• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Republican National Convention OT |2016|: Behold a Pale Horse With No Name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohwiseone

C-SPAN says we're going to have some quality Benghazi time tonight.

Thank God that we can finally broach the topic.

Hell, Someone is going to get up there and just say "BENGHAZI" over and over. Then a giant Hillary head will pop up from behind the person doing the speech, with flames and devil horns.

I believe it's something that original sin means humans must suffer and trying to help is going against the will of god or at least that what my crazy neighbor says.

Even crazy Southern Baptists believe that charity is one of the pillars of faith (albeit the worst ones tend to have a very self-serving definition of "charity"). Any time a self-professed Christian claims to be anti-charity they should be called out for it, as Jesus was not especially vague about his feelings on the subject.

I mean, I'm personally an atheist, but that is just a gross misrepresentation of Christian ideals. That's like a supposed Christian telling you they think Christ was an asshole and nothing he did or said is worth getting excited about.

the human race in a nutshell.
but at least i don't claim otherwise
Kappa.png

Jeels

Hell, Someone is going to get up there and just say "BENGHAZI" over and over. Then a giant Hillary head will pop up from behind the person doing the speech, with flames and devil horns.

Honestly, I don't understand the obsession with Benghazi. It doesn't even make sense to try to pin this on anyone (and I acknowledge lives were lost, but compared to a lot of issues this country has its marginally small, if even an issue instead of just an unfortunate incident).

Let's say there are people in the government at fault. So what needs to be done?

IMO some options:
-More funding and secretary at all embassies, especially those classified as potentially dangerous
-US distributes anti terror/pro international (or pro western) media/information in countries where violent protests can lead to anti US attacks (?)
-Some sort of emergency response committee that can respond quickly to these types of attacks
-Some sort of funding/initiative for better intelligence
-Alternative: pull out of countries in general/non interventionist approach

But republicans aren't talking about any of that...? What do they want done? Why aren't we talking about policy? And how do any of those solutions have anything to do with necessitating the removal of Hillary? If anything, if she were still SoS, these are initiatives they should be asking her to implement...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom