• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes, Saul Alinsky, that guy from her home city of Chicago who was influential in poor neighbourhoods for his community organizing.

Why is this guy evil again?

HylianTom

Banned
But seriously.. Justice Kennedy turns 80 in 4 days. He's been there since I was in middle school. I'm pushing 40. At this rate, the judges the next President appoints will be around when I'm into my 70s. Let's get this shit done in November.

Red

Smf2vSG.gif
Why are you posting this picture of Hilary Rodham Clinton?

Had to look up Saul Alinsky

His organizing skills were focused on improving the living conditions of poor communities across North America. In the 1950s, he began turning his attention to improving conditions in the African-American ghettos, beginning with Chicago's and later traveling to other ghettos in California, Michigan, New York City, and a dozen other "trouble spots".
What a bastard.

Liberty4all

Banned
It is exceptionally difficult to defend the RNC so far, even if you were to support the party. It has been overwhelmingly negative, dark, fearful, and insular. It isn't a good look and to be specific is exactly what the GOP was supposed to be tampering down after what happened in 2008. This is the rhetoric that buries them nationally.

Give me a break. I will not deny that GAF is left leaning, but I would expect some defensive posts, the problem is the rhetoric thus far has not been something that is able to be defended. This is not the convention that anyone who wants national office wanted.

Honestly nobody who has been here long enough is going to defend Trump, not if they don't want to be pounced on by multiple posters. The same is true on forums that swing to the right about jumping in to defend Hilary. The sharp divide between left and right has been going on for years, but it's gotten to the point where actual debate is almost impossible even by folks in the centre. Because the rehtoric of the right and left ideologies are completely incompatible with the other ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom