• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
BPrl2GI.gif

Like that, just an orange man with a terrible toupée

Fingers crossed.

Apathy

I would love for him to just go out there and lose it. "Do you seriously think I'd support this sack of shit? He called me lyin' Ted for months and implied my wife was a hag. You all have lost your fucking minds."

OMG how i wish that were true. If it did I might actually respect the man then.

I would love for him to just go out there and lose it. "Do you seriously think I'd support this sack of shit? He called me lyin' Ted for months and implied my wife was a hag. You all have lost your fucking minds."

A moment of uncensored sudden lucid rage at the whole situation would be one of the greatest moments ever.

" Honestly, look at yourselves. By all means we're probably going to lose the presidency for the third time. We've got Trump as our candidate. What the fuck are we doing? What are we even doing here? "

Ambient80

Actually, crowds have been part of the failure of this campaign. The gallery has been mostly empty every night. The floor clears out by 10. It's insane.

Dunno why they wait so late for speeches. People are gonna leave cause they have work the next day. It's in a bigger city, right in the middle of downtown so traffic will be bad. Not to mention protesters possibly causing more delays. I'm not at all surprised so many people leave early.

mo60

Have we had our "debating an empty chair" moment, yet, or are they still running on Diet Crazy in spite of it all?

Their were two speakers doing a play by play of what happened during benghazi accoridng to them for like 30 minutes on the first night.

Dunno why they wait so late for speeches. People are gonna leave cause they have work the next day. It's in a bigger city, right in the middle of downtown so traffic will be bad. Not to mention protesters possibly causing more delays. I'm not at all surprised so many people leave early.

Typically, you want your best speakers in the 10pm hour because network TV covers it at that point. You want that place jumping when the networks come in. Such a mess they screwed this up.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Hans and Frans foaming at the mouth talking about knocking off enemies was definitely one of the crazier moments, if not the craziest. One of them used that arcade game whack-a-mole as an analogy at one point. You'd expect to hear stuff like that at the local VFW but seeing it on stage at a major convention was kind of unsettling to me, even if it was the Republican convention.

bgbball31

Twitch feed is live now.

Not gonna lie, can only watch the national anthem tonight, so I'll be reading posts later about craziness. I know the singer, so I have to watch that. Interestingly enough, she's not a republican. I figured everyone they had sing at these things would have been asked about their political leanings (although, maybe she was and just didn't disclose it in the article below).

Article about her singing tonight:
http://www.sent-trib.com/news/bg-si...cle_99786b60-4db0-11e6-b8e8-3b8b7538fc1d.html

Edit: Welp, looks like basketball got cancelled tonight. I'm strapping in for the long haul!

So my hot take on the convention so far.

It's a mess. Seriously. The one thing I was scared of when it came to Trump was that he would put on a hell of a show. He hasn't. The guest list has been ridiculous. The scheduling has been terrible. The messaging has been all over the place. They haven't kept the hall even 3/4s full. They've put keynote speakers on outside prime time, while avocado farmers have been given time.

Ratings are down or flat, which is terrible considering Trump is supposedly a media savant. They lost two days on the easiest, lowest bar speech of the convention. They've failed to articulate even a single policy other than "Hillary's a bitch" and "Hillary worships Satan!"

It's terrible. Even when I loathed Rmoney and McCain, they put on a decent enough show. I disagreed with the shit they spewed, but at least it was semi-coherent.
I'm legit amazed that they closed out the show yesterday with a Muslim dude. Donald "Ban All Muslims" Trump had a Muslim dude be the last person to speak and his speech was shitty and boring too. Have these people never heard the phrase "go out with a bang"? You wrap shit up on a high, pumped up, note so people are left wanting more and talking about how great it was.

Anyway, I'm glad they are fucking it up.

Can't even come close to filling the arena at the start of the night, either. And the VIP section is entirely barren. But hey, at least it looks like almost all of the delegates are there!

Twitch has topped out at 20k the first two nights and I wouldn't expect any more or less than that again today.

mo60

Can't even come close to filling the arena at the start of the night, either. And the VIP section is entirely barren. But hey, at least it looks like almost all of the delegates are there!

Twitch has topped out at 20k the first two nights and I wouldn't expect any more or less than that again today.

20K viewership is pretty awful for a big event like this.

20K viewership is pretty awful for a big event like this.

I would consider that a lot of the traditional convention viewers probably don't watch it on Twitch though. More people probably watching it on TV.

Holy shit I was half sure this dude was about to start singing 'Bye Bye Lil Sebastian' based on the guitar.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
5 minutes in and I don't think I can take anymore of this tonight.

Edit: Harmonica seizure man isn't convincing me to keep going

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom