• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Song above you... Rate it!!!

That was better than I thought it would be. There were times where it made me think of a 90's Who. Maybe no one will understand that. The drummer just looked like Keith Moon at times with the way he drummed. Pretty good though. 7/10

Pavement - Type Slowly

4/10

Didn't do anything for me, please bare in mind I like more up tempo music, his voice was a bit average and he seemed to struggle with the correct amount of syllables certain places.

I didn't mind the music, a bit drab and slow for my current mood though.

Anyway rate this.

Deftones - Rosemary

4/10

Didn't do anything for me, please bare in mind I like more up tempo music, his voice was a bit average and he seemed to struggle with the correct amount of syllables certain places.

I didn't mind the music, a bit drab and slow for my current mood though.

Anyway rate this.

Deftones - Rosemary

It's 8/10.

Enough to make me want to check out more of their work. Kinda ashamed that I haven't already but this is the kick in the arse I needed.

Virgin Prunes - Pagan Lovesong

mikeroth

I can appreciate good guitar playing and the mood set by the track but it really isn't my style, so a personal 5/10 for me but I can tell others would rate it much higher.

A song I'd like critique on

C'mon! No ones is going to say anything about this?! I've been waiting like three days for someone to critique it because Neutrality has heard my criticism many times before. This shit is amazing. I wanted to give someone else a chance to give this song by this amazing songwriter a listen but I guess you're all too busy... :/ 10/10

So I'm going to post another one of his songs because he is awesome.

Neutrality - Winds

MacNille

Banned
C'mon! No ones is going to say anything about this?! I've been waiting like three days for someone to critique it because Neutrality has heard my criticism many times before. This shit is amazing. I wanted to give someone else a chance to give this song by this amazing songwriter a listen but I guess you're all too busy... :/ 10/10

So I'm going to post another one of his songs because he is awesome.

Neutrality - Winds

3/10. The singer was not very good.
Before I forget-Slipknot

AcridMeat

Banned
This song I would probably only listen to when I am playing a racing game. It just has that racing game feel to it. Maybe this was in some Need for Speed game in the PS2 era?

6/10

Blue Ridge Mountain Song by Alan Jackson
I don't listen to much country at all, but this is better than what I have been exposed to before.

Haha I clicked post reply with this song in mind as it's the first thing I'm listening to today. I'm going to look like a jack ass. Love it though.

Grimes - Genesis

mikeroth

That's some pretty badass music right there.

--
Joe Hisaishi - Silent Love

Most likely my favorite pieces from the man (soundtrack to one of my favorite films from Kitano).

That was very enjoyable. I want to watch Asian cinema now.

I hate to be a dick but... EEEEEERRRGH!!! Have fun!

1378544027450.gif

I've listened to it a good 20 or 30 times all the way through while practicing drum rudiments or just sitting and paying attention to it. It gets hallucinogenic...

AcridMeat

Banned
Forget the other guy, this is a 10/10
WBDNQ6J.gif

Well, I didn't listen to all of it, but I like what I heard! 7/10

At The Drive-In - Pattern Against User
Ohhhh youuu, this is the song that got me into ATDI. ~~ Have fond memories of blaring this on the air at my campus station around 5am.

Minus The Bear - Absinthe Party at the Fly Honey Warehouse

If it doesn't seem like your cup of tea to begin with, get to the first chorus at least.

edit: v Grizzly Bear is awesome too, fuckin hell I love the music taste in this thread.

mikeroth

Forget the other guy, this is a 10/10
WBDNQ6J.gif

Well, I didn't listen to all of it, but I like what I heard! 7/10

At The Drive-In - Pattern Against User

Totally agree with you about Grimes. She's pretty awesome.

But I'm super happy you gave it a chance and listened to some of it. It does things to your head. Haha

As for that At The Drive In song, I was a a super huge Mars Volta fan forever. Kind of have grown out of them in the past couple of years though. I mean I'll still enjoy their albums if they are on but don't go out of my way to listen to them too much anymore. But people have been telling me to listen to ATDI for a long time. I've tried many times. I don't know. It's really good at what it's trying to do and I love Cedric and Omar to pieces, but I guess I just would rather listen to them as Mars Volta. The ATDI stuff just doesn't catch me. I don't really know why. I'll give that a 5/10 because I love them but I'm already starting to forget it...

Grizzly Bear - Sun In Your Eyes

UrbanRats

Totally agree with you about Grimes. She's pretty awesome.

But I'm super happy you gave it a chance and listened to some of it. It does things to your head. Haha

As for that At The Drive In song, I was a a super huge Mars Volta fan forever. Kind of have grown out of them in the past couple of years though. I mean I'll still enjoy their albums if they are on but don't go out of my way to listen to them too much anymore. But people have been telling me to listen to ATDI for a long time. I've tried many times. I don't know. It's really good at what it's trying to do and I love Cedric and Omar to pieces, but I guess I just would rather listen to them as Mars Volta. The ATDI stuff just doesn't catch me. I don't really know why. I'll give that a 5/10 because I love them but I'm already starting to forget it...

Grizzly Bear - Sun In Your Eyes
A nice tune, i'll give it a 6 out of 10 points of value.

--
Elysian fields - Climbing my dark hair.

Herne

I kind of liked the music base, but didn't really get into the voice.

--
Gatto Ciliegia contro il Grande Freddo - Non c'è più caffé.

Very nice, but I must say that I kept waiting for it to really get going, so I'm going to dock some points. 7/10.

Also as a bonus, reposting:
Dopolavoro Dancing (from the same band)
as it got skipped when i posted it pages ago.

If you like stuff like Do Say Make Think, you should dig the style.

Beautiful. 9/10.

Bruno Coulais - Microcosmos

Wasn't expecting that up-tempo jazz section to come in. I liked it a lot though. 9/10

Yann Tiersen - La Valse d'Amélie

I really appreciate it from an artistic standpoint and the mood it creates, however my god, fuck having to sit through that again. I love soundtracks and listen to a shit load of them. This just isn't my cup of tea sorry fellow gaffer.

3/10

Anyway

Here is one of my favourite songs of all time.

Tool - The Pot

I love what this song is about, the lyrics are amazing, the music is phenomenal. Feel free to disagree.

I really appreciate it from an artistic standpoint and the mood it creates, however my god, fuck having to sit through that again. I love soundtracks and listen to a shit load of them. This just isn't my cup of tea sorry fellow gaffer.

3/10

Anyway

Here is one of my favourite songs of all time.

Tool - The Pot

I love what this song is about, the lyrics are amazing, the music is phenomenal. Feel free to disagree.

7/10. tool have much better songs.

These New Puritans - Fragment Two

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftvICVWLBKY

mikeroth

6/10.
Nice drums.
--

Geinoh Yamashirogumi - Gaia.

Sit back, close your eyes and relax to this masterpiece, from the folks who scored AKIRA.

Firstly, your avatar is amazing. What is it from? And secondly, that song and was so good. I was like floating in a forest. 10/10 I loved AKIRA. I want to start getting into more great Anime films.

This song has been killing me. I watched the 1995 film Kids a few days ago and this was in it and that movie was just... I can't even...

Sebadoh - Spoiled

UrbanRats

IGNORE ME.
Firstly, your avatar is amazing. What is it from? And secondly, that song and was so good. I was like floating in a forest. 10/10 I loved AKIRA. I want to start getting into more great Anime films.

My avatar is from an illustration from Russian artist/prodigy Vania Zouravliov.
In this case the poster for the film Dracula (the one with Bela Lugosi):
Dracula_Main_FINAL.jpg

Also if you like the song, i suggest you listen to both the albums "Ecophony Gaia" (from which the song is from) and "Ecophony Rinne", they complete a trilogy which actually includes the soundtrack for Akira, and it's a tour de force.

/IGNORE ME.

FYC

Banned
8/10, loved the transition to 1:55

Haerts - Hemiplegia

Dreamy. 8/10

Ohhhh youuu, this is the song that got me into ATDI. ~~ Have fond memories of blaring this on the air at my campus station around 5am.

Minus The Bear - Absinthe Party at the Fly Honey Warehouse

If it doesn't seem like your cup of tea to begin with, get to the first chorus at least.

edit: v Grizzly Bear is awesome too, fuckin hell I love the music taste in this thread.

It looks like you got skipped, but I liked it quite a bit. 7/10

Anyways, my song: Deftones - What Happened To You

mikeroth

IGNORE

My avatar is from an illustration from Russian artist/prodigy Vania Zouravliov.
In this case the poster for the film Dracula (the one with Bela Lugosi):
Dracula_Main_FINAL.jpg

Also if you like the song, i suggest you listen to both the albums "Ecophony Gaia" (from which the song is from) and "Ecophony Rinne", they complete a trilogy which actually includes the soundtrack for Akira, and it's a tour de force.

She's amazing! How have I never heard of her before? Beautiful stuff. How old is she?

And yeah I'll be sure to check out the albums. Thanks man. :)
IGNORE

Top Bottom