• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Shadowrun Thread: Let's Kill Us Some Elves, Brethren

ATF487

Solideliquid said:
Do many people still play this? I've reinstalled Vista and considering wasting some Xboxers.

I can always get into a game. It's not hugely populated but there is a solid community

MMaRsu

Hey do you guys still play this? Man I'd love to play this again..I need to RROD my 360...

( which I'll do tomorrow ). When I get it back, I'll buy Shadowrun back and we shall play Shadowrun again ( at least I will :p )

besada

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Hey do you guys still play this? Man I'd love to play this again..I need to RROD my 360...

( which I'll do tomorrow ). When I get it back, I'll buy Shadowrun back and we shall play Shadowrun again ( at least I will :p )

Fuck yeah. Anytime you see me on, feel free to invite me to a game of SR. Whatever I'm playing probably isn't as much fun.

besada

Banned
On the heels of the woefully underappreciated thread, let's get back and play some quality Shadowrun this week or weekend.

My promise to you. I will place SR in my 360 and play no other game. Get on, hit me up, and we'll go to town.

It would be great if we could get a five or six person group playing sometime this week or weekend.

If I'm not on your FR, send me a request and I'll bump a non-SR player.

I have to re-buy Shadowrun. Anyone know any good deals on the 360 version? I miss it so much. One of the most under-appreciated games this generation.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
ToyMachine228 said:
I have to re-buy Shadowrun. Anyone know any good deals on the 360 version? I miss it so much. One of the most under-appreciated games this generation.
I re-bought it like 2 months ago new for 29.99 CAD at Best Buy. Am I crazy though or haven't there been ads for it being 19.99 scattered around xbox live marketplace/blades?

Nozdeuce said:
I re-bought it like 2 months ago new for 29.99 CAD at Best Buy. Am I crazy though or haven't there been ads for it being 19.99 scattered around xbox live marketplace/blades?

Not that I've seen. That would be the best advertising Microsoft ever did for Shadowrun:lol

besada

Banned
So, Saturday afternoon (Central Time/-6 GMT) around 1-2, I'll be on with SR. Hopefully there will be others on. I've got people coming to play Rock Band later that night, but I'll probably be playing for hours. Try and drop by.

Just re-bought Shadowrun at GameStop for $14.99. They had like 5 used copies. Pretty psyched. Going to be online sometime soon today. GAF Shadowrun clan unite!

I've still got the PC version and if I can get the headset to work I'd be down for some games. My gamertag is oddworld18, go ahead and send me friend requests (attach a note to it saying "GAF" or something so I don't get confused, I sometimes get random requests from irritating Halo kiddies...)

Forgot how much I love Shadowrun:D Making different set ups with different races, weapons and abilities...If it launched at a different price I really think it would have taken off. What a shame. Anyway, get out there and buy it! $14.99 used at GameStop! And well worth it. Going to go play some more.

Nester

My 360 just died this week but luckily I own the Vista version! I'll be playing that a bit more now that other 360 games won't be occupying my time for the next month or however long it takes to go back and forth between Microsoft and my system.

I'll be hooking my laptop up to my TV and using a wired 360 controller to play so it'll be like I'm not even missing the 360 at all. :)

I got a couple messages asking how many people were online. I played for probably 2-3 hours today, and at one point during Matchmaking it found 27 games (During the afternoon too, while kids were in school) so no, there isn't a problem finding games. Still seems to be quite a decent community playing it.

$14.99 used at GameStop! You can't go wrong!

Also, reading up on Smith & Tinker, the new company that former FASA members founded. Makes me happy. They have the license to Shadowrun, Crimson Skies and MechWarrior. Really hoping they do something with Shadowrun. Even if it just starts with bringing the old school Shadowrun's to XBLA. Shadowrun 4 Life!

I'll be on several times during the day. My GamerTag is RyoGCH for those of you who don't know. Feel free to send me an invite. Can't get enough, glad to be back. I got my Zombie Scores yesterday too:lol

Also wanted to add that the connection issues that plagued the game early on have been taken care of. Loving getting back to Shadowrun. Still pretty damn good:D Can't wait to get my Troll achievement so I can go back to my preferred setup and dominate even more.

Thanks for playing with my Speed Razors you got me my BFF achievement:lol Anyway, seriously it's so sad that Microsoft didn't put more into this game. It's amazingly well balanced, and so easy to keep playing more and more and more just by changing your set up and combination of race, weapons, magic, tech, etc. And to think, Fasa had more maps basically finished...If Microsoft had put some effort into this, they could have had some in-depth stat tracking, and some other cool features, and at a $39.99 price point, Shadowrun could have been a lock in the Top 10 Live games, and could have a HUGE hardcore community. Now it's just a hardcore community:D Ah well, let's play GAFFERS!

Nester

Aww. Shadowrun crashed so I'm going to head out for a little bit. Will look for you a little later on here though.

Hey Mmarsu, I saw you online today but I was heading out to eat dinner when I saw you got on. I'll be on later tonight, and tomorrow as well. See you guys online! Hoping I'm close to my Troll Player achievement...Want to get back to my preferable set up! If I don't want to get Dwarf player that is...

Had a good start to my Memorial Day Shadowrun weekend. Even got some kills with the Rocket Launcher and Summon which are my two weaknesses:lol

besada

Banned
I'll be on later today, and some more tomorrow.

I had a blast running the flag. The guys playing didn't know what hit them. I turned Maelstrom into my own personal running field. Woot!

JdFoX187

Banned
Indeed. Took me a while to get used to the controls again. Sorry I had to bail on you guys, but I'll be back tonight and all day tomorrow.

MMaRsu

besada said:
MMarsu, MasterFox, Homez and I are all on playing. Right now!!!!

Hell yeah those were a couple of great games, lots of fun :)

We should try playing this on a steady basis :)

Dammit, as someone who's playing a Troll as of late I really have to say that I hate the Katana:lol Don't think Shadowrun would be the same without it though. Had some good games this weekend. HAVE to be getting close to my Troll Player, so I can move on...Hopefully we'll all get to play together this week.

JdFoX187

Banned
I still haven't got my Elf player achievement and I've been playing as him constantly ever since I bought the game. Hate those damn dwarves though. Think it was Mmarsu and I ran into an entire team of them the other day. Had three of those little shits shooting me at once one time when I was running around a tree of life.

I'll be on tonight, but I'm working until 8 p.m. the rest of the week, so I won't be on until later. We need to get Homez back in just so I can laugh at him saying "Someone put their life into me!"

Sorry I only got to play 2 games with you Speed, I was really tired. Too much going on this week. I'll be on more today and tonight though.

Hey guys, it was good playing with you earlier, definitely hoping to get more in this weekend. Just found out that MLG is holding an online Shadowrun ladder tournament June 1st through 30th. Wish I had found out sooner, we could create a team. It costs money to enter though. It'd be sweet to have an official GAF Shadowrun team competing. Top team gets $1,000.

ToyMachine228 said:
Hey guys, it was good playing with you earlier, definitely hoping to get more in this weekend. Just found out that MLG is holding an online Shadowrun ladder tournament June 1st through 30th. Wish I had found out sooner, we could create a team. It costs money to enter though. It'd be sweet to have an official GAF Shadowrun team competing. Top team gets $1,000.

Nice, I would have been down for that.

JdFoX187

Banned
I'm rusty as holy hell, but depending on how much it'd cost to join the tournament, I'm willing to join with a GAF squad.

MMaRsu

ToyMachine228 said:
It boils down to $19.99 per team I believe. Here's the link to the Tournament news piece. Tournament starts tomorrow! Anyone else REALLY interested?

http://www.mlgpro.com/?q=node/214492

Shit man I would have been totally down for that, too bad it's impossible to keep a steady team due to different timezones and crap.

:(

But it's okay. Anybody down to play tonight?

JdFoX187

Banned
Damn, if I had more advance notice, I would jump on it. Sorry man. Yeah, Mmasu, I'll be on tonight. I have to go check on my dad at the hospital, but I'll probably be on in about three hours.

homez99

Next official GAF game is tomorrow night 10PM GMT, please work that out in your own timezones fellow squires, it will be a well righteous time, maybe spend an hour or two before the official kickoff to get the blood pumping and the life inside of everyone. Mmarsu is hosting it as my connection is not very astute for this sort of thing. Hope to see you all there, one love mah bredas an ting, seen?

Nester

Figured out my problem with showing up offline, I had to go into my account settings through the website and I was set to "blocked" for some reason. Should show up fine now. Played for about 5 hours tonight, good times.

JdFoX187

Banned
homez99 said:
Next official GAF game is tomorrow night 10PM GMT, please work that out in your own timezones fellow squires, it will be a well righteous time, maybe spend an hour or two before the official kickoff to get the blood pumping and the life inside of everyone. Mmarsu is hosting it as my connection is not very astute for this sort of thing. Hope to see you all there, one love mah bredas an ting, seen?
What is 10 p.m. GMT in EST?

JdFoX187

Banned
I'll be on a little later. My 360 is on, so someone send me an invite. I'll hear if it I'm in another room of the house.

Top Bottom