• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Sly Collection |OT| Fly Cooper: Band of Deeds

Shurs

JohngPR said:
Amazon is showing that this ships on November 15th. :( WTF?

It also state that they are temporarily out or stock there too for some reason.

There's a Kinect-like buzz surrounding this title.

eznark

Banned
Excellent. Considering how shitty the holiday season is this year, this is my most anticipated post-Fallout game this year.

Gonna rush out tomorrow morning for it!

JohngPR said:
Amazon is showing that this ships on November 15th. :( WTF?

It also states that they are temporarily out or stock there too for some reason.
It says November 14th for me. *sigh* Was expecting to get the game at least late this week.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Goddamn. So I probably shouldn't even bother looking for this today, I guess Sony doesn't really give a shit about this. I wonder if anyone has been able to get it or if it's not coming out at all until the 14th or whenever

DireStr8s

my gamestop (cincinnati) said tomorrow or thursday. he also recommended preordering because they weren't bringing in many copies.
i'll probably do that later tonite considering amazon is "temporarily out of stock"

had my heart set on playing this today :/

AwRy108

Played parts of each of these on my PS2, looking forward to truly enjoying them in HD. Great games, especially for fans of 3D platformers; and there's a variety of gameplay types strewn throughout, which keep things from feeling stale, too.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
The nice lady at my Gamestop said they'll be getting them in tomorrow. I guess it could be worse, but I'm still bummed that I can't play this today. I'll just take a handful of sleeping pills and go into a mild coma for the next 20 or so hours.

So any luck finding this title in stores today? Or are we looking at the 15th still? I'm about to call the GS I have it reserved at and see if they got it in today. I'll post if I have any luck.

Bebpo

Banned
lastinline said:
It says November 14th for me. *sigh* Was expecting to get the game at least late this week.

Yeah, I got an e-mail from amazon that the game would arrive around November 17th :X

I got it for a good deal though so I'll just wait.

eznark

Banned
darkjedi187 said:
I had one of those and they extended it till the game came in. Talk to a manager.
I talked to the moron working there for 7 minutes and all he told me was "if it ain't in the flyer, it ain't on the shelves" and wouldn't get the manager .....*blowsbrainsout*

fuck it, just ordered it from amazon. I'll use the coupon on something else maybe...or not.

daoster

The way this game is being released is kinda weird....I just called my local Gamestop, and they haven't gotten it yet (might get it later in the day)...Frys Electronics says its sold out in all the locations around me...Target says its not out till NEXT Tuesday.

Anybody else besides r.gun gotten it yet ?

Hobbun

Yeah, I agree. I am hearing release/arrival dates all over the place, depending on the location.

My local GS told me they have a ship date of today and arrival tomorrow. But that was yesterday. I should call and see that if changed. A 11/11 arrival date is what they originally had for Rune Factory 3 and that came in yesterday.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
mwPp3.jpg

Great success!

I won't have time to play much until late tonight but I look forward to it. The gamestop slave had to go in the back to find a copy since they had just got them in but I'm glad I don't have to wait any longer.

yay

shwimpy

lastinline said:
Amazon better get this game in this week. Waiting till next week to get it would suck.

Might have to wait the extra week anyway because of Veteran's Day... assuming you didn't choose one day shipping.

shwimpy

Snuggler said:
Looks like there is a 450 gb install. I'll pop it in soon as I can to confirm/deny 60fps.

D= Might have to finally install a 500gb harddrive.

Gamestop has it in stock. Picking this up after work... so excited.

Hobbun

Actually, just got off with my local GS and now they say it’s in. Their dates lately for games are screwed up.

Will be picking this up after work.

called my local GS. They have it. Now do I want to get it today or wait. I definitely won't have time to play it.

My backlog is in trouble after my wife and I just had out second child.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
60fps confirmed. It's smooth as buttah.

The menu where you select the games is really slick. Sucks I don't have much time to try it out but it definitely looks and runs great so far.

I've already earned a few trophies without even doing anything. This is THE game for trophy whores, $40 for 3 sets of trophies, damn son.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
in case anyone else was wondering, the game can be played in Spanish (both voice and text) if you set it in the XMB.

I can also confirm that Bently is still a pain in the ass

My GS has it in stock, for sure purchase tomorrow. Snug does it have an install? I don't see why it would but I never know with Sony games.

Shit, checked three stores for this, nada. I got Alpha Protocol discounted instead for my stealth fix, but I really wanted to be playing this tonight.

Trevelyan

Banned
So just picked this up and played a good hour. God, game is so great. Graphics look amazing and the colors really pop. Probably going to leave it in my PS3 all night. :D

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Square Triangle said:
My GS has it in stock, for sure purchase tomorrow. Snug does it have an install? I don't see why it would but I never know with Sony games.

It said 450mb required on the box, but I've played Sly 1 and no install was required, I could just jump right in.

It's fuckin great so far, I mean it's still the game we remember but it looks fantastic in HD/16:9 and 60fps. The visuals are somewhat simplistic but the awesome style and all the colors really pop on my TV, it's very pleasing to the eye. I'm about 4 levels in and I already have about 8 bronze trophies and 1 gold trophies, it's pretty crazy. I'm making sure to clear all safes along with the levels, so I'm in no rush, but I can see myself blowing through Sly 1 in just a few days. Can't wait to try the new games for the first time.

DireStr8s

my gamestop called to say its available but i can't pick it up because a coffee shop charged my account for $10,000.00 & i'm in limbo waiting for the dispute to clear.

a lifetime of problem

eznark said:
I talked to the moron working there for 7 minutes and all he told me was "if it ain't in the flyer, it ain't on the shelves" and wouldn't get the manager .....*blowsbrainsout*

I go to Kmart despite the fact that it's Kmart....that place has the most incompetent people working there.

Some guy argued with me for 5 minutes when I asked the other day if they had the PC version of Call of Duty:BO. He said they didn't sell PC games, and hadn't for years, even though I had just bought Civ 5 and Starcraft 2 in the past couple months lol.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
nickslicl said:
my gamestop called to say its available but i can't pick it up because a coffee shop charged my account for $10,000.00 & i'm in limbo waiting for the dispute to clear.

That's actually what they charge for coffee these days. You're fucked.

Top Bottom