• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

omgkitty

Looks like I've found an Ansin Brazil for a decent price!

tumblr_liuzbqmmPk1qbvc38o1_250.png

Looks like I've found an Ansin Brazil for a decent price!

It's a fucking gorgeous print (and one of my favorite movies of all time)

duIgv.jpg

Note: the cans were not cold and only used for this one photo when I couldn't find my normal weights. Also this is an old pic, the print is framed on my wall now.

Dascu

Ooo trying to resist. Though there is two things on there I have no idea what they are supposed to be. What is that thing on the ground in white under Ghostface? Seems familiar. And the girl between the creeper and leatherface, is that the wife from the Shining?

I don't know either. What about the man and the boy in the bottom-left, next to Count Dracula?

Edit: Ohh! The Sixth Sense.

http://maxdalton.wordpress.com/2012/06/29/the-horror-die-cut-collection/

The wedding dress head is from Cemetery Man.

Ooo trying to resist. Though there is two things on there I have no idea what they are supposed to be. What is that thing on the ground in white under Ghostface? Seems familiar. And the girl between the creeper and leatherface, is that the wife from the Shining?

Yeah, bride head is from CEMETERY MAN, which is a remarkably obscure pick for this kind of thing.

The other is probably the girl from BLAIR WITCH PROJECT.

omgkitty

It's a fucking gorgeous print (and one of my favorite movies of all time)

duIgv.jpg

Note: the cans were not cold and only used for this one photo when I couldn't find my normal weights. Also this is an old pic, the print is framed on my wall now.

So purdy! My only wish is that I was getting a variant. Hopefully I can pick up one whenever posters and toys decides to release the AP's. I'm only buying this one because I'm sick of waiting.

LeaveItAlone

Neo Member
I've got myself down for a variant but I really can't see them hitting that total. Insidious just isn't as popular and the print isn't great.

omgkitty

Thanks. Please do me a favor and come unplug my Internet. Now I'm going for a Struzan 'The Thing' for $400 and an Ansin 'Thor' for $150. I hate sitting here waiting for PM's to be read...

Dude...take a deep breath and put down the credit card. You don't have to buy all the posters at once. Just remember that you can't buy everything, plus you never know what's coming out right around the corner.

Dude...take a deep breath and put down the credit card. You don't have to buy all the posters at once. Just remember that you can't buy everything, plus you never know what's coming out right around the corner.

Thanks. I've cooled down and am not pursuing them anymore...

Deep breaths.

matowest

Neo Member
I've been following this thread for updates on new releases for a while and you guys have helped me score several releases in the past few weeks. My NeoGAF account was finally activated and I'm happy I can now contribute, too. Just wanted to say hello all!

Sigma722

I've been following this thread for updates on new releases for a while and you guys have helped me score several releases in the past few weeks. My NeoGAF account was finally activated and I'm happy I can now contribute, too. Just wanted to say hello all!

*hi-five* It's an awesome thread.

What have you scored?

matowest

Neo Member
*hi-five* It's an awesome thread.

What have you scored?

It IS an awesome thread. Thanks to you guys, I was able to snag one of Whalen's Hawkeye APs, one of Petrie's Some Assembly Required APs and the Dave Williams Game of Thrones (sure it's straight up Saul Bass, but I dug it), just to name a few. Some stuff I either missed out on or probably wouldn't have even known about otherwise. The thread is great for just information and discussion, too, of course.

Sigma722

I'm going to regret not getting the "They All Float" print. Not a huge fan of "It", but really loved how it was composed.

I'm excited to see what comes next from him though. I'll probably skip "This is my Farm", as I'm an even less big fan of Walking Dead (that's what it's from right?).

Got my ROBOCOP and THEY ALL FLOAT DOWN HERE framed.

Will share pics later. I think there is some other stuff to update you on as well.

I look forward to it.

Was not too keen on the It print so skipped it, but damn the blood dripping version was pretty cool looking. Wish I had gotten that, but it also sold out quick.

Did someone post pics?

There was some on ebay that showed the blood dripping effect, looked really great. Thought the print itself while nice, would to most look like some generic landscape artwork if you don't look close at it. The blood dripping look really made it something eye catching.

Welcome! Glad to hear the thread has been helpful!

------

Here are some of Olly Moss' comi-con releases:

7488183728_9fe65c875b_z.jpg

Collaboration with Daniel Danger:

tumblr_m6jm9hkpVb1qeqo31o1_r1_1280.jpg

tumblr_m6jm9hkpVb1qeqo31o2_r1_1280.jpg

Cloud giclee:

tumblr_lyuckgyvV41qeqo31o1_400.png

Acme Archives will be releasing a Red Ranger print by Dave Rapoza:

PRLTD01.jpg

You can check it out in person at our booth at Comic-Con or stay tuned for when it will debut on Acme Direct (hint – maybe before Comic-Con). It will be available as a lithograph for $30 or a super fancy canvas signed by the artist for $350. Who knew that the Red Ranger could look like such a bada…ahem super cool guy!

Just got notified my Mondo 'E.T.' and Stout lottery 'Avengers' are waiting for me at home! Can't get them framed any time soon, as I'm going on Vacation! (and I blew all my poster $ in the past few days)

Up now:

Change Your Fate by Michael De Pippo ( http://michaeldepippo.com/ )

WDINT341.jpg

300 piece edition exclusive to SDCC 2012
18" x 24" screen print
$60.00
limit 1 per customer

This piece is for Comic-Con ATTENDEE pre-order for pickup only beginning Monday July 2nd and ending Wednesday July 4th. Orders must be picked up at our booth (#5629) at the San Diego Comic-Con. Orders not picked up will be refunded and will not be shipped. Please bring your receipt to the booth when picking up. If you wish to have a friend pick up for you, that is not a problem, just make sure your friend has your receipt. Non-Attendee pre-orders will begin on Wednesday July 11th.
Payment is processed at the time the order is placed. Residents of California will be charged sales tax.

How to buy online: http://darkinkart.com/brave-silkscr...0d-BraveExclusivesAD07022012&utm_medium=email

7/12/2012:

Sleeping Dogs Prima Games Variant Edition by Tyler Stout

variant_final_sm.jpg

24x36 screen print with metallic inks. Signed/numbered edition of 100.

How to obtain: SDCC giveaway. Details to follow.

Sid & Marty Krofft

Sid & Marty Krofft are back this year with a whole new panel and a rare glimpse into never-before-seen network footage of their classic show Land of the Lost, on Saturday July 13, 2012 upstairs in Room 23ABC. After the panel, the Kroffts will be in the Huckleberry booth at 2:30PM for a signing. In honor of their Land of the Lost presentation, Huckleberry has created some exclusive San Diego Comic-Con merchandise for the occasion.

We have a very limited number of cool sleestak skull shirts ($20), embroidered hats ($25) and buttons ($2) that will be for sale. Artists Tom Whalen and Dave Perillo have created some amazing limited edition hand-pulled silk screen poster prints. Tom Wahlen’s Land of the Lost 6 color print will come in a numbered edition of 125pcs and sell for $60. The 6 color variant version will be a numbered edition of 75 pcs and sell for $85. Dave Perillo’s H.R.Pufnstuf 7 color print will come in a numbered edition of 125pcs and sell for $50. The 6 color variant version will be a numbered edition of 75 pcs and sell for $75.

28950d1341240766-huckleberry-toddland-unveil-san-diego-comic-con-plans-landlost-print.jpg

28949d1341240766-huckleberry-toddland-unveil-san-diego-comic-con-plans-hrpufnstuf-print.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom