• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Strain S2 |OT| The Thirst Is Real - Sundays 10/9c

megamerican

I thought this episode was easily the worst of the series. It seems cheaper, and aside from GDT's bit, shot in a less interesting way. I hate how they changed Eph's son. Now instead of the bland kid we get an out right irritating one. I'm in disbelief they kept the scene where the new kid was introduced. Either they just don't give a fuck, or that was actually the best take they could get out of him.

It doesn't help that I have no idea what kind of state the city is actually in. Sometimes it seems like chaos, other times it seems like business as usual.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 2: episode 2 "By Any Means"

Eph and Nora experiment on their newfound patients. Fet and Dutch grow closer as they clear out the neighborhood buildings, and Kelly begins her hunt for Zack.

DieH@rd

Banned
Opening sequence of the S2 premiere was AWESOME. DelToro directed it.

The rest of the episode was good [but that child actor #2 was bad].

raindoc

Opening sequence of the S2 premiere was AWESOME. DelToro directed it.

The rest of the episode was good [but that child actor #2 was bad].

E4 will feature another segment directed by DelToro. Supposedly the introduction of (book character)
"The Silver Angel".

Dsyndrome

Hopefully this episode keeps up the trajectory of the first, already felt better than most of Season 1 (outside the kid).

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
It doesn't help that I have no idea what kind of state the city is actually in. Sometimes it seems like chaos, other times it seems like business as usual.

Yeah I'm confused by this as well. There doesn't seem to be the kinda panic going on that you would expect if vampire like monsters were taking over the streets.

Anyway new episode was alright I guess. Blind vampire kids are super creepy. Personally could do with fewer flashbacks. Oh and new Zach still sucks.

raindoc

I'm struggling to fit the three books in five seasons atm, feel like a lot needs to happen in the next couple of episodes for some of the later parts not to feel rushed. Then again, the books felt rushed too...

And I have to agree on two things with gaf:
1) The show fails at painting a picture of what's going on in the city.

2) New Zack... I hate that kid so much. I realize hate is a strong word, but I really, really mean it.

Radec

His wig is getting awful every episode.
KuGsj.gif

Just shave it off man

That's an exaggeration. I love the show. I also very much liked the books.

Same. Nothing but pity for people with enough time on their hands to not only hate watch a show but then post about how much they hate it on the internet.

S2 has been great so far.

His wig is getting awful every episode.
KuGsj.gif

Just shave it off man

Season preview indicates the wig is going. not sure when, but bald Eph was spotted.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I really hope the son dies, what a horrible little actor that kid is. Make the Mum do it for added effect.

inky

He erased "Infect". No idea why.

Still hopeful in denial about his mum that's why. And yes, that kid is awful with his somber half side looks and whiny voice.

I thought the part with the old infected couple was pretty heavy stuff. Compared to S1 these couple episodes have been super decent.

Top Bottom