• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Strain S2 |OT| The Thirst Is Real - Sundays 10/9c

BokehKing

Banned
Big mega spoiler for the end of season 2 based on the end of the second Strain book, The Fall. Don't click unless you've read the books!

I wonder how badly people are going to feel when Zach gets captured. :p
Idk, this new kid

is perfect to play the asshole Zack turns into.. He is supposed to be innocent still here, but nope, he is a douche

BokehKing

Banned
Eh... he turned himself into a giant, slow, lumbering vampire when he was previously quick and lithe. That's what I'm getting at. None of those qualities seem appealing nor advantageous for a vampire.

They should have had the previous master need to urgently find a new body as well, because it boggles my mind that he would just up and decide to that completely by choice.
Are we watching the same show, I mean episode 1 showed him being as quick as lightning, doesn't matter that is form is huge.

Pickman

Man I can't wait til Dutch's girlfriend shows up as a vampire and eats her, because I really dislike that character.

NewZack is WorstZack, agreed.

demolitio

So not only is Zack dumb enough to believe fucking vampires aren't a threat to him after seeing countless people die, he's dumb enough to trash the lab where they've been working with some of the most deadliest diseases known to mankind and didn't even care.

I was almost hoping for him to get a cut from the glass and get infected with something just so we can avoid his cheap plot device scenes in the future. I know we saw them "dispose" of a lot of the diseases, but I sure as hell wouldn't go in there and just start wrecking shit knowing what's going on in there.

Also, I'm really upset that my Vamp Special Forces guys are gone since they were strangely endearing due to how unexpected they were last season. I wanted to see them kick some ass first. This episode ended for me once they died.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ah, they actually gave a reason for the old dude appearing younger than he actually is. I recall a lot of people in the last thread thinking that was just sloppy writing.

Yooooo so wtf are the ninja vamps actually
dead?

I thought when I read spoilers for the books after S1 last year that the lead SWATpire is actually
the Master's son, and it's him and Eph who do the master in.

v1lla21

Fuck you dad and your work!! Fuck this Lego shit. You need this stuff to possibly save mom? Can't have that you drunk, toupee wearing motherfuck. I transformed from one season to the next so you could fuck right off. it ain't my final form, bitch. Fuck grandfather.

I was hoping for Eph to stone cold stunner that kid.

Can't believe dope vampire crew died too. You would think they'd know about that shit

inm8num2

Idk, this new kid

is perfect to play the asshole Zack turns into.. He is supposed to be innocent still here, but nope, he is a douche

Sigh, that's already been addressed multiple times but people keep misinterpreting what I said.

I'm talking about reactions specifically to his capture - not what comes after it. Viewers who haven't read the books won't know what to specifically expect. One reason for Zach becoming unlikable is that the response to his capture is more complicated - you're not just feeling badly for the nice kid. He's clearly being shown as more aggressive and annoying, but that doesn't automatically mean everyone's meant or going to cheer when he's captured. They're going to feel conflicted - it all boils down to a boy who lost his mother and is living in a vampire apocalypse. If viewers can't muster any sympathy for him when he gets captured (read: season 2 ending, not season 3 after), that's strange to me.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
They didn't want a "better" actor, they wanted an actor to convey a different side to the character. They got one and succeeded, as evinced by reactions to him in this thread.

Well, fuck.

Fission mailed etc.

Kid needs to turn into vamp chowder with the quickness.

I'm also somewhat shocked by how easily the swatvamps were taken out. They build them as this bunch of amazing fighters, make a grand entrance into the building and then they get promptly turned to ashes. Not cool.

Frankly I was surprised the egomaniacal Palmer had his shit together to such a degree that he could take out a vampire hit squad in seconds. He's actually somewhat competent and seems to have contingency plans if relations with the Master ever fall through. In the books he was a perpetual buttmonkey.

Somnia

Frankly I was surprised the egomaniacal Palmer had his shit together to such a degree that he could take out a vampire hit squad in seconds. He's actually somewhat competent and seems to have contingency plans if relations with the Master ever fall through. In the books he was a perpetual buttmonkey.

Ya it's clear he built that incase things with The Master fell apart. Still hate the guy, but I have to give him props he is not an idiot.

Redd

Whoah so that's why he still somewhat active. Seriously always wondered how him being a Holocaust survivor was still hunting vampires at his age.

Oh and I hated the old Zack but man new Zack is worse. Bring back old Zack please.

THIS IS STATEN ISLAND. Reveal several decapitated bodies.

What? That scene was bizarre as fuck.

So the Swatpire's are dead?

Oh well, they were the only interesting thing about the show. Really disappointed they went out like chumps. Expected a lot more from them with how they were introduced.

To echo was others are saying, Zach. What a little cunt. Like seriously, what a little cunt. I hope he as a terrible fate in store....

Somnia

THIS IS STATEN ISLAND. Reveal several decapitated bodies.

What? That scene was bizarre as fuck.

So the Swatpire's are dead?

Oh well, they were the only interesting thing about the show. Really disappointed they went out like chumps. Expected a lot more from them with how they were introduced.

To echo was others are saying, Zach. What a little cunt. Like seriously, what a little cunt. I hope he as a terrible fate in store....

I don't think they are dead, I haven't read the books so no clue there, but it looked almost like a way to trap them. They might be goners though who knows.

I don't think they are dead, I haven't read the books so no clue there, but it looked almost like a way to trap them. They might be goners though who knows.

I really hope they aren't. I wanted to see them properly tear shit up, them going out like that would be so pathetic.

Anyone who wanted a larger dose of swatpires will get it in time. Those guys were seemingly always stand-ins for a more important character who will be introduced later in the season.

Anyone who wanted a larger dose of swatpires will get it in time. Those guys were seemingly always stand-ins for a more important character who will be introduced later in the season.
Isn't the lead SWATpire Mr. Quinlan?

I know the previews have shown some other vampire tearing shit up, so I'm guessing they are transferring some of his character traits to him instead, which seems kind of weird to do when you already have set the Swatpires up well...

Isn't the lead SWATpire Mr. Quinlan?

I know the previews have shown some other vampire tearing shit up, so I'm guessing they are transferring some of his character traits to him instead, which seems kind of weird to do when you already have set the Swatpires up well...

That's what I (and everyone else) thought when he was introduced in S1, but no, he's a separate character named "Vaun" - the new character teased in the season preview is likely Quinlan, but I suppose not even that is confirmed 100%. I think you're correct in that they divided Quinlan's role and characteristics between these two characters for whatever reason.

RS4-

That raid was some poor ass pathetic shit, wtf was that.

I will not feel bad for Zack at all if he dies. I don't know which is worse, TV Zack, book Zack, or comic Carl from TWD.

(TWD comics are a fucking joke, have been for the longest time).

Sweet crazy political person
Holy shit they just really make that kid the most annoying human being. I guess his acting is spot on lol
Wow those ninja vampires are actually pathetic lol

Good episode but Quinlan needs to show up soon. I'm pumped to see him
vlBeczT.jpg

On an acting and character level, Zack is abysmal. So much so that it transcends itself from a bad performance or a good performance of a bad character into something entirely other.

raindoc

Good episode but Quinlan needs to show up soon. I'm pumped to see him
http://i.imgur.com/vlBeczT.jpg

Rumor has it that DelToro filmed another segment for this season, a character's introduction. Rumor has it that it is part of the next episode and that it's
"The Silver Angel", the former mexican wrestling star
. I was kinda hoping it'd be Quinlan's origin story that he took care of, but either way: we're getting a kick-ass character next ep and even if it isn't the Born just yet, he can't be far.

Rumor has it that DelToro filmed another segment for this season, a character's introduction. Rumor has it that it is part of the next episode and that it's
"The Silver Angel", the former mexican wrestling star
. I was kinda hoping it'd be Quinlan's origin story that he took care of, but either way: we're getting a kick-ass character next ep and even if it isn't the Born just yet, he can't be far.

Interesting and sounds exciting! Can't wait!

Top Bottom