• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tales of Vesperia |OT|

It's real. Official press release:

NAMCO BANDAI GAMES TO BRING 'TALES OF VESPERIA' FOR XBOX 360 TO EUROPE AND PAL REGIONS

Leading Role-Playing Series Makes High-Definition Debut in Europe and PAL Regions this June, with Incredible Anime-Inspired Graphics, Action-Packed Battles and New Gameplay

CERGY-PONTOISE, FRANCE – 25 March 2009 – NAMCO BANDAI Games Europe today announced that acclaimed role-playing title Tales of Vesperia is heading to Europe and PAL regions in June 2009 for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft. Tales of Vesperia delivers majestic storytelling and compelling gameplay on a massive scale as players embark on a grand adventure of discovery and intrigue.

The world of Terca Lumireis is in transition. Ten years of peace have led to an uneasy truce between the Empire and guilds, which desire to live by their own rules. Controlling the ancient technology known as “blastia,” the Empire has provided safety and prosperity to its citizens, but the people have grown uneasy with the heavy hand of their government. As former Imperial Knight Yuri Lowell, players will explore the complex relationship between blastia, the government and its people, setting foot outside the safe confines of the cities to explore a mysterious and dangerous world.

The first high-definition installment of the renowned Tales role-playing series, Tales of Vesperia brings a decade of gameplay heritage and storytelling pedigree to Xbox 360. Featuring an action-packed real-time battle system, players can chain together powerful attacks to create combos on the fly and give detailed commands to the rest of their party to create cohesive battle strategies. All-new battle features such as Fatal Strikes, Burst Artes and a multi-stage Over Limit provide more tactical depth to each encounter, while series traditions such as cooking and skits return with new twists to delight longtime fans.

Alright! now people can stop asking

aaand June isnt that far away

but still, I wonder, what the hell do they have to do to the damn game to make it ready for Pal Release?
How Many Languages do they need to translate it to?

BluWacky

PseudoKirby said:
Alright! now people can stop asking

aaand June isnt that far away

but still, I wonder, what the hell do they have to do to the damn game to make it ready for Pal Release?
How Many Languages do they need to translate it to?

Usually it's multi-5, so French, German, Italian, Spanish and English (I think?).

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Finished the game last night. Good stuff, though the final dungeon did not feel much like a final dungeon IMO.
Very few puzzles, the puzzles them selfs being easy to solve (Just shot everything)

I was almost certain those portals were going to come into play but never did.

Hoping Namco makes a follow up to the game. I don't really know what they could use as the new big evil, but they have a great reason as why you are level 1 again. Well, most of the people at least...
Technically Estellise should be just as strong since she didn't use a Bodi Blastia thing. Then again I guess they could find some other catch all to it, or just ignore it, OR just say she used it for everything but healing... but then she would still need to have here awesome healing moves.

KurowaSan

i wonder if they'll even translate it into other languages :lol oh well, i couldn't care less even when English is not my first language. At least we now officially know it's coming, 9 months later, but it's coming :lol

Lagunamov

yeah.gif

Yeeeeeeees!

Yazus

HOLY SHIT JUNE LOVE JUNE SO4 + TOV = OHHHHHH SHITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

I'm going to pick them up THE SAME FUCKING DAY and play a lot

RedAssedApe

Banned
Just noticed on CAG that some guys have reported that Game Crazy is selling this for $29.99 now. Might be gutted copies though. Just a FYI for anyone sitting on the fence.

Jiggy

So, uh, I'm not sure if this even belongs in this thread or if it's a problem that plagues 360 in general, but basically my hard drive is having ridiculous issues with loading--and it gets past all of them eventually except for Tales of Vesperia, which is why I'm bringing it up here. Three minutes just to get past the system opening menu, eight or so to get into the menu, five to load ToV into memory, but I think I've been waiting 20-25 minutes trying to load my second most recent save file and at this point I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen. (My most recent save file, for the record, corrupted.)

Help?

Drkirby said:
Hoping Namco makes a follow up to the game. I don't really know what they could use as the new big evil, but they have a great reason as why you are level 1 again. Well, most of the people at least...
Technically Estellise should be just as strong since she didn't use a Bodi Blastia thing. Then again I guess they could find some other catch all to it, or just ignore it, OR just say she used it for everything but healing... but then she would still need to have here awesome healing moves.
(Symphonia and Vesperia spoilers simultaneously)

I guess the Tales developers prefer that their female characters should get to be superpowered in potential sequels. :lol Besides Estelle, if there were ever a ten-years-later sequel to Symphonia, or however long they needed to eliminate most Exspheres, Colette and Presea would be the strongest people around.

Rpgmonkey

Lagunamov said:

How lucky if true. One of the few JRPGs where I liked both languages and would like switching between them too. :|

Pretty random too consider the other versions didn't get this. Wonder if this is just a random "treat", or if Namco is going to be doing something ToV-related pretty soon and was already doing multiple-audio stuff anyway?

Lagunamov

Rpgmonkey said:
How lucky if true. One of the few JRPGs where I liked both languages and would like switching between them too. :|

Pretty random too consider the other versions didn't get this. Wonder if this is just a random "treat", or if Namco is going to be doing something ToV-related pretty soon and was already doing multiple-audio stuff anyway?
Probably, Atari.

Firestorm

henhowc said:
Just noticed on CAG that some guys have reported that Game Crazy is selling this for $29.99 now. Might be gutted copies though. Just a FYI for anyone sitting on the fence.
Was just about to post this too. It's for the new copies. I don't think gutted copies get a discount. Used is $24.99

Zzoram said:
How do you get a 2700 hit combo?
bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE

Jiggy said:
So, uh, I'm not sure if this even belongs in this thread or if it's a problem that plagues 360 in general, but basically my hard drive is having ridiculous issues with loading--and it gets past all of them eventually except for Tales of Vesperia, which is why I'm bringing it up here. Three minutes just to get past the system opening menu, eight or so to get into the menu, five to load ToV into memory, but I think I've been waiting 20-25 minutes trying to load my second most recent save file and at this point I'm pretty sure it's not going to happen. (My most recent save file, for the record, corrupted.)

Help?
Try clearing the 360 cache. "Press Y on the HD symbol and then press X,X,Left Bumper, Right Bumper, X,X. Once you do this a messsage will appear saying: 'Do you want to perform maintenance on your Xbox 360 storage devices?'"

ksamedi

YESS. I was waiting for a PAL announcement. Earlier than I expected too.

I hope this one will better Lost Oddesey as the best Xbox JRPG (actually LO is the best JRPG of this gen).

rykomatsu

Firestorm said:
bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE bla bla bla TIDAL WAVE

ironically, I've never used Lita lol...

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Lagunamov said:

It better be true, would make the wait less painfull. Most of the time, i cant stand english voices in games. English being my third language doesnt help, nobody around me speaks english and i barely speak it myself, so it "sounds weird" to me when im listening to someone speak english. Its even worst when the person speaks with a weird accent, i sometimes cant understand some words :lol

So given the choice, i'll take japanese voice acting.

Llyranor

That's pretty cool compensation for PAL gamers. I wonder if I'd doubledip given the opportunity. Not sure I would at this point, though, since I've pretty much gotten used to the English VA in this one.

Yazus

PAL this is our chance to show Namco Bandai that we are a great market. Lets all buy Tales of Vesperia and DoTNW! If we do this they might reconsider their PAL hate.

Yazuka

That's pretty good. Now I know some people that will get if for including the japanese voice track. I'll stick to the English myself.
God I'm eagerly awaiting the PAL release.

Combine

Banned
Hmm, I was actually really enjoying this game for a while (and especially Yuri) and played through most of it. But for some reason it just started grabbing me less and less after
Alexei left the scene

Graphics-wise of course it was very pretty, there is little I can complain about it in that regard. Music-wise though I was disappointed. Sure there are always some memorable themes in a Tales game, but very little with this one, not to the level or Symphonia or especially Abyss.

Story. Yeah, other than Yuri, I didn't care really about any of the other characters. Which is probably one of the reasons the story lost me, cause if I don't care about the characters, world and their fates, then there's little pull for me to continue playing, since the point of an RPG is to finish the story. And if the story loses you, well then the game's up.

One of the main pulls of storylines for me are the villains. And in this case
most of the ones who pissed me off during the game, (Cumore, Ragou, Yeager, Alexei) all died first. And the final villain Duke was just not convincing enough and was made just too sympathetic (cause other than his final actions, he never was a villain to begin with)

But again, I did enjoy it for a long time and definitely got a good amount of time into it (over 40 hours) so it is certainly not a waste of money.

jsrv

Lagunamov said:
Eternal Sonata and Ace Combat 6 (PAL) aren't region free... :(

Curses. :( I miss out on idolm@ster for not getting the JP version of the 360, now I miss out on an option to use Japanese audio on Vesperia for not getting the PAL version assuming that that version does get dual-audio.

I thought that the reason the US version doesn't have dual-audio was that they couldn't fit it in the dvd medium though?

Lagunamov

jsrv said:
Curses. :( I miss out on idolm@ster for not getting the JP version of the 360, now I miss out on an option to use Japanese audio on Vesperia for not getting the PAL version assuming that that version does get dual-audio.

I thought that the reason the US version doesn't have dual-audio was that they couldn't fit it in the dvd medium though?
Tales of Vesperia (NTSC) doesn't occupy the entire dvd ( 7 GB)...

Barakov

jsrv said:

I remember that being their reasoning. I've always preferred the Japanese VA in the Tales games so here's hoping the PAL release is region free.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I finally picked this up today at Game Crazy for cheap. I have too many RPGs I could start right now...

Persona 3: FES
Persona 4
Fallout 3

I can't decide!
:lol

Zzoram

So every time I think I'm growing tired of this game, I find myself addicted again. I guess it helps that I only play a few hours a week.

How the heck do I get 100% map revealed for the achievement? I flew everywhere as soon as I got my airship, zig zagging across the world, and I can't see any covered spots on either of my maps.

Zzoram

jsrv said:

Vesperia is only 5.9GB so there is 900MB left they could've used for Japanese audio.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Zzoram said:
How the heck do I get 100% map revealed for the achievement? I flew everywhere as soon as I got my airship, zig zagging across the world, and I can't see any covered spots on either of my maps.

Just keep playing the game and flying around. I did the same thing and I eventually got the achievement paying normally.

Zzoram

ZealousD said:
Just keep playing the game and flying around. I did the same thing and I eventually got the achievement paying normally.

I would keep playing, but I just got my 2nd 3 red lights of doom.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
It's really easy to miss an extremely small area of the map, but the area unrevealed is so small it's pretty much impossible to see where it's at. You should eventually get it randomly flying around.

Sagitario

After mastering all the recipes with Yuri, I'm ready to enter Tarqaron :D (I wanted to clear the sidequests available so far before the final dungeon), thankfully to get the cooking titles you only need to do it with one character this time [I hated that you had to master all the recipes with each party member in the previous titles because I always leave the cooking for the last :p]...

Q: My party is around level 85... is that enough to beat the 3rd form?

Firestorm

Yeah you're strong enough.

Also, the price at GameCrazy is back up to $59.99 new and $49.99 used. No longer $29.99 new and $24.99 used.

Top Bottom