• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.
Qsfcryz.gif

"Proud of you honey for shedding the baby weight off so fast"

rjinaz

Oh you mean it isn't literally 39 people oh my gosh i can't even believe it

naturally, it's not 39 - it's just a comically small and irrelevant band of nutjobs who will have zero impact on the election except to be counted as traitors.

Like Bernie said, his true supporters won't vote Trump. The people that voted for him and now voting for Trump were only about anti-establishment or burn it all down mentality. They don't give a shit about politics and if it was any other year with no Trump or Sanders they would have sat their asses at home anyway.

Supast4r

Don't worry, it's not convincing.

It's the least convincing speech by a nominee in a generation. Ivanka's speech was seriously excellent from a political perspective, but his speech is pretty weak.
Ivanka had a good speech but the issue is that a lot of her rhetoric is democratic

TheFatOne

Yep, spot on.

What's staggering is that after 2012, a group of GOP strategist sought how to make themselves politically viable at a national level, and the main point was that the GOP had to appeal to hispanic voters in particular. There are tremendous opportunities for Republicans with the hispanic vote, who tend to be more socially conservative at home, and yet, the nominee is a bigot racist who promotes policy that actively disenfranchises Latino Americans.

It's crazy just how incredibly moronic these people are. All they had to do was sacrifice the ire of their voting base in the short term. Change the platform and rhetoric to be more inclusive to hispanics since they would be the easiest to court given their views lineup with the GOP. Instead they let the crazy part of their base take over, and are about to pay an enormous price for it. They saw the short term gains in the house and senate with the tea party, and made what might be the most catastrophic mistake they could make in that situation. They allowed the tea party to take over. Just mind boggling how stupid that was. The GOP sees it though. They said as much in the post mortem after 2012, and yet here we are. They think that they can just wiat it out after a couple of cycles and it will be business as usual. Unfortunately for them they are about to get a cold hard dose of reality.

"I alone can fix it."

If that isn't open authoritarianism, I don't know what is.

And lol with him trying to get Sanders voters to vote for him.

effzee

I love how to Republicans any journalist, media outlet, and now even FBI director are all in on it because they disagree or call out his lies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom