• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

suplex

I like alot of Doyles art, don't care that much really about the collectors aspect so whatever. But really don't like that 5th Element.

Agree completely. It's actually kinda shocking how disappointing that 5th Element is.

Congrats to those that scored a Cap. I got mine flattening right now and it's awesome in person.

IronRinn

For some reason I am having a hard time wrapping my head around how "this is my farm..." is going to work. I'm assuming that the glow in the dark ink turns the daylight image into the night time image but I can't see it looking very good. Nice illustrations though.

matowest

Neo Member
For some reason I am having a hard time wrapping my head around how "this is my farm..." is going to work. I'm assuming that the glow in the dark in turns the daylight image into the night time image but I can't see it looking very good. Nice illustrations though.

I'm curious about this as well. Great idea, of course, but I wonder how well the glow will show up once it's framed and hanging. Kind of why I'm leaning toward the variant set, myself.

Meier

690616_6802725_b.jpg

http://society6.com/iwilding/Super-Metroid-Lbp_Print

Super Metroid

Created by Ian Wilding

Prints available at society6.

I came to post about this and ask if anyone knew if was for sale anywhere. Sweet! It's one of the best designs I've ever seen. Definitely feels Olly Moss inspired (and not just due to the color scheme) but I have no problem with that.

I came to post about this and ask if anyone knew if was for sale anywhere. Sweet! It's one of the best designs I've ever seen. Definitely feels Olly Moss inspired (and not just due to the color scheme) but I have no problem with that.

inspired is putting it so kindly though.
then again Moss riffs on Saul Bass a lot too so whatever.

Sigma722

So I've been thinking about building a flat file for storing some of these, since framing the good ones will get expensive..

Anybody have any experience with that? I was looking at using MDF, maybe just 2 or 3 shelves, and then I might put that onto something else so it isn't just sitting really low on the floor.

Should I treat or spray the MDF with something, or line it with some type of acid free matte?

EDIT: Did a search and it looks like MDF can be pretty acidic, so the last line becomes a little more important..

LaneDS

Iron Giant stuff up tomorrow, hooray! Glad I swung out and missed on the ones available on eBay thus far. Hopefully I can get one or there will be someone here that does and wants to sell it.

omgkitty

Tomorrow, we'll be releasing our IRON GIANT jointed figure by Kevin Tong. Kevin did all of the illustrations and Moon Editions assembled the figure. There are 9 points of articulation and it will come pre-packaged and ship flat. We'll also be releasing the remaining copies of Laurent Durieux's amazing posters for THE IRON GIANT, KING KONG and KING KONG variant.

Please follow us on Twitter for the on sale announcement. This figure and these posters will be available online at a random time on Friday, July 6th.

e1341373713.jpg

Illustration by Kevin Tong. 9 points of jointed articulation. Comes packaged with Hogarth, bolt and "S" logo. Iron Giant stands at 31 3/8" tall from head-to-toe and 14 7/8" shoulder-to-shoulder. Hogarth stands at 4 1/8" tall. Printed, assembled and packaged by Moon Editions. Ships flat. $75

scaled_e1341373685.jpg

Poster by Laurent Durieux. 21"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 425. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

e1341373838.jpg

Poster by Laurent Durieux. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 375. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $60

e1341373864.jpg

Poster by Laurent Durieux. 24"x36" screen print. Hand numbered. Edition of 175. Printed by D&L Screenprinting. $120

LaneDS

Are these typically limited to one per customer? Not that I want two, but I'm working under the assumption that this will drop when I'm busy at work, not be able to buy one and then be pretty bummed, so if there is a kind gaffer that obtains an extra one and wants to sell it they'll have my eternal love (and some of my dollars).

matowest

Neo Member
I hate Mondo releases where I want more than 1 of the prints. Which do I go for first?!?

I'm going for Iron Giant first, then Kong reg. Remember, they'll always combine shipping so maybe go through full check out for the one you want most, then go back and see what's left.

Was really hoping these would be $40-45 range. $60 each will sting the wallet a little if I manage to score both and the Englert drop tomorrow.

Meier

Are these typically limited to one per customer? Not that I want two, but I'm working under the assumption that this will drop when I'm busy at work, not be able to buy one and then be pretty bummed, so if there is a kind gaffer that obtains an extra one and wants to sell it they'll have my eternal love (and some of my dollars).

You are limited to 1 per item per customer. If they have variants, you could in theory get both but it's tough.

LaneDS

Iron Giant prints have been on ebay in the $170-$200 range- should I expect prices on ebay to drop once there are 425 more in the wild? I understand that's basic economics, but I figured I'd ask in case there is some oddity to the print aftermarket that I'm unaware of.

You are limited to 1 per item per customer. If they have variants, you could in theory get both but it's tough.

Gotcha, thank you.

matowest

Neo Member
Iron Giant prints have been on ebay in the $170-$200 range- should I expect prices on ebay to drop once there are 425 more in the wild? I understand that's basic economics, but I figured I'd ask in case there is some oddity to the print aftermarket that I'm unaware of.

Gotcha, thank you.

Well, there won't be 425 more. These are the leftovers from previous sales. Doubt there will be very many at all.

J-Man

What time does Mondo usually drop their prints? I know it's when I'm at work, but is there a usual time frame during the day when it happens?

I've had people look out for some prints for me recently, but I'm always busy at work when they drop...

omgkitty

Olly just posted this:

AxEcX2MCIAAM1OL.png:large

There's a headcrab in his facial hair!

What time does Mondo usually drop their prints? I know it's when I'm at work, but is there a usual time frame during the day when it happens?

I've had people look out for some prints for me recently, but I'm always busy at work when they drop...

Usually between 10 and 12 CST, but it's been later before.

Tonite's Mondo Mystery Movie is The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King to kick-off Mondo's Lord of the Rings series of posters!

Artist is Aaron Horkey

Regular and Variant:

580795_10101262179469029_1575406839_n.jpg
531690_10101262182647659_1939202_n.jpg

omgkitty

Tonite's Mondo Mystery Movie is The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King to kick-off Mondo's Lord of the Rings series of posters!

Artist is Aaron Horkey

Regular and Variant:

580795_10101262179469029_1575406839_n.jpg
531690_10101262182647659_1939202_n.jpg

Thank goodness. It's really cool but not something I feel like I need. I'm sure all the Horkey fans are freaking out though.

For some reason I am having a hard time wrapping my head around how "this is my farm..." is going to work. I'm assuming that the glow in the dark ink turns the daylight image into the night time image but I can't see it looking very good. Nice illustrations though.

For them to work you need complete darkness pretty much. It works well as long as you can't see the original image at all. Though GID prints often don't work as well when framed either so it's hard to say.

FnordChan

Meier

Artist is Aaron Horkey

Regular and Variant:

http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd398/gkohler32/580795_10101262179469029_1575406839_n.jpg[IMG] [IMG]http://i1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd398/gkohler32/531690_10101262182647659_1939202_n.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Didn't really care for these thankfully. Still wish I'd been able to get tickets because I love the movie and I'm sure at a minimum I could have made my money back. Is this guy the one who is doing those Game of Thrones banners? I don't really care for his work... WAY too busy for me.

IronRinn

Those Horkey Return of the King prints are gorgeous, but they don't really say "Lord of the Rings" to me. Still, beautiful illustrations. Horkey does great work.

Going for Iron Giant but I have a feeling I'm going to get shut out. The Kongs are really nice too, but I'm not a big enough fan of the movie to bite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom