• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Song above you... Rate it!!!

NinetyOne - 7/10

Good stuff. Sorry I posted before I finished it, but I could tell I liked the beat and that it was an instrumental. I'm still jammin' to it.

Change Down

I really like Bonobo but I have not really listened to it that much, I should get to it soon!

I went this weekend to Spain from Amsterdam just to go see Rocket From The Crypt live. It is one of those bands I just HAD TO see once in my life. So here's a song from them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kpm_g14Jcds

Also, funny that you say you like the original Toxic song by Britney Spears, trab, I always thought it's a very good song haha

EDIT: actually I changed the link because I thought I had already posted On a rope before, castlegar :p

neoism

NinetyOne - 7/10

Good stuff. Sorry I posted before I finished it, but I could tell I liked the beat and that it was an instrumental. I'm still jammin' to it.

Change Down

remember that album is free and very good download it if you want...

Bonodo 11/10

listening to his new joint now I really cant stop lol

wish I knew how to link to a pacific spot in this glorious mix... it is so fucking good I edited it to 6 songs, but I really don't know how to upload them to you-tube... just listen its amazing the first 9 minutes are GOD TEIR
friendzone is a genius
FRIENDZONE MIX FOR DROWNED IN SOUND

remember that album is free and very good download it if you want...

Bonodo 11/10

listening to his new joint now I really cant stop lol

wish I knew how to link to a pacific spot in this glorious mix... it is so fucking good I edited it to 6 songs, but I really don't know how to upload them to you-tube... just listen its amazing the first 9 minutes are GOD TEIR
friendzone is a genius
FRIENDZONE MIX FOR DROWNED IN SOUND

I didn't know that, thanks. I'll download it when I get back from school today.

God, I wish I could play the guitar like that. Really liked it, Oomikami. Normally after this I would post some James Blackshaw but since I already did (and actually you posted afterwards) I will go with something different.

My favourite song from Depeche Mode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMml0GylZfI

Damn, I can only imagine what it must have been like to be there in person. Amazing! 9/10

I listen to these guys when I need to just zone out.

Mountain Mirrors - The Demon's Eye

alazz

Good shit, nice and smooth. 8/10.

More greatness from the south:

8Ball & MJG - Comin' Out Hard

I really dig this. Thanks.

The Dead Weather are cool, I hadn't heard this before. Yeah, I like it.

8/10

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Pin

Always up for some Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Prettay good, but not my favorite of theirs. 7/10
Actually NinjaBoiX I think you'll like The Kills a lot if you like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. The rest of this album is kind of like Yeah Yeah Yeahs with some St. Vincent, but with no horns.

The Kill - U. R. A. Fever
(also with Alison Mosshart, the singer from The Dead Weather)

NinjaBoiX

I think I have a thing for people with gas masks on. 8/10

Porcupine Tree - Tinto Brass

It has a whole lot going on, but I'm not really sure I enjoyed it that much. I appreciate the song craft, but to be quite honest, it's not really my thing. Well done though, no doubt.

7/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNail6JjEiE

Fugazi - Merchandise

Edit: shit, thread is moving fast this morning! I dislike Em rather intensely. He just whines about how everyone has wronged him. Remember when he used to be witty and amusing? At least this is early stuff, and the production is pretty good.

6/10

Actually NinjaBoiX I think you'll like The Kills a lot if you like the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. The rest of this album is kind of like Yeah Yeah Yeahs with some St. Vincent, but with no horns.
Yeah, I've posted a few Kills tracks in here. They aren't amazing or anything, they're too stripped back and nonchalant for that, but I do enjoy their swag. They are cool cats. Plus, Alison is hawt.

NinjaBoiX

I'm not rally a fan of 80's stuff, I prefer the recent dance remix, this is too slow for the type of music it is.

4/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf1iuDaHzX8
Hardkandy - My Morphine

Christ you wrote a lot.
As opposed to nothing at all? Not even a rating! It annoys me when people post like that in here, "Hey guys, I'm going to ignore the thread entirely, and just post a song I like." OK, thanks. I'm not raging at you particularly RiccochetJ, just people who basically ignore the post above, and just post a track. Yeah, way to read the thread title!

I'm not rally a fan of 80's stuff, I prefer the recent dance remix, this is too slow for the type of music it is.

4/10

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yf1iuDaHzX8
Hardkandy - My Morphine

As opposed to nothing at all? Not even a rating! It annoys me when people post like that in here, "Hey guys, I'm going to ignore the thread entirely, and just post a song I like." OK, thanks. I'm not raging at you particularly RiccochetJ, just people who basically ignore the post above, and just post a track. Yeah, way to read the thread title!

Not a fan of the vocals. Cut out the vocals and I'd probably enjoy it a whole hell of a lot more.
6/10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD59LJX2r38
m-flo - miss you

alazz

Not a fan of the vocals. Cut out the vocals and I'd probably enjoy it a whole hell of a lot more.
6/10
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KD59LJX2r38
m-flo - miss you

Pretty nice, but nothing is hooking me. 6/10

Mo' j-pop:
Bonnie Pink - It's Gonna Rain

Yeah, I've posted a few Kills tracks in here. They aren't amazing or anything, they're too stripped back and nonchalant for that, but I do enjoy their swag. They are cool cats. Plus, Alison is hawt.
I think we may be Out of Touch.
super bad joke sorry, I love Hall & Oates
While I dig quasi-minimalism (Talking Heads are one of my favorites), I can definitely agree with most of what you said. Plus, Alison is hawt :D

UrbanRats

No idea how to classify it, but it's very pleasant especially during the slower parts. :) 8/10

The Opposites ft. Mr. Probz - Sukkel voor de Liefde
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CnNU-EwYjaQ (the video is explicit and NSFW)

I can't understand much of what they say (aside from "Fame" and "Disco days") so i guess i'm missing out on much of the appeal, but the music is still cool and the video is quite stunning at times.
7/10.

--
The Aaron English Band - Norwegian Wood / Kashmir
Yeah it's a cover (well, two covers) but i still like the end result, sounds pretty cool to me.

UrbanRats

Interesting. I'd have much preferred that it wasn't broken up by speech. Have to take off points for that. 6/10.
To be fair the non-video version doesn't have the speech, but i thought the video itself was cool and i personally like when they integrate speech in music.

Here's the version in the album itself.

Sound kind of messy, I can't said I enjoy it.
6/10

You Give Me Something- Jamiroquai

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEcBz6VtyDg

I love Jamiroquai, though this isn't my favorite one from them.
6/10.
---
Here's a nice (repetitive) jam, ideal when you need a non distracting soundtrack to do something.

Selda Bağcan - Ince Ince (Yahya Temel remix)

K.Sabot

7.5 its pretty good but there is something that takes me off which I can't pin point. Its around the beginning tbh.

Lana Del Rey - Summer Wine

The progression doesn't go anywhere and I can't take the lyrics very seriously. Pretty cold on this, the male has a great voice.

I know it's supposed to be something like an old country song, but it's too repetitive imo. 5/10

Owen Pallett - Tryst with Mephistopheles

New album from him supposedly this year, long time coming.

Owen Pallett - Tryst with Mephistopheles

New album from him supposedly this year, long time coming.

No question about it that this is Final Fantasy. I've always found his music somewhat enjoyable, but I've never really loved it. It's pretty bland and harmless to be honest.

This song is pretty much the same. Cute with a nice sound, but it doesn't dare to do anything special either. 5/10.

/

Since spring is upon us and the swedish artist Håkan Hellström just released a new album I found it suiting to use this song for the thread:
Håkan Hellström - Valborg
I've always wondered what people who doesn't know what he's singing about thinks about his music. One of his strongest points as an artist is his lyrics.

UrbanRats

No question about it that this is Final Fantasy. I've always found his music somewhat enjoyable, but I've never really loved it. It's pretty bland and harmless to be honest.

This song is pretty much the same. Cute with a nice sound, but it doesn't dare to do anything special either. 5/10.

/

Since spring is upon us and the swedish artist Håkan Hellström just released a new album I found it suiting to use this song for the thread:
Håkan Hellström - Valborg
I've always wondered what people who doesn't know what he's singing about thinks about his music. One of his strongest points as an artist is his lyrics.

Music is alright, but it didn't keep my attention for long.
I can't understand the lyrics, unfortunately, though as someone who loves instrumental music, i'm not sure i'd be able to appreciate them fully, anyway.

--
VITALIC - Poison Lips

As a bonus, a remix of it that i liked, from Produkkt.

Top Bottom