• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tales of Vesperia |OT|

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
To get the cooking set of titles, can it be done with one person mastering everything? The gamefaqs guide words it as if each character needs to do it, but despite some of the arduous tasks the sidequests bring, I don't think they'd go that far.

Firestorm

Papercuts said:
To get the cooking set of titles, can it be done with one person mastering everything? The gamefaqs guide words it as if each character needs to do it, but despite some of the arduous tasks the sidequests bring, I don't think they'd go that far.
I think people in this thread said only one person has to do it.

Firestorm

clashfan said:
Can some help with my end battle with
Duke
? Who should be in my party member? I can't seem to beat him...
Did you get
all the devil's arms?
. If so, that's your big problem and you'll have to level up a lot. I was around
I used Yuri (LV56), Rita (LV55 or 56), Raven (LV55 or 56), Estelle (LV54 or 55). It wasn't much of a problem, but I hadn't got the Devil's Arms. Keep Estelle's Nightingale on the right stick and press it a lot.

clashfan

Firestorm said:
Did you get
all the devil's arms?
. If so, that's your big problem and you'll have to level up a lot. I was around
I used Yuri (LV56), Rita (LV55 or 56), Raven (LV55 or 56), Estelle (LV54 or 55). It wasn't much of a problem, but I hadn't got the Devil's Arms. Keep Estelle's Nightingale on the right stick and press it a lot.

Where can I get
all the devil's arms
?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So guys, how do I beat the third boss, that huge wolf with wings or w/e the hell it is at Ehemad Hills or however you spell it. He's been kicking my butt with Rita, Estelle, Regede and Yuri. I kill his minions, but when I am done with them half my party is in crisis mode. I've noticed I can go behind him and make him fall confused, or it seems the flowers leave him down for a few seconds but.... can't beat him :lol Tips?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Princess Skittles said:
1000/1000.

I don't why I did it, I really don't. :lol

You're not alone...I just have to do the '15 hour' and Act 1 'level 15' and I'll be right there with you. Not sure if I will though...seems tedious, and this is coming from someone that spent 140 hours on the game doing all titles and monster book bullshit!

garath

does the story just guide you into the
fell arms quests
or do I have to seek out some sidequest action to get started on them? I'm playing through FAQ/walkthrough free but don't really want to miss them.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Brandon F said:
You're not alone...I just have to do the '15 hour' and Act 1 'level 15' and I'll be right there with you. Not sure if I will though...seems tedious, and this is coming from someone that spent 140 hours on the game doing all titles and monster book bullshit!
Those aren't too bad actually, they're just annoying since it's 90% fast forwarding cut scenes, 10% skipping battle to bosses.

garath said:
does the story just guide you into the
fell arms quests
or do I have to seek out some sidequest action to get started on them? I'm playing through FAQ/walkthrough free but don't really want to miss them.
It's kind of hidden, but you can't permanently miss it, so don't worry.

You have to go bug the Elder in Myorzo (flying Jellyfish), and he'll give you the first. Then you go to those ??? spots where you couldn't do anything on the world map, you'll get a second weapon plus Sorcerer's Ring 4+5. Then it's a matter of exploring the various dungeons with your new toy to burn a whole lot of stuff, and most of the weapons will be in those areas. My group never had to check a walkthrough, doing things this way.

garath

RocketDarkness said:
It's kind of hidden, but you can't permanently miss it, so don't worry.

You have to go bug the Elder in Myorzo (flying Jellyfish), and he'll give you the first. Then you go to those ??? spots where you couldn't do anything on the world map, you'll get a second weapon plus Sorcerer's Ring 4+5. Then it's a matter of exploring the various dungeons with your new toy to burn a whole lot of stuff, and most of the weapons will be in those areas. My group never had to check a walkthrough, doing things this way.

Thanks.. I'll just keep
the Elder in Myorzo
in mind as I progress and go from there. I'm only about 30 hours in so I probably have a ways to go yet anyways.

Amir0x

Banned
Relix said:
So guys, how do I beat the third boss, that huge wolf with wings or w/e the hell it is at Ehemad Hills or however you spell it. He's been kicking my butt with Rita, Estelle, Regede and Yuri. I kill his minions, but when I am done with them half my party is in crisis mode. I've noticed I can go behind him and make him fall confused, or it seems the flowers leave him down for a few seconds but.... can't beat him :lol Tips?

It's really just about luring him to the knock-out flowers, then bashing his brains in. Mixing in some overdrives, perform a steady flow of combos and you should in theory be ok. He's fast and breaks defenses easily, though. I got him on my first try like that.

What lvl are you?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Amir0x said:
It's really just about luring him to the knock-out flowers, then bashing his brains in. Mixing in some overdrives, perform a steady flow of combos and you should in theory be ok. He's fast and breaks defenses easily, though. I got him on my first try like that.

What lvl are you?

14. Been beaten seven times already god dammit :lol Gonna try the flowers, I was sure it had to do with that.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Relix said:
14. Been beaten seven times already god dammit :lol Gonna try the flowers, I was sure it had to do with that.

You need to customize your strategy too, he beat my ass like 15 times before I finally got him :/

Also grind some more in that area and level up

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
ChrisGoldstein said:
You need to customize your strategy too, he beat my ass like 15 times before I finally got him :/

Also grind some more in that area and level up

Yeah I am grinding. Thank God the combat is extremely fun and quick :D Favorite aspect of the Tales series

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
I beat the motherfucker after like 18 tries and I am not kidding :lol . I got to the port city, got my ass handed to me by the 3 guys for a few times then got the hang of it..... did some story parts then went out to grind before moving the story along and getting to face that monster with the Yellow horn-whatever his name was. All Level 17 except Estelle and the boy. (I suck at names people).

So, who's better.... the dog or the boy for having as a melee partner? I always like having a mage so Rita is a must, and Estelle heals so she's a must.... of course Yuri kicks ass and I use him, but I am still undecided as who's better to use... dog or boy. Also, do other characters out of the party also level up? I barely use the boy but he's level 16

Amon37

Relix said:
I beat the motherfucker after like 18 tries and I am not kidding :lol . I got to the port city, got my ass handed to me by the 3 guys for a few times then got the hang of it..... did some story parts then went out to grind before moving the story along and getting to face that monster with the Yellow horn-whatever his name was. All Level 17 except Estelle and the boy. (I suck at names people).

So, who's better.... the dog or the boy for having as a melee partner? I always like having a mage so Rita is a must, and Estelle heals so she's a must.... of course Yuri kicks ass and I use him, but I am still undecided as who's better to use... dog or boy. Also, do other characters out of the party also level up? I barely use the boy but he's level 16

If you don't want to waste time going back and want to complete the monster book, repede is a must have.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
So I should stick with Repede. I am not caring much for Achievements right now in this game since they all seem so fucking impossible :lol

Teknoman

My only complaint about the game is that the battle music seems... muted...compared to everything else. Same as the music during really big event cutscenes.

Relix said:
So I should stick with Repede. I am not caring much for Achievements right now in this game since they all seem so fucking impossible :lol
I preferred the other two damage dealers to Repede personally, but there are really no bad party members in this game.

crowphoenix said:
I preferred the other two damage dealers to Repede personally, but there are really no bad party members in this game.

I think Judith is only worth having in your party if you're controlling her. I've never seen the computer complete an air combo.

SPOILERS MAYBE..

DONT READ POST UNLESS BEATEN GAME

srsly

if I used this avatar would it be considered spoilers?

schwannct8.jpg

Raven is badass

its not like anyone can tell who he is... but thats my favorite costume

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
74 hours and counting.
Belius just died, Judy left, shit hits fan, have to go to dangrest. How much further?

clashfan

Why can't I give Gel to my party members? How do I tell Estelle to take a Gel? She gets down to 1 TP in battle yet she won't take a Gel...

clashfan

RocketDarkness said:
Y -> Items -> Select Select Estelle -> Select Jelly. You can't use items on other people unless that character has item thrower.

Thanks I'll give that a try. The battle system seems very deep. I think I understand about 40% of it.

Firestorm

Talk to Natz. He's standing at the top of the stairs inside the coliseum behind the registers. I can't think of anything you could have missed.

mugwhump

Halp with secret mission 17 :(

I can guard break him just fine with destruction field, or raven's the wind's rage (guard breaks every time). Then I have someone use an hourglass to freeze him, and I shoot him up, and nothing. Does his shield come back after the hourglass wears off? Do I just need to try it a million times?

I'm on unknown, should I lower the difficulty? I set it to hard once and it didn't help that much...

clashfan

Finally finished the game. Really enjoyed the game but I can't help but be alittle disappointed with the ending.
I wish the game would continue after the last boss battle. I would have like to visit the cities and see how they would deal with the lost of blastia.
Still it's a great game and would recommend it for everyone.

cress2000

mugwhump said:
Halp with secret mission 17 :(

I can guard break him just fine with destruction field, or raven's the wind's rage (guard breaks every time). Then I have someone use an hourglass to freeze him, and I shoot him up, and nothing. Does his shield come back after the hourglass wears off? Do I just need to try it a million times?

I'm on unknown, should I lower the difficulty? I set it to hard once and it didn't help that much...

I had to do exactly the same thing this guy did in order to get it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nMcLC4x_C0

Firestorm

I tried everything in Secret Mission 17 but finally got lucky with 8 destruction fields. Somehow I stopped just in time and was able to hit with Rain for it. I don't think I could reproduce that.

eznark

Banned
Firestorm said:
Talk to Natz. He's standing at the top of the stairs inside the coliseum behind the registers. I can't think of anything you could have missed.

Well, far as I can tell I hit a glitch and am done with the game. I have Estelle and Yuri in my party, I slept at the inn, and Natz still says "Belius only receives guests on night of a full moon, yada yada."

Not a chance in hell I am going back 4 hours to my last save file.

This sucks.

2DMention

Banned
I quit this game and ebayed it. No FAQs when I got stuck, boring story. About the only thing I liked about it was the battle system. DQ4 came out when I was 2/3 of the way though, so I dropped ToV and lost interest. Sorry folks. I'll probably never play another Tales game again. Just not my series.

2DMention

Banned
Dr. Kitty Muffins said:
I'm going to try my best to get my friends to buy this game. It is an abosulte travesty that the best JRPG of this gen is selling so poorly.

I admit the graphics are beautiful, and the characterizations and battle system are good, but the rest of the game just didn't have it for me. That and I'm kind of biased against the Tales series anyway.

mugwhump

Yayz got SM 17+18. I kept shooting him and nothing happened, then he ran over to try and shoot my dog again and just started clutching his heart and I blasted him >:3

Also alexei was lolcrazy on unknown, his mystic arte kills everyone in your party when they're at full health. >_>

Firestorm

eznark said:
Well, far as I can tell I hit a glitch and am done with the game. I have Estelle and Yuri in my party, I slept at the inn, and Natz still says "Belius only receives guests on night of a full moon, yada yada."

Not a chance in hell I am going back 4 hours to my last save file.

This sucks.
Ok. So you
went through the caves to Mantaic, went through the desert and fought Outbreaker, went to Yormgen and gave the crystal to Duke, then went back to Mantaic, slept at the inn for the scenes, then went back through the Weasend of whatever cave while running into a bunch of knights, went into Nordopolica, slept at the inn, and you still can't talk to Belius?

Edit: I'm pretty sure you forgot to
sleep in the inn in Mantaic on your way back. That should trigger a story event. Also, if you haven't got the "Mother's Memento" yet, remember to sleep in the inn at Mantaic until you do. You need that for a Secret Mission later in the game.

2DMention said:
I admit the graphics are beautiful, and the characterizations and battle system are good, but the rest of the game just didn't have it for me. That and I'm kind of biased against the Tales series anyway.
What else is there to look for other than a good battle system and characterization? I mean, sure the plot could be better but I don't see that as a game-breaker. Oh well, like you said, you just don't seem to like the series. As long as the battle system stays fun I'll be back for more.

Top Bottom