• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Tales of Vesperia |OT|

Wizpig

grandjedi6 said:
It'll take at least 3 playthroughs to get all the achievements.
Ouch ouch ouch! :(

Anyway, i just looked at the achievements icons, they are all the same .jpg just like in Eternal Sonata, Namco is so lazy... and the icon is a trophy, subtle Ps3 version hints :lol [give me Ps3 content :/]

Thanks for the replies.

Firestorm

If you follow the spoiler-free guide in the first post you'll get through with all the secret missions done. My friend got all the achievements in 2.3 playthroughs. Played through the first time without a guide (except for secret missions). Finished all the sidequests he could after that. Used grade shop and went through the second one as his 15 hour run while getting the timed stuff he missed. Did the <lv 15 run for part 1 achievement last (requires you to be at 1/2 exp, do not fight non-essential enemies).

Link1110 said:
I'm playing through the game now, despite having owned it since September. I for like 9 hours in, got to some forest dungedon with logs I couldn't find my way through, got busy with school, and put it down. I want to get through, though because I hear it gets really good, and I'm a Tales fanboy. In fact, I may do a "Tales Catch-up" thread on all the ones I didn't get to finish in 2008-2009 (ToDdc, TotW:RM, ToI, ToV, ToSWii, ToH, TotW:RM2.)

I'm too lazy to check now (and don't own the Japanese version of ToV,) but to the Team Symphonia games in Japan have the auto text advancement option like Destiny's do? If so, why do they insist on taking it out of the US versions?
What do you mean by Auto Text?

Datschge

Firestorm said:
What do you mean by Auto Text?
Auto text advancement refers to the option of having voiced scenes be spoken in a natural way, without any artificial gaps within the dialogues due to the game waiting for the gamer to manually advance the corresponding text box. One of the many polished game design goodies in Team Destiny games. =P

Firestorm

Datschge said:
Auto text advancement refers to the option of having voiced scenes be spoken in a natural way, without any artificial gaps within the dialogues due to the game waiting for the gamer to manually advance the corresponding text box. One of the many polished game design goodies in Team Destiny games. =P
Ah yeah. That always annoyed me. Give us both options x.x In games I don't care about voice I like skipping ahead as I read it. In Vesperia I basically had to have my hand on A to press just as the line ended so I could keep it continuous =/

I suppose it makes more sense to put this here, so here we go, bonus DVD with TOV 360 european release:
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Found the bonus dvd info:

talespreorder.jpg

1. Tales of Symphonia: Dawn of the New World. Wii - Opening movie
2. Tales of Symphonia. GameCube - Opening movie
3. Tales of Eternia. PSP - Opening movie
4. Tales of Vesperia - Wallpapers

Its legit, seriously. 15 days to release I'm also still waiting a single screenshot of the promised spanish localization and the dual voice acting option.

Also, TOV 360 will be playable on some event in France called Japan Expo, but its in July so hey.

Wizpig

Pretty... useless, i guess?
Yeah, kinda useless.

Guess I'll always sound like a whiner when talking about Namco, but couldn't they release a proper collector's edition of the game? or part of the OST as a bonus?
Nope, here's your Tales of Symphonia [?!] intro as a bonus for Vesperia. really?

Oh well, GAME Uk finally put Vesperia on the website, you can preorder it but there's no word of this bonus... i still don't know where i will buy the game.

Tonza

I was thinking of ordering it from shopto since its 34,99 there and they were pretty quick with my inFamous order on the delivery. (it was here in Finland day after release)

blahdvd seems to be even quicker with delivery but they don't seem to have Vesperia for preorder.

jvalioli

Man there is a somewhat large boss spoiler in that trailer. Just a heads up for people that don't want to see that kind of stuff.

So I just finished this game and I'm wondering: after I finish, does the save file start off right before the final battle, or does it save at a point after?

Firestorm

cann3dheat said:
So I just finished this game and I'm wondering: after I finish, does the save file start off right before the final battle, or does it save at a point after?
The save point right before the boss is where you'll be. It will have counted as if you beat him though (so you'll have the exp and stuff). You can still fight the boss again.

Wizpig said:
This website [the Italian part of it] says the game comes out July 26, not June... what the f?
Site is a fuck up, I even found an unused PS3 reference:
Code:
<!--  GOODIES GOODIES GOODIES GOODIES GOODIES GOODIES GOODIES  -->
<div id="legals_mentions">
  <p><a href="sitemap.html" title="FAMILY SKI AND SNOWBOARD LEGALS MENTIONS">TALES OF VESPERIA SITEMAP<br />
  </a><br />
  <a href="index.php/#/legals_mentions/" title="FAMILY SKI AND SNOWBOARD LEGALS MENTIONS">    TALES OF VESPERIA  LEGALS MENTIONS</a>

<br />
    Tales of Vesperia&trade;&amp;&copy;  2008 NAMCO BANDAI Games Inc. <br />
    Game for Xbox 360 / PS3<br />
    <a href="http://www.namcobandaigames.eu/" target="_blank">NAMCO</a><br />
    <a href="http://www.namcobandaigames.eu/" target="_blank">BANDAI NAMCO GAMES </a><br />
    <a href="http://www.pegi.info/fr/index/" target="_blank">PEGI : 12+</a><br />

Site by <a href='http://www.fragmentek.com' title="Site by FRAGMENTEK">FRAGMENTEK</a> <br />
  </p>
</div>
<!--  ////////////////////////////////////////////////////// -->

Whatever, I'm still wary of Atari Spain saying it'd be translated to spanish and feature dual language VA. Should have given spanish sites some localized screens if that's the case, I don't get how can they not promote that if they are doing it. Oh well.

PD: And they should said the same for the french, german and italians, but have we heard anything about them?

Wizpig

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
PD: And they should said the same for the french, german and italians, but have we heard anything about them?
Course not.

Anyone betting that what we'll get is going to be the exact same as the US version without region-lock?
Yay Namco!

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Just reached the part where
Estelle is kidnapped and there's the reveal that Alexei was the MASTERMIND behind all that happened
. A shame imo, the whole plot was overall going good in avoiding these things.

By the way, here's the trailer for The First Strike, ToV prequel movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laJ2jjkEkIQ

Sagitario

Firestorm said:
There's a brand new trailer for the game up on "The Japan's Best Selling Xbox 360 Game of 2008".

http://www.talesofvesperia.eu/index.php#/goodies

Holy spoilerific trailer, Batman! WOW!

Fuu said:
By the way, here's the trailer for The First Strike, ToV prequel movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=laJ2jjkEkIQ

Thanks for the link... :D

What's the premise/story of the movie? I'm trying to get interested but we already know how it ends, so what happens before the game needs to be really good...
Also, no Judith...

Firestorm

Odd to see the other characters as Yuri doesn't meet them until Vesperia. I guess they'll be doing their own things while Yuri and Flynn's story goes on?

Stage On

Holy shit that trailer rocks!

Is it too much to hope for a full on Tales of Vesperia anime? Tales of the Abyss got one long after the fact after all.

With any luck First strike will just be the prelude of more to come!

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Stage On said:
Holy shit that trailer rocks!

Is it too much to hope for a full on Tales of Vesperia anime? Tales of the Abyss got one long after the fact after all.

With any luck First strike will just be the prelude of more to come!

Well, there's already a manga version.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Just started playing it. Awwwesome. Unlocked the first Secret Mission achievement by accident. I've stopped playing Golden Sun: Lost Ages for this. Looks like a good decision. :D

Less than a week to release, first video in french shows up!
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/gaming_liv..._of_vesperia_2_2_la_tour_des_rouages_f1q0.htm

Localization confirmed, us voices but option menu could have one to change it (not shown entirely in the video).

Atari Spain continues to confirm (even by phone) that its translated and has dual voice acting.

They should have made such a bigger deal about this that it isn't funny how its kept like a secret :/

When's the exact release date again? I thought it was the 27th of June, but that's a Saturday. I'm not sure how I'm going to be able to play this on time without buying a new 360 (Probably tell my bro to buy it and then keep it until I'm back in the UK, I guess). VERY glad it's coming afterall, though. Abyss not hitting Europe was a huge letdown.

Playing this right now. It's REALLY solid and I'm enjoying everything about it. Feels good to play a JRPG this gen. This will be the first one I've completed on Xbox 360.

EazyB

Banned
Picked it up when Amazon dropped it to $30 but just a few days ago I was able to start playing it. I've already sunk over 10 hours into the game and I'm really enjoying it. The only other Tales game I ever played was ToS but never quite finished it.

Continuing Tales of Vesperia fucked up localization watch

Reading spanish forums, rage is quickly spreading as many users report that they have seen the game box in retailers and its only Multi3 (English, French and German) with just English voices. Atari Spain now contradicts itself and says that neither spanish nor dual voices are included. The german flag on the box seems to be upside down too :lol

There's no facepalm big enough, oh well :/

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Just got my Euro copy, that was a long wait for a Europe version.

Wizpig said:
Multi3 :lol :lol :lol
No Japanese voices? :lol :lol :lol

Namco... i don't even know enough swear words to say what i think of Namco right now.

Did you guys find out if any websites are giving this? Kurosaki?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=16254987&postcount=4030
I think it was amazon.de that put up the pic. Here in Spain, GAME advertises it (but possibly its just for preorders):
x360_talesOfVesperia_5690.jpg

Now, thanks to Kite from EOL, watch the epic job they did for the backcover in the spanish edition:
28204mr.jpg

Yeah, upside down german flag and spanglish! With no spanish localization and no dual voices! Fuck yeah Namco!

Orin GA

I wish I could hat you to death
Kurosaki Ichigo said:
I think it was amazon.de that put up the pic. Here in Spain, GAME advertises it (but possibly its just for preorders):
x360_talesOfVesperia_5690.jpg

Now, thanks to Kite from EOL, watch the epic job they did for the backcover in the spanish edition:
28204mr.jpg

Yeah, upside down german flag and spanglish! With no spanish localization and no dual voices! Fuck yeah Namco!

Male or female. YOU DECIDE!!!!

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Until today, the site where i pre ordered from said release date : 25 june. Now its changed to 2 July, what the fuck :lol

And that back cover, wow....

trejo

Ok, so I started playing this a few days ago and it is indeed as awesome as everyone says. I just recently made it to
Capua Torim

However, It seems from the responses here that there's a load of easily missable sidequests that are time locked, so I checked some faq and I apparently had to talk to someone at
Deidon hold
the first time you pass by there. So, am I screwed out of something later on if I didn't do this? Can I still go back there and get it done?

Excellent game, but the secret missions and these missable sidequests can be kind of a pain in the ass.

Zzoram

trejo said:
Ok, so I started playing this a few days ago and it is indeed as awesome as everyone says. I just recently made it to
Capua Torim

However, It seems from the responses here that there's a load of easily missable sidequests that are time locked, so I checked some faq and I apparently had to talk to someone at
Deidon hold
the first time you pass by there. So, am I screwed out of something later on if I didn't do this? Can I still go back there and get it done?

Excellent game, but the secret missions and these missable sidequests can be kind of a pain in the ass.

Tell that to Japan. They keep doing this kind of stuff, even though it means it's impossible to get everything without reading a guide the whole time you play the game.

Top Bottom