• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tales of Vesperia |OT|

Just acquired the Milky Way +1 last night. Speed Cast plus Light Magic plus Rhythm equals absurdly low non-overlimit casting times. Nothing like half-a-second casting times for fireballs. :D

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
What the fuck at this Gattuso boss. If died at least 10 times in a row and even gained 2 levels from grinding yet he still kills my whole party insanely fast as I struggle with items to keep everyone alive. Everyone but Repede is lvl 15 and I'm using my fire attacks as much as possible. I know you can pull him into the plants but that seems really hard to do. I'm about to snap this disc in half. ARGGHhh

Firestorm

NameGenerated said:
What the fuck at this Gattuso boss. If died at least 10 times in a row and even gained 2 levels from grinding yet he still kills my whole party insanely fast as I struggle with items to keep everyone alive. Everyone but Repede is lvl 15 and I'm using my fire attacks as much as possible. I know you can pull him into the plants but that seems really hard to do. I'm about to snap this disc in half. ARGGHhh
Are you getting rid of the two smaller dogs first? I was LV14, but I did have to go back to Halure and stock up on items.

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
Firestorm said:
Are you getting rid of the two smaller dogs first? I was LV14, but I did have to go back to Halure and stock up on items.
Yes, I really don't understand how you could beat this at level 14. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. All the sudden there's this big clusterfuck and everyone's health is at like 100. This is the most imbalanced fight I've ever seen.

NameGenerated said:
Yes, I really don't understand how you could beat this at level 14. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. All the sudden there's this big clusterfuck and everyone's health is at like 100. This is the most imbalanced fight I've ever seen.
It is one of the hardest fights in the game. Everyone has struggled on it. Killing the other dogs helps a lot, and make sure you dodge his charges.

Firestorm

Yep. Easier than the demo my ass =/ I highly recommend using the money you got during the dungeon to go back and stock up on items. The path to the boss is really short. Also, after you beat him, SAVE. Seriously. Either go back to the save point or save as soon as you hit the world map. Don't be stupid like me.

Ei. He's only about halfway through the dungeon, so keep that in mind. Half my party was dead after i beat him, but I just went forward, figuring the dungeon was almost over. :lol

Firestorm

crowphoenix said:
Ei. He's only about halfway through the dungeon, so keep that in mind. Half my party was dead after i beat him, but I just went forward, figuring the dungeon was almost over. :lol
Well the rest of the dungeon, unless he goes into that little side part, is short with few enemies. I just
thought I could save at the inn at the next town but got ambushed by those things and died. Had to do the boss battle AGAIN which took me forever because I couldn't get the secret mission + beat him until a billion battles later

Firestorm said:
Well the rest of the dungeon, unless he goes into that little side part, is short with few enemies. I just
thought I could save at the inn at the next town but got ambushed by those things and died. Had to do the boss battle AGAIN which took me forever because I couldn't get the secret mission + beat him until a billion battles later
I was ok once I got outside
and could use the mat to revive Yuri and Estelle

NameGenerated said:

I ended up grinding to about level 18 and after a few tries got the fight down. use those little paralyze flowers!

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Firestorm said:

Don't you ever save on the overworld?

I died at the same spot once or twice, but didn't need to do anything over.

Papercuts

YES!

Secret Mission 17 down. It wasn't as bad as I expected, I used Destruction Field in overlimit and just hit Y after each hit to see how
Yeager
reacted. I thought at first to switch and strike when his head was forward, but that seemed nearly impossible and was actually him not guarding and getting hit. The guard break itself has his head go backwards and is clear to see that he's stunned.

Then I took the shot, and learned an altered arte, rainsong! =(

Luckily it worked smoothly on my second attempt after I took off those arte changing skills.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
I just beat
Jaeger and the gigantor monster afterwards, how far am I from the end? Do you get to fight Gauche and Droit? Love their outfits it's hawt.

I am seriously considering downloading the costumes for rita and estelle, it'd make the end of the game so much more exciting lol

ChrisGoldstein said:
I just beat
Jaeger and the gigantor monster afterwards, how far am I from the end? Do you get to fight Gauche and Droit? Love their outfits it's hawt.

I am seriously considering downloading the costumes for rita and estelle, it'd make the end of the game so much more exciting lol

can you be a little more specific?

and yea you can fight them, its a sidequest though

and those costumes can be obtained in game, dont waste your $$

also damnit, I tried the low level challenge without the 1/2 experience thing, I beat him at level 16, UNFAIR

guess I will have to use the half exp, people said that it was impossible without it, but it can be done, if I was a little more careful..

Papercuts

ChrisGoldstein said:
I just beat

Almost 2/3rds, and
you can fight them in a sidequest.

Jonnyram

PseudoKirby said:
also damnit, I tried the low level challenge without the 1/2 experience thing, I beat him at level 16, UNFAIR

guess I will have to use the half exp, people said that it was impossible without it, but it can be done, if I was a little more careful..
No, I think it is impossible. You have to be level 14. If you hit 15 even, you don't get the achievement. I did it with the technical exp "upgrade", bought from the grade shop.

NameGenerated said:

The most IMPORTANT thing about that fight is to not let 3 people get in melee of range of it during ANY point in the fight; after 4 ugly wipes I realized that's when the wheels were coming off: it would stand still and donkeypunch the shit out of the 3 in succession, which is VERY hard to heal without Nurse and Item Toss.

Darkman M

Princess Skittles said:
Five trips through the bonus dungeon. Seven pieces of Fake Gald.

WORST. BONUS DUNGEON. EVER.

Bonus dungeons on a whole suck this gen, i remember a time when you could play through a game and explore it fully on the first play thorough. : (

Jonnyram said:
No, I think it is impossible. You have to be level 14. If you hit 15 even, you don't get the achievement. I did it with the technical exp "upgrade", bought from the grade shop.
everyone else was level 14

the problem was I didnt avoid enough non essential battles

also, estelles "Feminine wiles attract the guard" scene was MUCH better than Judiths lmao

also, HOW THE HELL COULD THEY CONFUSE KAROL WITH OTHER GUARDS..... I am suprised that Yuri had to ask if he was karol...

Ricker

NameGenerated said:

Hardeest fight in the game,he is way overpowered for the level you are,if you play normally when you reach him...the only Boss fight i dropped to easy since i couldn't beat him.

I'm stuck in the area where you meet Judith right now,there's a staircase that i can't reach,in that tower with the tube with green stuff in it.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I've been taking my time on this, and I just left "Macreia"? (first desert town), on the way back towards the Coliseum
Cumore...

and...wow...wouldn't have thought that a RPG that's mostly kind of lighthearted, would have things like
murder, outright murder!
in them. Sure, most RPG's, when you get down to it, have this in them, through boss fights and such. But this is so far beyond that, I was actually shocked.
Sure, Cumore was a punk...but fucking quicksand??? AYEEEESH :/

Lonestar said:
I've been taking my time on this, and I just left "Macreia"? (first desert town), on the way back towards the Coliseum
Cumore...

and...wow...wouldn't have thought that a RPG that's mostly kind of lighthearted, would have things like
murder, outright murder!
in them. Sure, most RPG's, when you get down to it, have this in them, through boss fights and such. But this is so far beyond that, I was actually shocked.
Sure, Cumore was a punk...but fucking quicksand??? AYEEEESH :/

Ei.
It was always so odd and off setting when Yuri would go and just off someone. It's one of those things that I think will make Vesperia really memorable for me.

Papercuts

My whole map is glowing blue but I still have a bit more to fill somehow...the Dog Map is annoying as hell.

I got the scene for 85% which apparently stops the other dog from getting area, so I took everything. Any easily missed spots?

I just reached Mt Temza and there are rocks all over the place blocking treasure chests. I HATE missing chests but I can't figure out how to reach them, is there some kind of trick?

funkmastergeneral said:
I just reached Mt Temza and there are rocks all over the place blocking treasure chests. I HATE missing chests but I can't figure out how to reach them, is there some kind of trick?
dont worry about them, youll get the ability to get to them later on in the game

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
Papercuts said:
My whole map is glowing blue but I still have a bit more to fill somehow...the Dog Map is annoying as hell.

I got the scene for 85% which apparently stops the other dog from getting area, so I took everything. Any easily missed spots?
There's a trick I figured out to this moronic side quest, look at your World Map and go to the Field Tab, write down each field listing (it'll take a few minutes), such a South Blah Blah Plains, North Blah Blah Plains, etc. When you go to the menu it'll list which field you are in. You only need to tent in each field once and that covers the whole area, once you know this it makes the whole process a lot simpler. Obviously if you are already 85%, it might be a little harder to pinpoint which field you need to tent in, but one the World Map, it does highlight each area in green so you can toggle the Dog Map on and off to find your blank spots.

Anyway, the speed run is kind of annoying. Twenty minutes of fast forward cut-scenes and finding moronic cut-scene triggers, five minutes of running through a dungeon and mutilating the boss, rinse, repeat. Oh well, I am about to go to Aurinon the first time and I'm at nine hours, so I'm obviously going to finish it, but it's been obnoxious. Hopefully I can get the few items I'm missing after I beat it again so I think I'm on my way to 1000/1000. Yay? Next JRPG that requires this level of stupidity in the achievements, I'm giving up my 1000/1000 JRPG ruling, seriously.

Firestorm

ChrisGoldstein said:
Can one of yall please point me in the right direction so I can find the sidequest in which you fight Gauche and Droit?

After finishing Part 2:
1. Go to Capua Torim and head in the direction of the port to see a scene.
2. Go to Ehmead Hill from the side closest to Capua Nor and go into the little side area for a scene
3. Go to Mt. Temza and walk up a little for a scene
4. Go to Zaude where you fought the Yeager for a fight with Gauche and Droite

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
THE FOLLOWING POST IS SHAMELESS
-----------------------------------------

If anybody still hasn't bought the game yet and is interested, the Tales Brigade site is doing a contest right now where they are doing drawings where they give away 2 copies of Tales of Vesperia a day.

http://www.talesbrigade.com/blog/vi...-copy-of-tales-of-vesperia-for-me/2008/10/06/

All you have to do to enter is get recruited to the site by another member, like me!

Recruitment link -> http://www.talesbrigade.com/?friend=HHzBR2 <-

Then you can shamelessly recruit people as well and get entered daily.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
Firestorm said:
After finishing Part 2:
1. Go to Capua Torim and head in the direction of the port to see a scene.
2. Go to Ehmead Hill from the side closest to Capua Nor and go into the little side area for a scene
3. Go to Mt. Temza and walk up a little for a scene
4. Go to Zaude where you fought the Yeager for a fight with Gauche and Droite

I love you, thanks lol

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Firestorm said:
I already won so use ZealousD's link >.>

Were you thinking of doing that quest where you make the Yuri real world sketch video? I kinda wanna shamelessly plug mine when it gets posted so I can win the 360. =P

Firestorm

ZealousD said:
Were you thinking of doing that quest where you make the Yuri real world sketch video? I kinda wanna shamelessly plug mine when it gets posted so I can win the 360. =P
Oh, that's for a 360? I was going to make it if I had time... I thought they wanted you to do cosplay and stuff and act it out and my reaction was "hell no" but apparently it's just pasting skit pictures :lol Go ahead. I don't need a 360.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Princess Skittles said:
There's a trick I figured out to this moronic side quest, look at your World Map and go to the Field Tab, write down each field listing (it'll take a few minutes), such a South Blah Blah Plains, North Blah Blah Plains, etc. When you go to the menu it'll list which field you are in. You only need to tent in each field once and that covers the whole area, once you know this it makes the whole process a lot simpler. Obviously if you are already 85%, it might be a little harder to pinpoint which field you need to tent in, but one the World Map, it does highlight each area in green so you can toggle the Dog Map on and off to find your blank spots.

Anyway, the speed run is kind of annoying. Twenty minutes of fast forward cut-scenes and finding moronic cut-scene triggers, five minutes of running through a dungeon and mutilating the boss, rinse, repeat. Oh well, I am about to go to Aurinon the first time and I'm at nine hours, so I'm obviously going to finish it, but it's been obnoxious. Hopefully I can get the few items I'm missing after I beat it again so I think I'm on my way to 1000/1000. Yay? Next JRPG that requires this level of stupidity in the achievements, I'm giving up my 1000/1000 JRPG ruling, seriously.

Yea, I'm at 885 pts(would be 895 if not for the synthesis glitch), but I'm having doubts about doing the speedrun playthrough. Shame because I spent over 120+ hours on my first playthrough maximizing as many sidequests, titles, item creation to make the second playthrough smooth...but yea.

Papercuts

Princess Skittles said:

I've been using the toggle from the green area to the blue, I really wish I wrote the areas down and crossed them off though.

Bleh, I'll just stock up on 99 mats and rest at all the small areas again.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I just entered the desert? How much do I have left. I already put 66 hours into game and it seems never ending.

Firestorm

Kadey said:
I just entered the desert? How much do I have left. I already put 66 hours into game and it seems never ending.
How did you put in 66 hours before the Sands of Kogorh o_O; You might be a bit less than halfway done?

Top Bottom