• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sims 4 |OT| Behold its true form and despair!

1409702300-02-09-2014-19-57.png

anybody else got his screen like this ? :/

turn off post processing effect in settings, that should fix it.

Bittercup

Can you tell me what the party outfits are that are mentioned for the deluxe edition? Or make screenshots if it isn't too much trouble :)
I was hesitant which version I should get but since I couldn't find anything about the deluxe outfits I picked the normal edition. I don't care much about the other items but don't want to miss clothing if they look great.

Telecinision

Neo Member
I think $35 was the right price point to get this game, and I think if they launched it here at that price, or maybe $40, with a little bit of insight as to how they're going to release expansions, people outside of the core fanbase would be feeling a whole lot better about this release. I went in 100% ready to use the 24 hour refund policy, but changed my mind.

Really, the quick loads and far better optimization this time around make a huge difference. I was expecting significant load times traveling between lots, but was really surprised at how quick they were on a standard HDD.

I found the lack of certain NPCs to be really annoying. Having to pull a fire extinguisher from your sim's ass to first put yourself out and then the rest of the fire is awful. I know you can get a fire alarm / sprinkler system, but just seems like a crappy bandaid for the lack of firemen.

Once they have some bugs ironed out, this is going to be a very solid base game, which is a goddamn nice change of pace from EA. I think once the game is bundled with some expansions and goes on sale, its going to be a great buy.

Sorry about the stream of consciousness post, but I was up way too late playing. Why does playing The Sims always seem to speed up time in real life?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Can you tell me what the party outfits are that are mentioned for the deluxe edition? Or make screenshots if it isn't too much trouble :)
I was hesitant which version I should get but since I couldn't find anything about the deluxe outfits I picked the normal edition. I don't care much about the other items but don't want to miss clothing if they look great.

I'm guessing they're all the stuff with a star by it while creating a character, I'll take some screenshots.

Zareka

So, where is the cheapest Origin to buy this from? I keep asking this stuff when I don't have the money but I'd like to know for when I do. This will be my last "on the fence about buying" question, I swear!

Tabby

So, where is the cheapest Origin to buy this from? I keep asking this stuff when I don't have the money but I'd like to know for when I do. This will be my last "on the fence about buying" question, I swear!
Mexican Origin I think.
It's about 26£ for me.

Pilgrimzero

Is this a bug or I do something wrong:

Since I own Sims 2 and 3 I had a yellow and green plumbob lamp/thing I could buy. Well I cancelled the placement of the green one and now its vanished from my list of buyable things.

I bought and placed the yellow one and it's still there to buy more of.

JoeBoy101

Is this a bug or I do something wrong:

Since I own Sims 2 and 3 I had a yellow and green plumbob lamp/thing I could buy. Well I cancelled the placement of the green one and now its vanished from my list of buyable things.

I bought and placed the yellow one and it's still there to buy more of.

Couldn't tell ya. I saw how expensive they were and said F' that. Are you in family inventory maybe?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

I tried doing this but from going through last night I cleared most of the new item notifications by accident, but I think these are most of the ones. They're mostly jokes it looks like, with matching head pieces aside from the 2(?) formal ones. I think the blue dress is part of this by it being above the grim reaper suit but I might be wrong.

Tabby

Damn, that's about £20, which is half the price of the regular edition.

Is this regular or deluxe we're talking about?
£26 is about $44.

I think it's Deluxe but I can't be sure, you're better off just checking yourself.
It only takes 5 minutes, maybe not even.

Cragvis

is there any option to slow time down to near or equal real time 1:1?

I had a mod for sims 3 that did this, I think that would be the only thing Id love to have in the game if i was to get it

Bittercup

I tried doing this but from going through last night I cleared most of the new item notifications by accident, but I think these are most of the ones. They're mostly jokes it looks like, with matching head pieces aside from the 2(?) formal ones. I think the blue dress is part of this by it being above the grim reaper suit but I might be wrong.
You're awesome! Thank you so much :)
The formal ones are nice.

Saganator

So my guy died in a fire last night. Decided to cook something and it caught on fire. My fire alarm went off, but fire fighters never came. Wouldn't let me use my phone because my sim was busy trying to put himself out. Was kind of frustrating because he just stood in the fire while trying to put himself out.

I remember in the older Sim games, sims would usually freak out and run away, right? I remember sims with certain traits like Brave or something could attempt to put the fire out, while others just freaked. Eventually fire fighters came and put it out. Did they take all that out, or was my dude just unlucky?

JoeBoy101

So my guy died in a fire last night. Decided to cook something and it caught on fire. My fire alarm went off, but fire fighters never came. Wouldn't let me use my phone because my sim was busy trying to put himself out. Was kind of frustrating because he just stood in the fire while trying to put himself out.

I remember in the older Sim games, sims would usually freak out and run away, right? I remember sims with certain traits like Brave or something could attempt to put the fire out, while others just freaked. Eventually fire fighters came and put it out. Did they take all that out, or was my dude just unlucky?

Combination of them. First, no firefighters. You're on ya own. Second, you want to click on your Sim, as I was sitting there, watch my sim freak trying to figure out what to do when I saw that I clicked him and got the option 'Route to Safety'. That runs them outside. When I was outside, and realized that either I would let it burn out, and possibly my house, or have to fight it, I took a more measured clicking approach and found I could click on either the fire or object on fire and Use Extinguisher.

Necrovex

The Sims 4 is set in a post-apocalyptic world where all the firefighters were murdered by Ifrit.

McNum

Been looking for a way to switch between a 12-hour and a 24-hour clock, but I haven't been able to find anything like that. Have any of you seen anything?

r3n4ud

I had zero intentions of buying this game. But reading through the positive impressions, you guys are going to make me pick this up *shakes fist*!

Haven't played a Sims game since the first one, so I'm quite excited.

Deepo

I'd like to thank Sims-GAF for helping me score a Digital Deluxe edition of Dragon Age Inquisition for $44.99, compared to my countrys going rate of $95!

Necrovex

I'd like to thank Sims-GAF for helping me score a Digital Deluxe edition of Dragon Age Inquisition for $44.99, compared to my countrys going rate of $95!

I must now find out to see if I can preorder Dragon Age Inquisition for $35.

I mean when I get home. I'm trapped at work. :'-(

JoeBoy101

I had zero intentions of buying this game. But reading through the positive impressions, you guys are going to make me pick this up *shakes fist*!

Haven't played a Sims game since the first one, so I'm quite excited.

Shiiiiit, if Sims 1 was the last one you played, you'll love this one.

Deepo said:

Aaaand, I'd like to thank you for pointing this out as an option. Me and my wallet now have an appointment south of the border, digitally speaking.

PerfectConsumer

Neo Member
My favorite aspects - character creation and architectural design - are better than ever, which is nice, but I worry about the Gameplay. My wife is playing it right now, and from what I can tell, many of the furniture, clothing and other design choices seem rather limited, and considering there's no 'create a style' it may not be as good as previous games in the series. I never actually 'play' the Sims... I just like the creation tools lol.

Zareka

£26 is about $44.

I think it's Deluxe but I can't be sure, you're better off just checking yourself.
It only takes 5 minutes, maybe not even.

Cool, I'll go check right now!

Edit: Whoops, completely missed that you corrected my price. Thanks for letting me know, haha. :)

Mum just offered me £20 to set up her new iPhone, and since it involved switching accounts through multiple emails and having to go through Apple support, I'll take it without hesitation. Sims 4 here I come!

Edit: Arhgh, wait, if I buy this from the Mexican store, will I be able to play right away or do I have to wait for the UK release tomorrow?

is there any option to slow time down to near or equal real time 1:1?

I had a mod for sims 3 that did this, I think that would be the only thing Id love to have in the game if i was to get it

open the console with CTRL + SHIFT + C and input this:

clock._set_milliseconds_per_sim_second 1000

makes the clock same speed as RL

edit: I didn't find the default speed though.

Woot, thanks so much for the Mexican Origin store tip. Downloading now! I've loved all the other Sims games and I've been watching some of the streamers on Twitch playing this one. I couldn't justify $60 but under $40 is a great deal. :) I need to make Mulder and Scully sims now, like I always do!

Zareka

Well, I bought it, but I still need to wait till tomorrow to actually play it. :( Damn it, silly region restricted release dates!

JoeBoy101

Another quick tip in case people don't know it:

Much like when a sim goes to work, if you send a sim to another lot, leaving other household members behind, the travelling sim becomes active.

BUT, if you click on the portraits of the other sims not there, you can summon them to the lot your at, or have them do other tasks, like managing their needs, socialize with other specific sims, etc.

Pretty handy.

Debs

Download and install Hola Better Internet. After visiting origin.com press the icon of the plugin on the top right of your browser and switch to Mexico. Add the game to your cart and proceed to checkout. When it asks you to login with your Origin account, turn off the VPN, login and buy the game with the Mexican price

Be careful if you do this, I have heard that Origin have been blocking accounts from making future purchases because people have bought games from other regions using a VPN. Not sure if it's happened to everyone but just a warning. If you want the game cheap then CDKeys sell it for £26 ($42).

Delio

Wait so someone mentioned I can move people into my town without setting them to a house. How can I do that?

Top Bottom