• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sly Collection |OT| Fly Cooper: Band of Deeds

Masked Man

I said wow
My favorite Sly-related memory is from sophomore year of high school. I had recently picked up Sly 2 and thoroughly enjoyed it. One night, my dad called me:

"Hey, what game should I get your cousin (age 5-6?) for his birthday?"
"Hm... Maybe Sly Cooper: Band of Thieves? Pretty sure he has the first one, and I like this one a lot."
"Huh. Okay, thanks."

Unfortunately, things did not go quite as well as he had hoped: they did not stock the game, and the employee had never heard of it.
...Or so my dad thought. It turns out that he misheard me over the phone and ended up asking the employee about "Fly Cooper: Band of Deeds." The employee's response was something along the lines of: "Hm, are you sure? Wow... It's not even in our system. It must be really new!" :lol

Needless to say, many more fond memories of the games as well. Sly is an awesome series and, while I'm disappointed that we don't have any new games coming out, it is nonetheless pleasing to see the series get touched up and resold for (essentially) a new generation of gamers. <3

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Carl said:
Pretty much. Never played Sly games before, so i really want to, if SCEE pull their finger out

Yeah I've been trying to find any info on this, but I guess all we know is that it's confirmed for "pre-Christmas"

Hopefully they get this shit out soon so you guys can play it, I personally cannot wait to get my hands on this

still need a good title....hmm

question - is the banner in the OP visible to everyone? It's hosted on tinypic but if I rehost to Imgur the background turns white and ruins the pic.

Carl

Snuggler said:
Yeah I've been trying to find any info on this, but I guess all we know is that it's confirmed for "pre-Christmas"

Hopefully they get this shit out soon so you guys can play it, I personally cannot wait to get my hands on this

question - is the banner in the OP visible to everyone? It's hosted on tinypic but if I rehost to Imgur the background turns white and ruins the pic.

Might have to just import it. Slightly OT but does anyone know of a good site that ships to the UK?

OP banner is fine to me

graywolf323

Blu_LED said:
I bet they will sometime next year. I also bet they will be $20 a piece on PSN.

given the God of War games are $15 each (if you have PS+ otherwise it's $30 for the GoW Collection) it seems highly unlikely the Sly games would cost more :lol

graywolf323 said:
given the God of War games are $15 each (if you have PS+ otherwise it's $30 for the GoW Collection) it seems highly unlikely the Sly games would cost more :lol
Oh, I didn't even realize the God of War games were $15. I thought they were $20 each.

Then yes, when it does his PSN they will be $15 each. Still more then buying them on disc. That's the point I was trying to make.

Slaylock

Snuggler said:

How about Masked Man's father's Fly Cooper: Band of Deeds? :lol

Actually, I really like Speevy's Sly Cooper and the Awesomus Collectionus

graywolf323

Blu_LED said:
Oh, I didn't even realize the God of War games were $15. I thought they were $20 each.

Then yes, when it does his PSN they will be $15 each. Still more then buying them on disc. That's the point I was trying to make.

I could see them making them $10 each especially if the collection has price dropped down to $30 by then

you can't really compare it to God of War since those games are much more popular and there were only two of them in the collection compared to the three in Sly

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Slaylock said:
How about Masked Man's father's Fly Cooper: Band of Deeds? :lol

Actually, I really like Speevy's Sly Cooper and the Awesomus Collectionus

I'm fine with either of those, I like Speevy's but it's redundant with Sly's name being mentioned twice.

I guess it doesn't really matter at all. If any of the NeoGAF staff is reading this, please add one of these to the title

thanks

Also, I hate to be a pain in the ass but could someone with a photo program remove the white background from these images? I'm stuck at work right now.

FGMZR.jpg

D93sX.jpg

GhaleonQ

I'm not buying this, but you all should to get Sucker Punch to put Infamous in mothballs and get on Sly Cooper 4.

I only played Sly 2 I believe, but I loved it. Picking this up next week. Will be the first PS3 game I've bought since...Uncharted 2.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
That box art is horrid but I'm still looking forward to this. Never really liked the series but then I don't think I gave it a fair shot either.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
It's drowning in logos. I know they're trying to tout all of their fancy little devices but goddamn son, leave a little room for some pretty art. It's a total cluster of fuck, unworthy of the awesomeness contained inside the case.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Indeed said:
Except that Europe gets it like a month later, for probably 40€.
Importing that shit :S who cares about the boxart.

it'll be 30 euros

sorry I just add that's not confirmed, but it's what the internet told me

Indeed

Snuggler said:
it'll be 30 euros

Well alright then ;D, probably still importing it since I doubt Sony will be releasing DLC for the game. No reason to buy the European version.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Indeed said:
Well alright then ;D, probably still importing it since I doubt Sony will be releasing DLC for the game. No reason to buy the European version.

I don't know how trustworhy this Zavvi site is, but they have it listed at 29.99 with it discounted to 24.99

Zavvi Link

Oh. Clearly I'm ignorant about EU currency.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I'll wait a month or two until I get it. I've got GT5 ($60) and LBP2 ($80, DAMN YOU PLUSHIE!) in the pipe right now.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Those box arts are hideous! :lol

Sly deserves better treatment than that, fuckers!

I guess I'll have to make my own box art.

AAK

I really reallly REALLY hate with a passion how Sucker Punch kept changing Carmelita's voice for every game.

They really have something against continuity after the Infamous 2-Cole fiasco :lol

But other than that... I loved this series! Definitely among the PS2 elite. Too few games have the same solid humor they showed.

Loved
Bentley's plan to cheat against the Canadian Olympics thing
in Sly 3 :lol

Crap, out in 5 days... too many games to buy in a short amount of time.

AAK said:
I really reallly REALLY hate with a passion how Sucker Punch kept changing Carmelita for every game.

The first voice was perfect, the third voice wasn't that bad, but the voice for Sly Cooper 2.. ugh.. I remember hating "THE MURRAY"'s voice too, but he's not the one that won't shut up during the final boss fight.

Neyla wasn't too bad, and considering she functioned with Sly Cooper-like mechanics, I was sure they were going to do something more with her than a few chase missions gameplay-wise...
then she decides to fuse herself with a giant metal bird, because that made total sense.

Speaking of which...

Tick tock
Defeat
Clockeyla

Shouldn't that be
Clock-La
?

Masked Man

I said wow
Espada said:
That one was great, but it was topped by the
General Tsao
battle. Now THAT was awesome.

Yes! Such an exciting fight. :D

Also, I'll be sure to let my dad know that his infamous mistake might possibly be immortalized on GAF. :lol

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Masked Man said:
Yes! Such an exciting fight. :D

Also, I'll be sure to let my dad know that his infamous mistake might possibly be immortalized on GAF. :lol

; )

his words are now immortalized

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Will buy, but I still hate the semi-circle Move label clogging up my boxarts. The old one was better.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Havent looked at the trophies lists yet, do they require Move for any of them? And are they difficult?

It's been a while since I've played Sly so I wouldnt know how difficult the collectibles are, if there are any

Seda

Wario64 said:
Havent looked at the trophies lists yet, do they require Move for any of them? And are they difficult?

It's been a while since I've played Sly so I wouldnt know how difficult the collectibles are, if there are any

No they seem pretty easy.
The hardest ones look like buying all the upgrades and finding all the bottles.

Actually, IIRC the bottles can be missed if you go on to the next area.

None require Move

Toki767

Wario64 said:

I think the Move trophies are separate from the actual games. From the looks of the list of trophies though, they seem fairly simple. Boss fights are silver trophies I think and the rest are just kind of earn them as you go along type things with a few exceptions.

Top Bottom