• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ferrio

Banned
npkqhAm.jpg

Hazzuh

She is silent on the existence of climate change... I guess if she says it exists the base will be mad but if she say it doesn't the media will be so she is choosing to ignore it..

Pryce

It's hard work to be born the son of a billionaire and never have to worry about your family being homeless or starving. It's a bitch to have the whole world on a platter waiting for your exploitation.

Republican voters are actually dumb enough to believe that a man born into wealth understands the plight of the working and poor (white) man and is looking out for their best interests. A man born into wealth who wants to cut taxes for himself and rob the working class and poor of various social programs.

Johnson was right.

685f28394e2afe6e2a0aab9fd5ad06b7.jpg

LBJ <3

You know what's kind of insane?

Not a single person in here defending this shit. I don't think that's normal at all.

It is exceptionally difficult to defend the RNC so far, even if you were to support the party. It has been overwhelmingly negative, dark, fearful, and insular. It isn't a good look and to be specific is exactly what the GOP was supposed to be tampering down after what happened in 2008. This is the rhetoric that buries them nationally.

Pretty normal dude, this is GAF

Left wing echo chamber

Give me a break. I will not deny that GAF is left leaning, but I would expect some defensive posts, the problem is the rhetoric thus far has not been something that is able to be defended. This is not the convention that anyone who wants national office wanted.

Conventions are filled by the ground-game-teams, so it gives you a picture of that. Trump is still running on his own, albeit with a bit more support, but it's still a hugely divided party that is missing the campaign machine that only a Bush or Rubio would have had backing them, so there's a void and it's perfectly illustrated in that image.

That is a strong point.

Hazzuh

All of these attacks on Hillary being dishonest/untrustworthy might work better if the Republicans had any candidate other than Trump lol.

Feel free to break the echo chamber with some hard facts.

Happy to debate that instead of just posting reactions over and over again.

It is exceptionally difficult to defend the RNC so far, even if you were to support the party. It has been overwhelmingly negative, dark, fearful, and insular. It isn't a good look and to be specific is exactly what the GOP was supposed to be tampering down after what happened in 2008. This is the rhetoric that buries them nationally.

Give me a break. I will not deny that GAF is left leaning, but I would expect some defensive posts, the problem is the rhetoric thus far has not been something that is able to be defended. This is not the convention that anyone who wants national office wanted.

I'm a left-winger myself bruh

Not saying I agree or both sides or equal. Just have some perspective on why you see zero right-wing posts

Ambien man!

I'm a left-winger myself bruh

Not saying I agree or both sides or equal. Just have some perspective on why you see zero right-wing posts

We have right wing people here though, but it is exceptionally hard to defend shit like this. The GOP could have came out here and said what they were going to do and push a positive image, that isn't happening and not many people like to openly defend rhetoric that is so divisive and fearful.

Curufinwe

I caught 20 seconds of Fox News coverage. The desperation to come up with ways to be negative about the economy is palpable.

I will never be able to suppress a chuckle when I see nominal bilateral trade deficits presented as a negative without a shred of context or explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom