• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

MY CHILDHOOD

HANNA-BARBERA (Flintstones, Yogi Bear, Tom & Jerry, Jonny Quest & Hong Kong Phooey) On Sale Info!
Hanna-Barbera fans! Tomorrow we'll be releasing posters celebrating cartoon classics including The Flintstones, Yogi Bear, Tom & Jerry, Jonny Quest and Hong Kong Phooey. We're pumped to feature five different artists - Dave Perillo, Andrew Kolb, Anne Benjamin, Matthew Woodson and Drew Milward - each offering a unique take on the animation that we all know and love.

a0293c0a-43a4-47d1-a124-f03676231edb.jpg

Ten Little Flintstones by Dave Perillo. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

2aad17ef-e083-438f-b067-63d7ba4cad26.jpg

Yogi Bear: Home-Sweet Jellystone by Andrew Kolb. 18"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

4a8041e0-3e16-4668-b8f9-a86864c0180c.jpg

Tom & Jerry: The Two Mousketeers by Anne Benjamin. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

829eef8d-42d1-4e69-a57f-c095095692f2.jpg

Jonny Quest by Matthew Woodson. 36"x24" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 225. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $45

92406c04-5eb5-4b7c-8df5-bf3425fdb79e.jpg

Hong Kong Phooey by Drew Millward. 24"x18" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 200. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $40

Meier

Well poop, the Bottleneck mystery tube sale is sold out. :( If anyone gets the Calvin and Hobbes and is interested in selling it, let me know!

I am also 50/50 on the Ico print due to the price, so if you would like to take over my place in the commission, send me a PM and we can maybe work it out.

Limiting Factor

Neo Member
Did anyone else purchase "Princess Mononoke" by Marko Manev from Hero Complex Gallery's Kung Fu Theater show?

I just got mine and I'm noticing a distinct lack of detail in one of the colors. It's not that the print is completely different but it seems like the last color didn't have enough ink.

Ha! Drew Millward's Hong Kong Phooey looks like someone dosed that dog with acid. I love it. Drew has done some great stuff with Warpaint Press. Glad to see him working Mondo.

Meier

I love that Jonny Quest one so much. Maybe I'll get it in a flat file sale in the future.. can't really commit to it right now.

Limiting Factor

Neo Member
For reference, the original image from Hero Complex Gallery's website:

OyWiFtj.jpg

An example of the uneven coloring with the Kodama.

gkPzSD4.jpg

Similar issues with other Kodama in the trees. There's a lack of color, in the whiteish layer, compared to the image on the website.

AoU5bK6.jpg

And a good example of lack of coloring with the dragonflies. Two are hardly visible and a third isn't even on the print.

yh6eVSf.jpg

The actual print is also a little greener than I was expecting. The offending color layer is not quite white and more white with a greenish twinge.

Sushigod7

Hmm kind of disappointing was thinking about ordering that one. The people at HCG are really nice maybe it was just this print and others are better? Just ask them.

orioto

Good Art™
Speaking about HCG do some of you guys go the the gaming in the gallery show ? I didn't see any preview of it online yet, and it's debuting tomorrow night. I hope it's not delayed lol.

My Mario history fresco has been waiting for 6 month!

Sushigod7

Speaking about HCG do some of you guys go the the gaming in the gallery show ? I didn't see any preview of it online yet, and it's debuting tomorrow night. I hope it's not delayed lol.

My Mario history fresco has been waiting for 6 month!

Its still going down see a bunch of previews of other artists on FB.

Limiting Factor

Neo Member
Hmm kind of disappointing was thinking about ordering that one. The people at HCG are really nice maybe it was just this print and others are better? Just ask them.

I heard back from HCG but unfortunately the response was that the effect is intended; the whitish color is supposed to fade out. And due to the nature of screen prints they will each be unique and differ from the original image.

So, buyer beware.

(seem to have) missed the 20th Anniversary PS4, bbbuuuuuuttttt

Stout dropped some KB and AKIRA prints in his shop and I grabbed an Akira.

Either reg or var, randomly as he didn't know how many of each he had, just how many total.

All in all, a good day.

Sushigod7

Either reg or var, randomly as he didn't know how many of each he had, just how many total.

All in all, a good day.

Saw that! Sweet pick up man. I can't believe he randomly dropped them.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

All in all, a good day.
WAT. Too busy wrapping gifts, I've been away from my desktop.

Congrats on the pick up!

suplex

All in all, a good day.

Wait, what? Did an email go out or was it just totally random?

I probably would've rather had the PS4 as well, great pick up though.

Thanks guys, yeah no email or anything, just happened to be at my computer when he posted about them being for sale.

I'll be interested to see whether I get a reg or a variant, not sure which I'd prefer...

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
Hey fellahs.

I would love to get my sister a sweet Harry Potter print for Christmas, as she is a ridiculously huge Potter head. Are there any specific artists and/or websites you guys could recommend? I do live in Canada, for shipping reasons.

Hey fellahs.

I would love to get my sister a sweet Harry Potter print for Christmas, as she is a ridiculously huge Potter head. Are there any specific artists and/or websites you guys could recommend? I do live in Canada, for shipping reasons.

If you want an officially licensed art print, then you can buy it here: http://www.gallerynucleus.com/detail/16982

If you plan to buy more than one, I recommend doing 2 different orders. Once you purchase something there you will get a coupon code for 15% off your next purchase (it's a universal code that can be shared) and then place the remaining ones.

Switch Back 9

If you want an officially licensed art print, then you can buy it here: http://www.gallerynucleus.com/detail/16982

If you plan to buy more than one, I recommend doing 2 different orders. Once you purchase something there you will get a coupon code for 15% off your next purchase (it's a universal code that can be shared) and then place the remaining ones.

Doesn't necessarily have to official or licensed, I see you guys post all sorts of cool off-the-wall prints all the time, just wondering what your go to website is.

Thanks so much :)

Sushigod7

Doesn't necessarily have to official or licensed, I see you guys post all sorts of cool off-the-wall prints all the time, just wondering what your go to website is.

Thanks so much :)

Haven't seen a lot of HP prints the one MB posted is one of the only prints I've seen available commercially. Hero Complex Gallery, Bottleneck and Mondo are the main ones I watch but tons of other ones out there. Galerie F, LTD Gallery, Acme Archives check the first post some info there.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
Grey Matter Art just showed Gabz's Terminator. Suppose to be part of a diptych with T2.

Artist: Grzegorz Domaradzki (Gabz)
Size: 24x36
Regular Edition: 325/$50.00
Variant Edition: 175/$75.00
Foil Variant: 50/125.00

Switch Back 9

Haven't seen a lot of HP prints the one MB posted is one of the only prints I've seen available commercially. Hero Complex Gallery, Bottleneck and Mondo are the main ones I watch but tons of other ones out there. Galerie F, LTD Gallery, Acme Archives check the first post some info there.

Awesome! Thanks a lot man.

Filthy Slug

Crowd screaming like hounds at the heat of the chase/ All the colors of the rainbow flood my face
Grey Matter Art just showed Gabz's Terminator. Suppose to be part of a diptych with T2.

Artist: Grzegorz Domaradzki (Gabz)
Size: 24x36
Regular Edition: 325/$50.00
Variant Edition: 175/$75.00
Foil Variant: 50/125.00

It fucking stinks that these Terminator posters often don't have Arnold's likeness rights. That's seriously all I want from a T2 print. I'm tired of that skeletal terminator.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom