• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard some talking head concern trolling about how could the DNC possibly counter this all-star lineup at the RNC. Almost had a Scanners moment.

Where's the Democrats' Chris Christie? Where's the Democrats' Newt Gingrich?

Where, I beseech you, is the Democrats' Scott Baio?

Revolver

Eric promises his speech tonight will be in all his own words with no help from a speech writer: “Zero,” Trump said on "Good Morning America" when asked whether any speechwriters helped compose his address in support of his dad, Donald Trump. “I wrote every single word of my speech myself.”

Nokterian

Meanwhile

imagem1big.jpeg

(For those who don't know, gert wilders is one of Europes biggest racist politicians)

Yeah i saw it and as a dutch men it shows his true colors...he is scumbag through and through.

Not trying to start a debate on the issue, but in a lot of circumstances, these tourist hunting trips really help conservation efforts. Charge a bunch of rich assholes tens of thousands of dollars to essentially euthanize animals on the verge of death, then donate the meat to a local village, and use that money to pay for more rangers and better security measures. In regions where you can buy tags to hunt these animals poachers are substantially less effective.
While that may be true, donated money helps just as much. The park rangers can do the culling. Sustenance hunting is fine, but safari hunts perpetuate the "rules don't apply if you are wealthy" mindset. I hate posing with dead animals photos to begin with, but fuck you especially if you're chopping off its tail and holding it up like a prize.

Apathy

Ted about to endorse trump. No spine or self respect from this man. Trump spends so much time insulting him and now he's going to grin his teeth and pretends he likes the man.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Ted about to endorse trump. No spine or self respect from this man. Trump spends so much time insulting him and now he's going to grin his teeth and pretends he likes the man.

Insults his wife and father. Calls him the biggest liar in the party.
And yet he still endorses him?

I didn't expect Kasich to have the bigger backbone.

jmood88

Republicans love to use tough talk but allowed Donald to not only shit all down their throats but to have them go crawling back to him for publicity. It's a damn shame what some people will do for a little bit of attention.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
Anyone want to make a small bet that Cruz suggests again that Ronald Reagan was responsible for the Iranian Hostages being released during his speech?

Yeah, Pence is tonight. Also Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz. A murderers row, to be sure.
According to NPR he hasn't shared his speech with the campaign so they don't know what he's going to say. It'd be sweet if he go up there and bashed Trump but he will probably just rail on Hillary like everyone else.

So has there been any talk on how they actually plan to win the election or...?
So far it appears they are just going YOLO with bashing Hillary since Trump is such a massive turd with no ideas. I don't think there has been even a single mention of any low level changes he would make or policies he would implement. Maybe a mention of the wall but I can't recall even that. It's all high level, vague shit like "he will be great and make America great" and "he has your back" which all means absolutely dick.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So the Guardian have just put this out:

A woman at the centre of sexual assault allegations against Donald Trump has spoken for the first time in detail about her personal experience with the billionaire tycoon who this week became the Republican nominee for president.

Jill Harth, a makeup artist, has stayed quiet for almost 20 years about the way Trump pursued her, and – according to a lawsuit she instigated – cornered her and groped her in his daughter’s bedroom.

After Trump mounted his campaign for the White House, details emerged of the 1997 complaint, in which Harth accused him of “attempted ‘rape’”.

She said she was quickly inundated with interview requests from major US television networks, but resolved not to speak about the events – until Trump publicly said in May that her claims were “meritless” and his daughter Ivanka gave an interview in which she said her father was “not a groper”.

Harth, who feels she has been publicly branded a liar and believes her business has suffered because of her association with the allegations, decided to speak out about her experience with Trump because she wants an apology.

In an hour-long interview at the Guardian’s New York office on Tuesday, Harth said she stands by her charges against Trump, which run from low-grade sexual harassment to an episode her lawyers described in the lawsuit as “attempted ‘rape.’”

How many more skeletons are jangling in the closet, waiting to come out?

Marz

Lol Cruz and the rest of these Republican clowns who are now endorsing Trump after months of being insulted don't even have my respect as a man.

It's pretty sad when Jeb Bush has bigger balls than you.

Revolver

I wonder if Cruz will actually endorse Trump tonight or just go off on a "Killary! Blaaargh!" rant? I'm sure he's just setting himself up for 2020 but Lord Trump does demand fealty from his vanquished foes.

platocplx

Lol Cruz and the rest of these Republican clowns who are now endorsing Trump after months of being insulted don't even have my respect as a man.

It's pretty sad when Jeb Bush has bigger balls than you.

Especially with what they have at stake as a party. I respect the Bushes for their stance.

Malreyn

So the Guardian have just put this out:

How many more skeletons are jangling in the closet, waiting to come out?

Reading the article, I just saw this quote;

Speaking in Cleveland at the Republican national convention on Wednesday, Roger Stone, a veteran strategist and longtime Trump adviser, dismissed the allegations, saying: “I have an excellent bullshit detector.”

Apparently not if you work for the campaign...

I respect the Bushes for their stance.

Why? They're throwing a tantrum because virtually no one cares for the Bush legacy and salty since they got their butts whooped by Mr. Trump despite throwing their weight behind Jeb. It's childish to get mad because people don't want members of your family in the driver's seat running the country into the ground. Sad!

Why? They're throwing a tantrum because virtually no one cares for the Bush legacy and salty since they got their butts whooped by Mr. Trump despite throwing their weight behind Jeb. It's childish to get mad because people don't want members of your family in the driver's seat running the country into the ground. Sad!

Still kind of sad that Trump doesn't have any former presidents or the most recent previous presidential nominee backing him. HW is still seen as something of an elder statesman in the party. Plus, he was Reagan's VP, after all.

Reagan....

Still kind of sad that Trump doesn't have any former presidents or the most recent previous presidential nominee backing him. HW is still seen as something of an elder statesman in the party. Plus, he was Reagan's VP, after all.

Reagan....
I believe the only living former GOP candidate at the convention is Bob Dole.

Apathy

I just saw some interview newt did with CNN calling out kasich as a sore loser for not showing up to the convention and sucking trumps dick after the shit that happen.

They also said that the trump campaign got to read Cruz's speech and were happy with it

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I will be surprised if Cruz talks about Trump.

He's gonna bash Hillary and talk about real conservatives and about the need for the party to turn back towards Reagan and some shit like that.

He *might* say Trump by name 2-3 times like Ryan. This is a 2020 speech.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I just saw some interview newt did with CNN calling out kasich as a sore loser for not showing up to the convention and sucking trumps dick after the shit that happen.

They also said that the trump campaign got to read Cruz's speech and were happy with it

I'm surprised Trump's campaign had the foresight to read Cruz's speech before he gave it.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
I will be surprised if Cruz talks about Trump.

He's gonna bash Hillary and talk about real conservatives and about the need for the party to turn back towards Reagan and some shit like that.

He *might* say Trump by name 2-3 times like Ryan. This is a 2020 speech.

This is how most of the speeches seem to be this year. Just getting ready for 2020. Wonder if they will still be talking about Benghazi at that time.

I'm surprised Trump's campaign had the foresight to read Cruz's speech before he gave it.

Did they really?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom