaface

Ugh. :-(

The EBer I'd bought the Whalen 'Frozen' print from just messaged me to tell me Mondo had refunded him, so no print for me. In fairness to him, he's processed my refund immediately but it's still enormously frustrating as this was the third and final print I was waiting on before I framed and hung 3 Whalen Disney prints.

I don't suppose any fancy poster gaffers have copies that they're willing to part with? Happy to pay a fair going rate. PM me if interested.

Just wanted to update you with the happy ending to this mini fiasco. In short, fellow Gaffer Clipjoint very kindly agreed to sell me his copy of the Whalen 'Frozen' print after seeing my initial post, and I'm happy to report it arrived safe and sound today.

I look forward to having it, Aladdin and Lion King framed and hanging proudly home - I'll update a pic once that's all done. I'm personally only inclined to buy prints that I want to have on display, and it was never a possibility that this would go anywhere but up on the wall.

Anywho, I just want to publicly acknowledge and thank Clipjoint for helping me out as he did. It was my fiancée's birthday on Saturday, so she was VERY happy to see the print arrive today so close to the big day. Cheers fella.

V_Ben

Banned
Just wanted to update you with the happy ending to this mini fiasco. In short, fellow Gaffer Clipjoint very kindly agreed to sell me his copy of the Whalen 'Frozen' print after seeing my initial post, and I'm happy to report it arrived safe and sound today.

I look forward to having it, Aladdin and Lion King framed and hanging proudly home - I'll update a pic once that's all done. I'm personally only inclined to buy prints that I want to have on display, and it was never a possibility that this would go anywhere but up on the wall.

Anywho, I just want to publicly acknowledge and thank Clipjoint for helping me out as he did. It was my fiancée's birthday on Saturday, so she was VERY happy to see the print arrive today so close to the big day. Cheers fella.

Awesome stuff, this board has many a kind soul on it.

Clipjoint

Glad it was able to find a good home! Please do post pics when you have it framed.

boraaa

Neo Member
from the mondotees sale, was hoping to pickup a deadpool, but it seems both versions of those have sold out at the show. oh well, saving up more money for those neogaf commissions :)

from the mondotees sale, was hoping to pickup a deadpool, but it seems both versions of those have sold out at the show. oh well, saving up more money for those neogaf commissions :)

Speaking of which. Got in touch with the artist for number 7 just yesterday. She'll be thinking about the subject and will propose it to us. Due to certain strict circumstances, the run of number 7 might not be able to exceed 20 and I'm not sure if I can say the artist's real name or not.

Bii

Speaking of which. Got in touch with the artist for number 7 just yesterday. She'll be thinking about the subject and will propose it to us. Due to certain strict circumstances, the run of number 7 might not be able to exceed 20 and I'm not sure if I can say the artist's real name or not.

1. Bii

:p

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face

Is it anime-inspired?

Damnit I will be driving home over the Mondo drop. Stupid work getting in the way of me getting fancy posters. Stupid work that funds this filthy habit. I will without a doubt seek out a load of these at another time.

suplex

PB had already gotten me Cap, Deadpool, Magneto and Nightcrawler. Thought about getting War Machine, but I spent too much money already.

I might consider going for Spidey whenever that drops.

IronRinn

I know every one of these characters but I really had no interest in these. Read a ton of Marvel comics stuff (mostly X-Men) in the 90s but lost my taste for it. That said, Mike did a fantastic job on these and despite my lack of interest, I still think it was a great idea for a show. Buddy of mine is a huge Avengers fan however; might try and grab something for a b-day present.

Trasher

Mike does great work...it's just great work that I usually have zero interest in. The portraits don't do it for me. Doesn't even matter what the subject material is. I might not even hang a GoT portrait if he did any.

IronRinn

Mike does great work...it's just great work that I usually have zero interest in. The portraits don't do it for me. Doesn't even matter what the subject material is. I might not even hang a GoT portrait if he did any.

I have a Gene Wilder/Willy Wonka portrait by him that I love.

Kraven and Jubilee are still available. Guess no one wants those.

Bishop too. Edit: Nope, gone now as well.

Natlebug

Neo Member

56dcd2b5351eba74be25808f96564e89.jpg

Well he did one, but I agree with you that his stuff just isn't for me.

I'm assuming this isn't how it's going to go but if so, count me in for commission #7 if possible! :p

Ah, thanks for the interest. But no lists yet. I'd rather wait until the subject is announced, and artist, if that's allowed. It won't be until late Summer anyhow. If I can't say her real name then it'll be a pseudonym. You guys might be able to figure out who it is if you look back to Nausicaa. This will be her first screenprint.

Ah, thanks for the interest. But no lists yet. I'd rather wait until the subject is announced, and artist, if that's allowed. It won't be until late Summer anyhow. If I can't say her real name then it'll be a pseudonym. You guys might be able to figure out who it is if you look back to Nausicaa. This will be her first screenprint.

Had an assumption. Hype level maximum.

Greyvvolf

So what were the options for Ant Man today? Did they have the full set or just the wallet size portraits?

Edit: My bad, I was browsing on EB today and saw someone mention Ant Man. So I thought it got added in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom