• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the explanations, I figured it was something along those lines.

The Dems know how to raise a shitload of money every 4 years, why can't they do that and get the vote out for midterms?

Because dems are horrible at energizing their base. Before the 2010 elections, a lot of shitty Democrats turned on Obama because it was the popular thing to do and a lot of GOP shits were getting bonus points for hating on the president. Once a portion of the dem party started doing that it disillusioned the base. I know this all too well, I was graduating from college at the time and saw far too many young people just not giving a shit about going out and voting. They were either dumb or lazy and thought that there were enough people going out to vote and they didn't have to.

Xe4

Banned
There's no need for humans to be in space (e.g. going to other planets), it's expensive and dangerous. Most people in her field disagree with her.

I agree with her, as so do most scientists. Humans need to go to other planets if we are to survive as a species. Robots do good work, and have their place, but so do humans. We are pioneers as a species, and the only way we will advance is if we continue to be pioneers.

Human spaceflight has payed for itself seven times over by the technological spin offs that occur, and we need to fund spaceflight more, not less.

pwKH2ak.gif

Arkeband

Banned
I agree with her, as so do most scientists. Humans need to go to other planets if we are to survive as a species. Robots do good work, and have their place, but so do humans. We are pioneers as a species, and the only way we will advance is if we continue to be pioneers.

We're making progress on other planets, it's just an enormous waste of resources to fart around on the Moon and we're doing good work with machines on Mars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom