• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Strain S2 |OT| The Thirst Is Real - Sundays 10/9c

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Yet another faceoff with the Master that ends in nothing. That alleged explosion was embarrassing. I can't even tell if we're supposed to think the building was demolished or not.

So, did Eph just take the train back to NYC?

All this Coco stuff really needs to pay off soon, because it's cringe-worthy without knowing what her angle might be.

Fitz Williams told them where to find the master even though he didn't know that was the information he got from over hearing Palmer.
Yeah, I guess I forgot he shared a piece of info. I guess that's something, although there was probably a better way to get to that than reintroducing the character and dealing with him for a few episodes.

DrBo42

All this Coco stuff really needs to pay off soon, because it's cringe-worthy without knowing what her angle might be.

Coco. Just hurry up and reveal what she's really up to. Too much to hope that she's working with Quinlan?

Now that Eph has decided Palmer needs to die, her motives will most likely be revealed when Eph makes his move. Or they'll reveal it after Coco and Palmer escape.

Knoxcore

It took me a whole year but I finally finished season 1. What a load of horse shit. So much wasted potential. Should I even continue to season two?

Its less shit.

I disagree with many people on here. I love this show. I also love the source material it comes from.

The show is just plain fun and entertaining. It's enjoyable to watch. Don't try to nit-pick every little problem, just sit back and enjoy the story and characters.

Also, check out IMDB. The average rating for the show from users (and also critics) is far exceeds most of the crap on TV today.

kurahador

I don't know, three more years of Zach sounds like a big commitment to me. Maybe they'll recast every single year.

Could be worse. They could recast him with that Dexter's kid.

I really hate how everyone is withholding crucial information from each other in this. I mean, how hard would it be tell everyone about what you saw or did Setrakian/Eph/Fet???

And this Coco and Angel storyline seems pointless and boring.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Didn't I read there were going to be 5 seasons and that was it? I thought someone posted that in this thread.

Yeah, 3 posts above yours! :p

I really hate how everyone is withholding crucial information from each other in this. I mean, how hard would it be tell everyone about what you saw or did Setrakian/Eph/Fet???

"Hey guys we came face to fucking face with the master tonight. No biggie, but he has a completely new form that is probably way more powerful than his last one. Just thought you might like to know. Also, there's this new badass ninja vamp who is sort of on our side, as he wants to kill the master too. If you see a guy with a bone sword on his back, you'll know that's him. Don't try to shoot him though or he'll kill you dead."

"Oh yeah? Thanks for the heads up bro! We make such a great team!"

Yeah, 3 posts above yours! :p

"Hey guys we came face to fucking face with the master tonight. No biggie, but he has a completely new form that is probably way more powerful than his last one. Just thought you might like to know. Also, there's this new badass ninja vamp who is sort of on our side, as he wants to kill the master too. If you see a guy with a bone sword on his back, you'll know that's him. Don't try to shoot him though or he'll kill you dead."

"Oh yeah? Thanks for the heads up bro! We make such a great team!"

This is all Dutch's fault.

someday

Banned
I feel like the show is getting worse. Season 1 was ridiculous but it was fun. This season seems to be full of really boring stuff; Dutch and Fet, and now the girlfriend, Eph and the whole DC trip, Silver Angel, Palmer and Coco, and so on. Maybe it's just the relationship stuff that doesn't seem to fit in a story with such dire and creepy monsters and none of the couples have all that much chemistry. It just seems like there is a lot of dead-end stuff with less action and tension.

I feel like the show is getting worse. Season 1 was ridiculous but it was fun. This season seems to be full of really boring stuff; Dutch and Fet, and now the girlfriend, Eph and the whole DC trip, Silver Angel, Palmer and Coco, and so on. Maybe it's just the relationship stuff that doesn't seem to fit in a story with such dire and creepy monsters and none of the couples have all that much chemistry. It just seems like there is a lot of dead-end stuff with less action and tension.

Similar to Walking Dead... The story is about family.

IronRinn

Finally watched this. Scene with Quinlan and the spider kids was fucking badass. The part where he bisected one of them and the torso started to crawl away...so good. Exactly what I expect from something with del Toro's name on it. And then I guess I'll just ditto all the complaints people had. The explosion and rubble was especially egregious. Also, still have no clue what's up with Coco. Hopefully it has some sort of payoff because right now it seems like superfluous filler.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 2: episode 8 "Intruders"

Eph must protect Zach against a surprise intruder into Red Hook. Gus convinces the Guptas to make a difficult choice. Fet and Setrakian set out to acquire the Lumen but discover they are not the only potential buyer.

Top Bottom