• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Song above you... Rate it!!!

shit I thought I was the only person who knew this band
you surprise me every time bytesized :D
obviously I dig it!!

really curious how GAF will like this...terribly underrated band
the mekons - last dance

You must have been such a punk in the past with your mohawk and all :p

Did not know the mekons but I am not that much into folk punk, tbh, but I enjoyed the song :)

Some folk punk I like is Billy Bragg. DAT accent lol, it's just fun to hear, British singers seem to hide their accent way to often, imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Goxm0x4dTw

EDIT: crap, was too slow I guess :p

The Last Emperor song is pretty good!

KRS ONE - Hot
He mad

squidyj

I'm a sucker for some heavy back beat + piano + a nice hook with a crunchy guitar riff. 9/10

Heres my next entry. I Was Just A Card by Laura Marling.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sfqx6jMTyGw
Song builds really nicely and the super awesome added bonus is the choreography is amazing.

reminds me of neko case but the comparison isn't particularly favorable, it's never able to build any sort of energy, just sort of wasting itself. maybe 7-7.5 / 10

LAMA - One Day

edit: whoops. I'm just gonna leave this post as is, tho.

That was pretty, well, successfully shocking and sad. Dig the confessional nature of it though I feel like the denouement at the end could have used a little more development. 7/10

(I listened to the song Wicked Moon, though, and it's at least an eight.)

Rogue Valley - Red River of the North.

cool except it doesnt sound mastered properly. 7/10
GS:- No more

NinjaBoiX

Garbage, sorry dude. It felt like they had about 30 seconds of music, and were told to stretch it out over 3 minutes. The riff was kind of fly, it's just a shame it was basically the entire tune, with some basic drums, and about four lines of lyrics repeating. It sounded like a really under-developed demo or something.

Meh, I just think we have utterly different tastes, I've hated everything you've posted. They all sound so "challenging" and "arty/cool" at the expense of actual melody. That Tortoise tune was just mental!

2/10 - two points for the riff

Eric B & Rakim - Juice (Know The Ledge)

squidyj

Garbage, sorry dude. It felt like they had about 30 seconds of music, and were told to stretch it out over 3 minutes. The riff was kind of fly, it's just a shame it was basically the entire tune, with some basic drums, and about four lines of lyrics repeating. It sounded like a really under-developed demo or something.

Meh, I just think we have utterly different tastes, I've hated everything you've posted. They all sound so "challenging" and "arty/cool" at the expense of actual melody. That Tortoise tune was just mental!

Eric B & Rakim - Juice (Know The Ledge)

Did not really care for it, felt really bored with the song, there wasn't much of anything going on underneath the lyrics and the lyrics themselves.... an innocent bystander to stand? no thank you. 5/10

Maybe I don't like it because I'm secretly a computer.

iLL - HAL Program

bleep bloop.

Peco

The last 3 song posted are superb! 10/10 to all.

De gustibus non disputandum est.

I don't hate tho. :p

Cold Cave - Youth and Lust

Casanova

What is Balki Bartokomus doing directing that orchestra?

Nice, have not heard much Calexico but this is good music. The orchestra makes it sound like a James Bond OST or something, though.

Here one of the bands I am most sad I missed at Roadburn.

Goat - Let it bleed

I found myself tap-taping about 1 minute into the song. Just added it to my bookmarks for another listen later. Great song...9/10 The only reason it didn't get a perfect score was because it was dragged on for about a minute too long, it should have ended at about 3 minutes.

Rock & Roll by The Velvet Underground... http://youtu.be/bzUZHWAdtws ... I've been on a Velvet Underground binge for a few days now so it's appropriate.

UrbanRats

I found myself tap-taping about 1 minute into the song. Just added it to my bookmarks for another listen later. Great song...9/10 The only reason it didn't get a perfect score was because it was dragged on for about a minute too long, it should have ended at about 3 minutes.

Rock & Roll by The Velvet Underground... http://youtu.be/bzUZHWAdtws ... I've been on a Velvet Underground binge for a few days now so it's appropriate.
☻☻☻☻☻
Can't hate on them.
--

The Cinematic Orchestra - Everyday

I especially like the second half.

Top Bottom