• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Shadowrun Thread: Let's Kill Us Some Elves, Brethren

I'll probably be on a little later. Might have to play Halo 3 with some other people, but we'll see. I'll message you all when I get on.

JdFoX187

Banned
Sorry for bailing on you guys. Buddy wanted to play some Halo 3 and I had to get back up to the hospital soon after. Hopefully, we can get some games this week where we're on the same team.

JdFoX187

Banned
ToyMachine228 said:
Yeah same, I don't want to play against Mmarsu and his pussy Katana shit anymore:lol Rather have that on my own team.
Haha...today it was his pussy shotgun shit. :lol

MMaRsu

:lol

I was on fire tonight until you guys left, me beseda homez and Deckers got our asses RAPED by this other team :\

But yeah I got my shotty achievement that was awesome, and I got some awesome kills ;)

MMaRsu

JdFoX187 said:
Games tonight? I can play for an hour or so before hopping on H3 for some RBTB.

Just got home if anybody wants to play i'm down, gotta finish my food first though

gregor7777 said:
Are games still plentiful? I haven't played in a few months but I was always able to find a game.

Yeap still quite a few. Usually in the 20's regardless of the time of day and where you live. I played for like four solid hours tonight with a friend who just got the game and had a lot of fun. Stayed in the same room the whole time.

I'll definitely be on quite a bit this weekend. Finally got my Troll Player achievement! Now to work on Dwarf Player...But I hate playing Dwarves. Elves can use hit and run, Trolls can run through everything and act as a bullet spewing tank, Humans are fairly balanced but Dwarves? Umm...Not really sure. Also working toward my Master Blaster and Summoner achievements. Two of my biggest weaknesses. Still loving Shadowrun so much. So so much.

Just wanted to pop in and say that I think this game is severely ignored and underrated. Mind you, I've only played the XBL demo, but I could tell that there was an amazing amount of strategy in the game.

It's too bad 1UP Yours hated on it a long time ago; I'm sure they turned a lot of people off the game. But I guess there's still a rabid community following? If so, then I guess not all is lost.

So yeah, I will now return from whence I came. Just wanted to add to the discussion. :D

ToyMachine228 said:
Yeap still quite a few. Usually in the 20's regardless of the time of day and where you live. I played for like four solid hours tonight with a friend who just got the game and had a lot of fun. Stayed in the same room the whole time.

Nice, I'll be playing a lot when I get home from vaca next weekend then. Been itching for some Shadowrun.

ToyMachine228 said:
I'll definitely be on quite a bit this weekend. Finally got my Troll Player achievement! Now to work on Dwarf Player...But I hate playing Dwarves. Elves can use hit and run, Trolls can run through everything and act as a bullet spewing tank, Humans are fairly balanced but Dwarves? Umm...Not really sure. Also working toward my Master Blaster and Summoner achievements. Two of my biggest weaknesses. Still loving Shadowrun so much. So so much.
Dwarves are mostly support characters, especially when reviving your team mates. They can be a great help for removing magic obstacles like the ground crystals or to help take down a troll, but you naturally can't be too offensive with them. They can be dangerous though if you know how to catch the enemy off guard, because if you get close to someone for a short while, then the enemy can't teleport away from you or flee while using Smoke because you've 'stolen' most of his essence.

Dwarves can't bleed out either when hit by a katana and are immune to headshots, so they have a fair share of advantages.

MicVlaD said:
Dwarves can't bleed out either when hit by a katana and are immune to headshots, so they have a fair share of advantages.

Two of the key reasons the play Dwarf right there, as far as I'm concerned.

dork

Banned
oh my god people are still playing?

I kept my copy because i loved the game so much, but i feared that people got ride of it

ima jump on this sometime soon

Been getting into Shadowrun again this week and I caused/witnessed one of the funniest things I've ever seen in Shadowrun...

I was playing a game on Temple, I was Lineage, and I made my way around the back and up toward the top of the Temple area above the flag where RNA spawns. I got into a fire fight running a circle around one of those chunks of wall with this guy, and he summons a Minion on one side to cut me off from continuing to circle around any longer. JUST as a I turn the corner I see the Minion right in front of my face, I instantly Smoke right as the Minion swings and the guy turns the corner right behind me...His Minion nailed him and killed him, and in doing so also killed himself.:lol Was hilarious, I'm so glad that when you Smoke you go into 3rd-person so I was able to witness the hilarity of it:lol

Been playing a ton of Shadowrun the last three days or so and god damn I really don't know if I'll ever get Master Blaster:lol I can't control the Rocket Launcher whatsoever. End up killing myself with it, 50% of the time.

Hunter D

ToyMachine228 said:
Been playing a ton of Shadowrun the last three days or so and god damn I really don't know if I'll ever get Master Blaster:lol I can't control the Rocket Launcher whatsoever. End up killing myself with it, 50% of the time.
I would help you out if my xbox wasn't broken. I got the achievement in the first month of release.

Hunter D said:
I would help you out if my xbox wasn't broken. I got the achievement in the first month of release.

I never ever bought the thing until I decided to go after the achievement. I usually stick to the SMG and Shotgun since I'm pretty handy with them. But once I started playing the game again I decided to give some of my remaining achievements a shot. I've now learned to Smoke immediately after I launch a Rocket so I don't kill myself:lol

Still trying to get Master Blaster and Dwarf Player...Never going to happen apparently:lol I seriously kill myself with the Rocket Launcher 2 times for every kill I get with it.

Schnicktick said:
Are the PC servers still running? Just got a group of Germans together to play.

Far as I know. You know what's funny though? In all my time playing Shadowrun (Probably more than anyone on this board), I never got the My Platform Is Superior achievement.:lol Sad.

Nester

I went to half price books last night and they had four copies of Shadowrun for the PC for $3 a piece. Picked them all up, one to replace the copy my ex girlfriend stole for herself after we broke up and then the other 3 I'll probably give away to friends.

One of my friends owns a copy of Vista but refuses to install it and is sticking with XP. There's no way possible to get a legit copy of Shadowrun to play on XP while still being able to play online, right?

Just got my 100 wins achievement last night and then the game after that I had at least 7 bleed out cuts with the katana and the game locked up on my 360 on the last round. So ticked off those won't count now. :(

SpeedRazor said:
I went to half price books last night and they had four copies of Shadowrun for the PC for $3 a piece.

Distribute those right quick, and let's play! Invite me to a party with you and your PC friends, and all of you PC people have to be on the other team. I still need the "Mine is the Superior Platform" achievement.

JdFoX187

Banned
Hunter D said:
I still play. My GT is Charsace. Send me a fr if you want to play.
I'm already on your friends list :| We should get a game going though. Last time I got on, there were idiots on the team who didn't know what they were doing. I almost lost hope of anyone still playing.

I bought this way back at launch, but games in Australia are so hard to find now. Any Australian gaf shadowrun players (now thats a niche) around?

If you want to add me my gamertag is chikinramen. Please mention its about shadowrun so I know what's going on.

blahness

I play almost every day so if any one wants to send me a friends request just let me know where you are from so i dont decline you

Started playing Shadowrun daily once again. Getting my game back. Played two games just a bit ago. First I had 7 kills, 7 resurrects and 0 deaths. Second I had 22 kills, and 9 resurrects, but with some deaths. God I love Shadowrun. We should get some GAF games going. Get the old crew back together one more time.

Top Bottom