• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The "Rewind" feature in PS Classics and Forza Help Save A LOT of Time

Fahdis

As a completionist, honestly, this thing needs to become an industry standard as an option. I get where in some games there needs to be death like Souls. Or those that are predicated on doing things as a challenge like Super Meat Boy. But I have finished more games this way due to just correcting the mistake and going forward. I absolutely love it.

Things like difficulty settings on Easy or Story Mode also help.

I mean playing Astrobot as an example, the checkpoints should be auto save states as well. Otherwise you just have to start the level over again if you close the game. I have no idea how Quick Resume works on Xbox but these QOL things really do help. Same thing with Rest mode.

I've finished more older games this year than new ones.

Dazraell

I also love you can save anywhere in majority of these recent Premium Classics re-releases instead of having to rely on checkpoints placed in-between levels. Helped me a lot as my time for gaming is limited these days and restarting levels and catching up to lost progress can be annoying at times

Im getting older 35+ and I still play games at their hardest. I was forced to use the rewind in Forza Horizon 5 because a lot of times in the offroad races the car wheels would just get stuck in the ground so yeah its a cool feature.

Fahdis

I also love you can save anywhere in majority of these recent Premium Classics re-releases instead of having to rely on checkpoints placed in-between levels. Helped me a lot as my time for gaming is limited these days and restarting levels and catching up to lost progress can be annoying at times

Indeed, this is even better than checkpoints.

Im getting older 35+ and I still play games at their hardest. I was forced to use the rewind in Forza Horizon 5 because a lot of times in the offroad races the car wheels would just get stuck in the ground so yeah its a cool feature.
Suspicious Will Ferrell GIF

I have never even had it happen in the open world. Where would they even get stuck on a smooth dirt road? Were you perhaps playing some user made Eventlab content?

P.S. I do love the rewind feature. The Capcom arcade collections, Sega Genesis Collection, Duke Nukem 3D: World Tour, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time, and recent Castlevania Dominus Collection are made so much more entertaining with this feature. It has also never screwed me over like save state feature.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Yes, and I'm glad more racing games are incorporating Rewind-like features (Grid etc).

It's a massive life and timesaver.

Senua

Gold Member
I think rewind has a place in arcade racers but it was always a strange addition in a game claiming to be a simulator. It's optional but It goes against the whole idea

Top Bottom