• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Song above you... Rate it!!!

6/10

Nothing personal. I listened to it twice to give it a fair shake, but it strikes me as superficially optimistic. Nothing overtly offensive, but a bit trite. Maybe I'm just a cynical bastard. Sorry.

And with that ham handed analysis I guess I shouldn't expect kid gloves from the following poster, but here goes:

Secret Chiefs 3 - Welcome to the Theatron Animatronique

hah that was something! but quite nice, I liked it
and now...a party song
together - friday night lights

AcridMeat

Banned
Really melancholic and atmospheric dude, I liked it. Gorgeous tone to the guitar too.

Charles Bradley - The World (Is Going Up in Flames) - Live on KEXP
I loved Charles Bradley ever since I heard that song in Sleeping Dogs. So much emotion in that weathered voice.
hah that was something! but quite nice, I liked it
and now...a party song
together - friday night lights
Always good taste. I dreamt last night I was playing a gig on stage with this sort of belting bassline and guitar. If only it were real.

I was listening to Hammock a lot last night, it's difficult to pick which one to share.

If anyone likes this one I'll suggest others to look at.

Hammock - The Silence

Duji

I loved Charles Bradley ever since I heard that song in Sleeping Dogs. So much emotion in that weathered voice.
Always good taste. I dreamt last night I was playing a gig on stage with this sort of belting bassline and guitar. If only it were real.

I was listening to Hammock a lot last night, it's difficult to pick which one to share.

If anyone likes this one I'll suggest others to look at.

Hammock - The Silence

Very chill/soothing. Probably better as a final song in an album rather than being on its own though. 8/10

DJ Shadow - Midnight in a Perfect World

Not bad, it reminded me a little of salyu in her crazy salyu x salyu guise, and some elements of Eri Nobuchika (notwithstanding that they're Japanese.

Quite chilling, but the random elements were distracting and not complimentary - could have been mixed / edited better.

---

Here's my link for consideration;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMdR2fvcfhw

(Pink Sapphire - PS I love you)

5/10 Sorry just not my style.

Here's mine. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWV2W_ksSF4

Kaiori Breathe - I Have Ruined Everything

AcridMeat

Banned
Always love to hear new psychedelic, I'd give it an 8 personally; let's take that era and run with it a bit more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iLQzaLr1enE
Interesting, I never really got into Velvet Underground surprisingly. They were a band I started to listen to more recently to see what I had been missing, as I didn't recall any of their music, by name anyway.

Listening to QOTSA again has led me to another original

Subhumans - Wake Up Screaming

QOTSA's cover has a ton of energy as well, can't decide which I prefer.

Interesting, I never really got into Velvet Underground surprisingly. They were a band I started to listen to more recently to see what I had been missing, as I didn't recall any of their music, by name anyway.

Listening to QOTSA again has led me to another original

Subhumans - Wake Up Screaming

QOTSA's cover has a ton of energy as well, can't decide which I prefer.

The guitar sounds pretty cool and it's got a pretty good rhythm. I love the distorted sound of the instruments. I really don't care for vocals like that though. I wouldn't listen to it under normal circumstances.

5.5/10

Goat - Goathead

The guitar sounds pretty cool and it's got a pretty good rhythm. I love the distorted sound of the instruments. I really don't care for vocals like that though. I wouldn't listen to it under normal circumstances.

5.5/10

Goat - Goathead

Well, this one I don't even need to click on it to give it a 10/10. One of my favorite new bands.

Kendrick Lamar - The Recipe
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpugK0RpEaU

So addicted to this album. This song is specially amazing.

AcridMeat

Banned

AcridMeat

Banned
don't like the vid but the song is great :D
edit: okay I didn't pay attention, the vid gets kinda cool too

aphex twin - schottkey 7th path
I knew you'd come around on the video. Hell yes to Aphex Twin too.
fatlip! aw yiss!
sorry guys I had to take that one too.

but have another one:
fatlip - worst case scenario
And fatlip both of you, yesyes!

I'm really happy this thread was bumped by the time I got home because there was a song I really wanted to post here. I realize it's a long song but get to at least 3-5 minutes in because it goes places.

Titus Andronicus - A Pot In Which To Piss

Seeing them in a month :D

AcridMeat

Banned
Had to quote this, listened to it this morning and it's masterful. When it switches to acoustic it's excellent.
5/10.
I don't hate it, but i don't think i'm gonna listen to it again.
--
Perturbator - Girl in a black dress
I adore this track, i must have listened to it more than 300 times in the last months.

perturbator <3333
fucking love this album. awww man too good. 11/10

have to follow up with another one
perturbator - the price of failure
You both! Great album, got me to listen to some of it again, but then the next artist after came on... (first track of the album)

Pete Rock & CL Smooth - Return Of The Mecca

It was relaxing and slow paced song, I liked it.
8/10

Matt Berry - Devil Inside Me

10/10

I love Matt Berry's work and after discovering Devil Inside Me yesterday, I have had it stuck in my head a bit. It's a damn good song and I forgot that he had an amazing musical career too (I mainly knew him for his comedy roles, but I had heard some of his music before)

About as far away from the genres of music I listen to so will give it a 5/10, as it would be listenable, but just not my style.

CHVRCHES - The Mother We Share

5/10

This is honestly just not my style, completely far away from the style of music that I listen to, too! A shame, but I honestly can't stand this style of music. The synth was pretty cool though.

Dream Theater - Lines in the Sand

(Saltybet made me fall in love with this track again, seriously!)

UrbanRats

10/10

I love Matt Berry's work and after discovering Devil Inside Me yesterday, I have had it stuck in my head a bit. It's a damn good song and I forgot that he had an amazing musical career too (I mainly knew him for his comedy roles, but I had heard some of his music before)

5/10

This is honestly just not my style, completely far away from the style of music that I listen to, too! A shame, but I honestly can't stand this style of music. The synth was pretty cool though.

Dream Theater - Lines in the Sand

(Saltybet made me fall in love with this track again, seriously!)
Never looked much into Dream Theater, mainly because the fans that introduced me to them were very obnoxious "nothing is real music outside of them" kind of type.

This was very cool though, aside from the vocals.
7/10.

--

Balmorhea - Bowsprit

You may recognize this from the Rectify intro, though i was a Balmorhea fan "before they were cool". :p

Top Bottom