• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Pop Culture Art/Posters/Prints Thread (Mondo/ACME/Dark Hall Mansion/etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up now:

As You Wish by John Vogl

asyouwish_1.jpg

- Artwork by John Vogl for TheBungaloo.com

- 24" x 36"

- 3 colors on Cement Green paper.

- Standard edition limited to 150 total copies with only 90 available for online purchase.

- Hand numbered.

- Printed by Valhalla Studios.

$30

***** ESTIMATED SHIPPING DATE OF OCTOBER 5th 2012 *****

How to buy online: http://threebarrels.bigcartel.com/product/as-you-wish-by-john-vogl

As You Wish Variant Edition by John Vogl

asyouwish_2.jpg

- Artwork by John Vogl for TheBungaloo.com

- 24" x 36"

- 3 colors on Cement Green paper.

- VARIANT edition limited to 50 total copies with only 35 available for online purchase.

- Hand numbered.

- Printed by Valhalla Studios.

$30

***** ESTIMATED SHIPPING DATE OF OCTOBER 5th 2012 *****

How to buy online: http://threebarrels.bigcartel.com/product/as-you-wish-by-john-vogl-variant-edition

Risible

UGH. I was busy all day and come home to find out a Budich Inglorious Basterds dropped. If anyone has one and is having second thoughts PLEASE keep me in mind. Thanks so much!

omgkitty

Oh thank goodness. Those are awesome but not something I absolutely need. If someone comes through for me that's great, but not something I'll lose sleep over!

The shadowing on the 'Mr Smith' is bugging me. If they're steps, the vertical parts of the steps (red) wouldn't be shadowed like that... Obviously the sun is in front of him, so the entirety of the red color should be shadowed.

Am I crazy?

Meier

Just got home. Olly was insanely nice, if my fiancée had been there I'd have asked to get a photo but I was a mess trying to get everything back in its container. Only had time to grab Totoro and two Pokemon from home (wasn't sure if he'd sign old stuff or what) but I also bought Mr. Smith and a silver Looper.

There are -plenty- left of every print including Dredd and that Room 247 or whatever so I bet you guys will have a good shot at getting something even if it's through the site next week.

Olly said he lurks Neogaf all the time but obviously doesn't post a ton. Not sure how often he swings by our little neck of the woods. He posted today in the BL2 thread though.

Just got home. Olly was insanely nice, if my fiancée had been there I'd have asked to get a photo but I was a mess trying to get everything back in its container. Only had time to grab Totoro and two Pokemon from home (wasn't sure if he'd sign old stuff or what) but I also bought Mr. Smith and a silver Looper.

There are -plenty- left of every print including Dredd and that Room 247 or whatever so I bet you guys will have a good shot at getting something even if it's through the site next week.

Olly said he lurks Neogaf all the time but obviously doesn't post a ton. Not sure how often he swings by our little neck of the woods. He posted today in the BL2 thread though.

You decided to not buy Harvey?

omgkitty

Awesome. I really hope to meet Olly at some point even though I know I'll probably fumble all over myself because I'll be nervous. I've only ever met one person who I considered famous one time and I made a fool of myself (which I guess is okay because he was drunk). Just wondering, but did they only let you buy one Looper or could you buy one of each color?

PersonaX

Got this a month ago or so, i like it.

tnJPo.jpg

Soon going to be the happy owner of this:

4zQIi.jpg

I've never wanted to hang posters of movie stills or random pictures of actors/actresses on my wall, but with Sharon Tate i'm about to make an exception...she was just too beautiful ;___; i could look that all day.

H8Y8C.jpg

Meier

Had my worst poster moment ever yesterday. Mo had given me a heads up there "might" be some Mononoke prints available on Sunday at noon when they opened. I was planning on heading over to the Drafthouse around 11:30 to get there early but the Man City-Arsenal game was going down to the wire so I stayed and watched it all (and City shit the bed, again, at the end so I didn't leave til around 11:50. Got to the theatre at about 11:56 or so and saw a small line and my heart sunk. I could see the glass that there were a few prints available but they were at the top so of course every person before me had a great chance to get one. I ended up missing out on the print (a variant was left with 3 people ahead of me) to the one guy who was interested still (the two guys ahead of me had told me they were going to pass if any were left).

To say I was crushed was an understatement. :( I did get the Daniel Danger GOT print but man...

Sigma722

Had my worst poster moment ever yesterday. Mo had given me a heads up there "might" be some Mononoke prints available on Sunday at noon when they opened. I was planning on heading over to the Drafthouse around 11:30 to get there early but the Man City-Arsenal game was going down to the wire so I stayed and watched it all (and City shit the bed, again, at the end so I didn't leave til around 11:50. Got to the theatre at about 11:56 or so and saw a small line and my heart sunk. I could see the glass that there were a few prints available but they were at the top so of course every person before me had a great chance to get one. I ended up missing out on the print (a variant was left with 3 people ahead of me) to the one guy who was interested still (the two guys ahead of me had told me they were going to pass if any were left).

To say I was crushed was an understatement. :( I did get the Daniel Danger GOT print but man...

Was the game at least worth it? :)

Meier

Was the game at least worth it? :)

If we'd won, maybe! But stupid Arsenal had to score late and we had to settle for a draw. Two big (the Mononoke one being much bigger -- seeing it I literally sell out in front of me was the absolute worst) disappointments in a 20-25 minute window. :(

omgkitty

If we'd won, maybe! But stupid Arsenal had to score late and we had to settle for a draw. Two big (the Mononoke one being much bigger -- seeing it I literally sell out in front of me was the absolute worst) disappointments in a 20-25 minute window. :(

I also realize that I probably have just ruined any chance of ever getting help from you on getting posters

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Ah, thanks guys. Might wait a bit then. I like the silver one.

Also, anyone that got the Moss Batman print, where did you get a frame? Thing is such an odd size.

Meier

They had a huge stack of them left supposedly and they might go up online this week, so I'd wait if I were you.

Yeah, there were plenty left in both gold and silver. I am sure they'll put them up on the site.. I'd imagine there was at least 150-200 or so of each left.

I've never wanted to hang posters of movie stills or random pictures of actors/actresses on my wall, but with Sharon Tate i'm about to make an exception...she was just too beautiful ;___; i could look that all day.

H8Y8C.jpg

Indeed. Is it available in a higher resolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom