• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melchiah

Another Mondo poster for Fantastic Fest 2012:

Room237_poster_IGN_mondo1-610x819.jpg

Do want. Any word on when the documentary will be released?

At least the price on the FoS reg should drop now. Been looking for one to go with my McCarthy 'Hoth' and Englert 'Thing'. I've already got 2 PMs on EB offering it to me. Jokes on them, as I have no money!!!

Bought my plane ticket to visit my sister two days ago, from 10/18-10/22, and now all this Universal Monsters news... I wish she lived in Austin!

9/21/2012:

Four Flies On Grey Velvet by Malleus

4FLIESREGULARMALLEUS(1).JPG

Details:
Film - '4 Mosche Di Velluto Grigio'
Artist/Designer - Malleus
Signed - Hand signed by the artist
Numbered - Hand numbered & Stamped
Edition - Regular Edition - Limited Edition of 175 pieces
Format - 4-colour silkscreen print
Size (Approximately) 19 1/2 X 27 1/2 Inches
£40.00

How to buy online: http://www.darkcitygallery.com/userimages/procart9.htm @ September at 17:00 GMT (UK time).

Four Flies On Grey Velvet Variant Edition by Malleus

4FLIESVARIANTMALLEUS(1).JPG

Details:
Film - '4 Mosche Di Velluto Grigio'
Artist/Designer - Malleus
Signed - Hand signed by the artist
Numbered - Hand numbered & Stamped
Edition - Variant Edition - Limited Edition of 75 pieces
Format - 4-colour silkscreen on silver metallic paper - Plus glitter
Size (Approximately) 19 1/2 X 27 1/2 Inches
£60.00

How to buy online: http://www.darkcitygallery.com/userimages/procart9.htm @ September at 17:00 GMT (UK time).

Meier

Fuck, there's no way I can get up to the South Lamar location and back on my lunch break since my car is a 15 minute walk away from my building. :(

23b9a88c03f711e2b1c522000a1dea36_7.jpg

"LOOPER available at Noon at the Mondo Store at Fantastic Fest. No badge required."

Meier

Also, for those that didn't see his tweets.. Olly is having a bit of a row (maybe not really the right word, but he's at least a bit disappointed about it) with Gearbox over their seemingly lifting assets from one of his Empire posters and aping its style.

Sigma722

I like the idea from EB that the person that created that, is the person who created the original trilogy "copy", and is in fact Olly's other personality.

omgkitty

I like the idea from EB that the person that created that, is the person who created the original trilogy "copy", and is in fact Olly's other personality.

That would explain why Olly sometimes disappears and doesn't respond to our questions!

He's probably just a busy guy and doesn't want to talk to poster nerds all day

Edit: Now Patrick Klepek is talking mad shit about Olly on Twitter!

Patrick Klepek ‏@patrickklepek
BREAKING: @ollymoss is a huge jerk and, when we met, he was super complimentary and said he liked my work. God damnit. Never forget.

Sigma722

So it turns out that the Looper prints are two separate colorways, no reg/variant. Both have edition sizes of 320, and cost $50.

I really hope they don't drop 'Spirited Away' at another public event. How many Mononoke's were lost to poor handling from fools looking to flip, but have no idea what they're doing?

Meier

They always limit you to one at these in person events as well -- I won't have any sort of +1 so whatever he puts for sale, I'll be snagging for myself (if I can get it). I am planning on running home and bringing Totoro to get signed just in case that's okay.

If they do drop Spirited Away, I would die with happiness (I can still vividly remember being so excited when it won the Oscar.. we had an Oscar watching party at my university in the movie theatre and I was flipping out -- my handle on HSX is MiyazakiFan). :) I bet it will be Frankenweenie or something else Fantastic Fest related though..

omgkitty

I'm hoping it's small things, letter presses of Spider Boobs and Join or Die Voltron... Just not Spirited Away. Please not Spirited Away.

My problem with Olly's stuff is that even when it's stuff I don't care about it, it's still amazing and I wan't it anyways. Kind of like Leon. I've never seen the film (I really need to) and I wanted the print because it's just so damn cool.

omgkitty

They always limit you to one at these in person events as well -- I won't have any sort of +1 so whatever he puts for sale, I'll be snagging for myself (if I can get it). I am planning on running home and bringing Totoro to get signed just in case that's okay.

If they do drop Spirited Away, I would die with happiness (I can still vividly remember being so excited when it won the Oscar.. we had an Oscar watching party at my university in the movie theatre and I was flipping out -- my handle on HSX is MiyazakiFan). :) I bet it will be Frankenweenie or something else Fantastic Fest related though..

Just start going around work and saying "Yo man! You like art?" and bring whoever says yes!

IronRinn

Wait, what the hell is going on?

Edit: Ok, I see now. I really doubt they'll drop Spirited Away as I feel like they already caught more backlash than they expected from people who felt screwed over by Princess Mononoke, but, then again, what do I know.

Just start going around work and saying "Yo man! You like art?" and bring whoever says yes!

At the Goonies event HongKongCavaliers from EB brought like 5 people from his work to the show, and was PB'ing for a bunch of Austin people. That's the way to do it, the guy I PB'd for lives in Denver. What the hell was I thinking?

Also, for those that didn't see his tweets.. Olly is having a bit of a row (maybe not really the right word, but he's at least a bit disappointed about it) with Gearbox over their seemingly lifting assets from one of his Empire posters and aping its style.

Wow. Never noticed the asset lifting. That's wrong. So the artist is the Giantbomb editior?

Meier

Patrick Klepek ‏@patrickklepek He's the editor of Giantbomb right?

Why did he tweet Olly that message?

I think he tweeted it because a lot of industry folks had tweeted some "support" for Olly including Mark MacDonald of 8-4 (and others including our own jstevenson). I think exxy was just having a laugh by calling him a jerk initially.

Gearbox's founder, Randy Pritchard, reached out to Olly and it looks like they're going to work it out in some capacity. I'd love it if Olly did some silhouette designs for the characters!

omgkitty

I think he tweeted it because a lot of industry folks had tweeted some "support" for Olly including Mark MacDonald of 8-4 (and others including our own jstevenson). I think exxy was just having a laugh by calling him a jerk initially.

Gearbox's founder, Randy Pritchard, reached out to Olly and it looks like they're going to work it out in some capacity. I'd love it if Olly did some silhouette designs for the characters!

Olly is one of the few people who doesn't copy his own work haha. I figure he'd do something different.

Also, I am disappointed that I still have yet to hear from anyone about my offer :(

I'm more than a little saddened at how quickly PB's are a thing of the past. When people on EB are offering $350 for a 'Looper' set before it even drops, what chance do I ever have? Why would you pay eBay prices, before the print is even available?

I'm more than a little saddened at how quickly PB's are a thing of the past. When people on EB are offering $350 for a 'Looper' set before it even drops, what chance do I ever have? Why would you pay eBay prices, before the print is even available?

The print will be likely available on ebay in a few weeks months for alot less than 350, don't sweat it. Value of prints in general has seen to gone to crap with how crowded the market has become. Theres always that initial rush and flippers trying to get big money, but it always cools down.

omgkitty

Well it sucks because now unless you ask as soon as anything is announced, you are SOL. Plus most people seem to just PB for the same people over and over again. I understand why, but sometimes it just sucks. I've only ever had two PB's and one of those is because I got super lucky. Now you basically have to put up some ridiculously good deal and cross your fingers to get anything.

I would recommend waiting for the postersandtoys drop.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Well it sucks because now unless you ask as soon as anything is announced, you are SOL. Plus most people seem to just PB for the same people over and over again. I understand why, but sometimes it just sucks. I've only ever had two PB's and one of those is because I got super lucky. Now you basically have to put up some ridiculously good deal and cross your fingers to get anything.

I think the bigger issue is that event PB-ing is a pain in the ass. PB-ing for a random screening at the Drafthouse or whatever was one thing, but dealing with the insane lines at Comic-Con or a Fantastic Fest or Mondo Gallery opening isn't worth it for folks when they are usually getting the prints for themselves.

If you live near a drop zone, you can still find PBs in a trade (ie, Austinites never have problems), but even that isn't a sure thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom