• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Strain S2 |OT| The Thirst Is Real - Sundays 10/9c

IronRinn

Joining the club here.
Zack is the most annoying little kid ever. I can't wait to see him die. If he doesn't, he's bound to become the new Geoffrey.

Also opening a new club: Quinlan is the fucking boss club. I have the biggest crush on that guy now. He's too damn badass.

tumblr_nt8666py2e1tdkro1o3_500.gif

It's been good to see that, at least in the few scenes he's been in thus far, he is living up to the hype from people who have read the books. I was skeptical, but the stuff with him has been excellent.

Koriandrr

It's been good to see that, at least in the few scenes he's been in thus far, he is living up to the hype from people who have read the books. I was skeptical, but the stuff with him has been excellent.

As someone who has read the books, I am happy with what I'm seeing. Which is something I haven't said about a lot of other shows I've seen after reading the books.

To further the Quinlan hype, this is what the actor, Rupert Penry Jones, posted on twitter:
CNzp9ZlWsAEAO6A.jpg

pretty awesome making of :D

...not sure how he's breathing though.

As someone who has read the books, I am happy with what I'm seeing. Which is something I haven't said about a lot of other shows I've seen after reading the books.

To further the Quinlan hype, this is what the actor, Rupert Penry Jones, posted on twitter:
CNzp9ZlWsAEAO6A.jpg

pretty awesome making of :D

...not sure how he's breathing though.

This is what would make me NEVER want to do that.

Lorcain

Fuck that spider kid that was hiding under the sweater in the trunk of the car. Goddammit that made me jump. And then the one crawling around outside the window during Eph's conversation. Those spider kids need to be purged from the face of the earth.

Quinlan is awesome. I love his voice. He's got that "I could easily kill you...but I won't" thing going on.

Koriandrr

Fuck that spider kid that was hiding under the sweater in the trunk of the car. Goddammit that made me jump. And then the one crawling around outside the window during Eph's conversation. Those spider kids need to be purged from the face of the earth.

Quinlan is awesome. I love his voice. He's got that "I could easily kill you...but I won't" thing going on.

It's the british accent.

Also fuck those spider kids. :(

Pilgrimzero

After the episode I was hoping main dude would go back in and shake the shit out of that kid. "You get it now, right???!?!?!! Evil Vampire???!?! RIGHT?!?! You see it now, son??!?! Stop fucking around?!?!"

I'm starting to dislike Eph as much as i dislike Zach. Rot doesn't fall too far from the tree. Nora's too good for that guy! Quinlan is cool and I was already digging Gus as a favorite character. Seeing these two match up should be promising.

someday

Banned
I'm starting to dislike Eph as much as i dislike Zach. Rot doesn't fall too far from the tree. Nora's too good for that guy! Quinlan is cool and I was already digging Gus as a favorite character. Seeing these two match up should be promising.

I'm surprised it took this long. Eph is pathetic.

Koriandrr

I've been waiting for some character growth with Eph, but he seems to be on the permanent shitbag trajectory.

I'm rooting for the Quinlan - Gus team.

I actually liked Eph in the beginning. I mean, he's the one that put himself and his family at risk to expose this thing to begin with. He's lost too much trying to do the right thing.

War changes men. Some adapt and thrive in it, some despair. And that is a quote (the way I remember it anyway) from the book, indirectly referring to Eph vs Fet. :D

How many spider kids are left?

They killed at one in the church (I think), Quinlan wrecked a few and now two more are dead. She has to be running low on kids by now.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 2: episode 9 "The Battle for Red Hook"

Justine takes drastic measures to counter a surprise invasion. Nora and Fet perform a useful mission while Eph and Setrakian face off against an old foe.
Also, Vincenzo Natali is directing the last two episodes of the season.

SURGEdude

That new intro is abysmal. Nora looks obese and bizarre. But I think it's a bit longer than the old one so that saves FX a few bucks.

Edit:
I realized that I just went with the negative when I do think it's worth pointing out that some of the moralizing and characterization is finally coming together a bit. It took longer than I would have liked, but some of the characters are starting to feel a bit more real.

Damn yo, I still Iike this show but is soooooo effing lazy. Not just in its writing but also in staging its action.

I laughed so hard at Sertrakian getting swiped to the floor like a loose sheet of paper while Eichorist fearsomely posed over his body for a few seconds in a attempt to spook Eph.

Then what happens, for the second time this episode alone the fight ends with retreat. Everytime Eichorist or Zach's mom or any notable character scuttles away in the nick of time I just roll my eyes so hard.

This shit is why they are probably using Quinlan so sparingly because then you have to blow up a building or come up with some other contrivance to stop his pursuit.

At least Nora got to do something this episode.

SURGEdude

Damn yo, I still Iike this show but is soooooo effing lazy. Not just in its writing but also in staging its action.

I laughed so hard at Sertrakian getting swiped to the floor like a loose sheet of paper while Eichorist fearsomely posed over his body for a few seconds in a attempt to spook Eph.

Then what happens, for the second time this episode alone the fight ends with retreat. Everytime Eichorist or Zach's mom or any notable character scuttles away in the nick of time I just roll my eyes so hard.

This shit is why they are probably using Quinlan so sparingly because they you have to blow up a building or come up with some other contrivance to stop his pursuit.

At least Nora got to do something this episode.

The running away plot device is so fucking overused here. It speaks to a laziness in writing. It seems like they struggle so much to create characters, that they aren't willing to kill them. So they create silly ways to keep anybody from dying. Zack's mom and Eichorst should have died a dozen times over. It's absurd.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
What is this intro?

I have no idea what that was. The original title card was short, sweet, and effective. This was 10x as long and featured janky comic book style art that felt completely incongruous with the rest of the show. I thought it was terrible.

Are you fucking serious yo? How many times are these mofos gonna get away? It's getting annoying.

The running away plot device is so fucking overused here. It speaks to a laziness in writing. It seems like they struggle so much to create characters, that they aren't willing to kill them. So they create silly ways to keep anybody from dying. Zack's mom and Eichorst should have died a dozen times over. It's absurd.

It's incredibly frustrating to watch that bullshit keep happening over and over and over and over again. And like, when Fet had Kelly in a head lock, why the hell didn't Nora run out of the booth and finish her off? She just stood there like an idiot and then eventually just ran away. And what's with Eph's Civil War era one bullet at a time piece of shit musket? I'm surprised he didn't have to load in gun powder after each shot too.

Top Bottom