• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sims 4 |OT| Behold its true form and despair!

you don't have to make a new account. I think you just turn off the vpn on the last step of the check out.

The way it works (I think) is that it's the same store worldwide but it offers regional pricing. You then add the product (same product as everybody) but with a different price. The game is now in your list of games.

The way Origin works out if you are downloading the english or spanish client is because of your settings and not your region, if that weren't the case then I would have downloaded the spanish version of sims and battlefield and everything else.

This is just guessing though, based on my (limited) experience with this.

Ok. So I'll attempt this checking out and find out what happens. Thanks for clearing that up

Messi

LIRIK

2768.OldSnakeSalute.jpg_2D00_610x0.jpg

:(

Messi

Mexican internet wont work for me. oh well :(

Edit: Got it working, sweet. Now its just letting me preload. hmmm. Ill take it after getting the game for 28 euro.

JoeBoy101

So, my one sim got up from the table and walked over to his wife and started eating pancakes while talking to her... as she's on the treadmill.

Cold-blooded.

Messi said:

Edit: Got it working, sweet. Now its just letting me preload. hmmm. Ill take it after getting the game for 28 euro.

EstoyUsandoElInternet.jpg

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

You have to use Korean Internet for playing the game early ;)

Spl1nter

The Sims 4 can run on almost anything. If the game doesnt run and you purchase through Origin than you can get a refund within 24 hours. I would venture to say if your girlfriend can play sims 3 she can play sims 4 and it will be a much smoother experience. The game has a laptop mode that I think lets potatoes run it.

Man being able to directly choose your townie population is very nice alongside the more lively community lots.

DarkFlow

Banned
So my Gf loves the Sims 3, she has almost every pack they sell. She mainly plays with designing things and less with the jobs stuff. She read the missing list on here and was a little turned off by it. Now that you guys have played it, do you think she'll enjoy it?

So my Gf loves the Sims 3, she has almost every pack they sell. She mainly plays with designing things and less with the jobs stuff. She read the missing list on here and was a little turned off by it. Now that you guys have played it, do you think she'll enjoy it?

After browsing a couple of forums, fans of Sims 3 really hate this game. Even without playing it, they have this zeal or bias or something about everything this game represents.

best you can do is get it since you get a refund in 24 hours if she doesn't like it, return it. Win win?

U2NUMB

Would have bet any amount of money this last weekend that I would not own the game.. but after this thread and some streamers last night.. I own it. Helped to be gamers unlocked at BB to lower the price but diving into my first Sims ever.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
User Actions
Following

James Willems
‏@JustRiggz
Good news! Sims 3 is no longer the WORST Sims game.

Camp Lo

Banned

I fucking hate it. I have a ton of Sims 3 things and I was basically hoping for a optimized and graphically upgraded Sims 3. This shit feels like Sims Mobile, it's barebones. Building a house fucking sucks but I've only spent 30 mins so I'll give it another shot I guess.

Nibiru

Banned
After browsing a couple of forums, fans of Sims 3 really hate this game. Even without playing it, they have this zeal or bias or something about everything this game represents.

That's not fair at all. It is VERY different game that Sims 3 and if you do have EVERY expansion to Sims 3 then there is no way Sims 4 will measure up.

I don't know about the zeal or bias of those that love Sims 3 but I do know that the honeymoon period of a game is very real and those that have had fun for 10 or so hours are saying it's the best thing ever. I think it is fair to be cautious when EA is concerned and wait a bit for this honeymoon period to end.

That said if his wife loves Sims and buys everything Sims then she probably will have fun with a new one.

That's not fair at all. It is VERY different game that Sims 3 and if you do have EVERY expansion to Sims 3 then there is no way Sims 4 will measure up.

I fucking hate it. I have a ton of Sims 3 things and I was basically hoping for a optimized and graphically upgraded Sims 3. This shit feels like Sims Mobile, it's barebones. Building a house fucking sucks but I've only spent 30 mins so I'll give it another shot I guess.

I guess they don't see it that way. Game with every expansion vs just game is the comparison I see everywhere. Since there are no "reviews" yet I went ahead and browsed reddit and a couple of forums and the hatred this game gets from Sims 3 fans is not something I conjured.

CzarTim

best you can do is get it since you get a refund in 24 hours if she doesn't like it, return it. Win win?

I don't know about the zeal or bias of those that love Sims 3 but I do know that the honeymoon period of a game is very real and those that have had fun for 10 or so hours are saying it's the best thing ever. I think it is fair to be cautious when EA is concerned and wait a bit for this honeymoon period to end.

That said if his wife loves Sims and buys everything Sims then she probably will have fun with a new one.

eh, I feel like what he said is dead on. Sims 3 fans are really down on it. If his gf mostly likes the design aspect, this game will be a step back big time.

Sims 2 fans (like myself) seem to think this game is good but not great. I've been pretty addicted to it, but nothing has wowed me. And I'd feel weird to recommend it outright. At the same time, I can't stop playing. So, I don't know. It's really conflicting to me.

JoeBoy101

As said, there is the 24 hour refund available through Origin. The good designing points in Sims 4 are designing sims in CAS which is way better than 3, and build mode is much better. That said, furnishing a house is not as elaborate as Sims 3 (more like Sims 2) and Create a Style is gone.

Camp Lo

Banned
I guess they don't see it that way. Game with every expansion vs just game is the comparison I see everywhere. Since there are no "reviews" yet I went ahead and browsed reddit and a couple of forums and the hatred this game gets from Sims 3 fans is not something I conjured.

Yeah, I'm certainly not basing it off all the expansions, I'm talking Sims 3 base vs Sims 4 base. Creating the Sim and just the speed of things is super quick and awesome. My PC is pretty good, GTX680/16GB RAM, and I got a ton of load times and unnecessary lag on the base, add expansions and it's way worse. All that's gone with Sims 4.

Making a house, or trying to, was all I did before going to work and I hated it thoroughly. I'm playing with mouse and keyboard but the game feels like it was meant for a iPad.

Zareka

no guys stop being happy at this game i wasn't supposed to want it

THIS WAS MEANT TO BE THE END OF MY SIMS ADDICTION

DarkFlow

Banned
As said, there is the 24 hour refund available through Origin. The good designing points in Sims 4 are designing sims in CAS which is way better than 3, and build mode is much better. That said, furnishing a house is not as elaborate as Sims 3 (more like Sims 2) and Create a Style is gone.

Yeah the last two things " furnishing a house and Create a Style" are her two favorite things to do. She'll likely wait it out and see what they add later down the road, she's still perfectly happy with 3.

RP912

Banned
Every sims game I tend to suck at making houses. I want to make a two story house for a potential baby and I have yet to understand how to make that work. I'll just save up and buy a two bedroom house.

Spl1nter

Every sims game I tend to suck at making houses. I want to make a two story house for a potential baby and I have yet to understand how to make that work. I'll just save up and buy a two bedroom house.

The gallery already has a lot of options and you can select price range, its pretty nice being able to download directly in game.

So for the mexican deal, I just hola, add to cart, then switch back to US after that right?

Yep, turn off Hola right before you transmit your login credentials. The game will be in your cart at the Mexican price and you can continue to check out normally. This trick works for every EA game btw, in case anyone was looking to get or pre-order something else from their portfolio.

I have a question for the folks who are enjoying it now. Do you reckon it has lasting power and is something you'll play for a while?

my 2 sims died of old age. made another sim, but i already feel bored..

the fun part is the new create-a-sim (amazing) and new build tools.

i'm dissappointed really.. sims 3 was a major step in the right direction for a life simulation imo, this is going backwards in gameplay, but forwards in terms of creating sims and houses.

Mistah

Bought the game also even installed windows on my mac again... ffs whats wrong with me :/

also bought it for 30 euro for the limited edition feels good :3

Necrovex

Damn it Delio. I hate you. I broke down and bought the game. You Sims 4 Gaffers are to blame too! I couldn't pass the $35 deal.

DarkFlow

Banned
Yep, turn off Hola right before you transmit your login credentials. The game will be in your cart at the Mexican price and you can continue to check out normally. This trick works for every EA game btw, in case anyone was looking to get or pre-order something else from their portfolio.

I have a question for the folks who are enjoying it now. Do you reckon it has lasting power and is something you'll play for a while?

Yeah that's not working for me, When it goes back to the US, there's nothing in the cart.

Necrovex

Worked like a charm. Thanks!

Aaron D.

Picked up the game tonight and put a couple hours in.

Dang, I can't get over how well this thing runs. I mean, I get that the games get bogged down when lots of DLC is added, but man, this game loads super-fast and runs smooth as butter in game. I've played 1 thru 3 and this is easily the most optimized I've ever seen the series.

Loving the streamlined menu too. The whole presentation is zippy and clean as heck. I've done a bit of poking around looking for some stuff here and there, but once you find what you're looking for, you realize how intelligently streamlined the UI is. Graphics and character animations look aces too. I'm digging the more cartoon look of the character models vs. Sims 3. With the exaggerated gestures natural to the series, the cartoonish characters feel like a better fit.

The goals & inspiration thought bubbles that pop up over your character portrait in the bottom-left of the screen give good feedback on what you could and should be doing with your Sim to keep them happy. It helps the game feel a bit more directed, a slight issue I've always had with the franchise.

I know the list of default omissions in Sims 4 has been of great concern to many, but man I'm having too much fun* to even notice at this point. For what's here, there seems to be a awesome amount of smart design decisions and polish on offer.

Thumbs up so far.

* Full disclosure, never cared about Create a Style design modes in these games.

jakomocha

I've always preferred the social element to anything else in The Sims franchise, and while I heard it's vastly improved in TS4 I still will not buy it simply because of all the things EA omitted. As I've stated before, I really wanted The Sims 4 to be a mix of the best of Sims 3 and the best of Sims 2 & more. Instead, it completely cuts out all of the major additions Sims 3 added to the franchise (seriously, no one asked for the open world to be removed) and includes LESS (not more) than the previous installments.

Mistah

so I got something weird going on with my sims 4 game. The menu is crisp clear but the graphics of the game are blurry as hell :/

Messi

So that create a sim mode is pretty cool. I accidentally made an awesome Olivia Wilde While dicking around.

I swear, gaming is the way to go to get money.

I make like 6k a day after maxing out gaming lol. And only took 1 hour to get there in a shack-like home.

I just spent 3 hours making my sim and putting up the walls to my house. I think I'm going to get my money's worth.
ZCJu9Jq.png

My bizarre floor plan. I was going to go with a plain old square house but decided to go a little nuts.

Messi

I just spent 3 hours making my sim and putting up the walls to my house. I think I'm going to get my money's worth.
ZCJu9Jq.png

My bizarre floor plan. I was going to go with a plain old square house but decided to go a little nuts.

Looks like a prison...

Top Bottom