• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Toy Soldiers (Xbox Live Arcade) Official Thread

Psychotext said:
I had a popup saying that I'd collected 2/X golden boxes (or something along those lines). I had no idea what it meant though.

Maybe I'll have to scour the levels to see what I can see.
The golden crates (I think there's one per level) are objects you can snipe/shoot/bomb and when you get all I think they'll give you another av award. They're being sneaky 'cause they're all hidden really craftily around the map.

Far as multi goes, I am unimpressed. I had $30,000 and my opponent had like $700 and he still managed to get within one or two points of beating me. So basically, money is worthless after you've placed and upgraded everything. You only need $800 every minute or two to send a new attack.

Does anyone have any more details on survival mode? Do you pick any map or are only specific maps allowed?

What a great game. Totally worth the money.

Can't get this damn song out of my head. :lol

I have come to say goodbye, Dolly Gray
It's no use to ask me why, Dolly Gray
There's a murmur in the air, you can hear it everywhere
It is the time to do and dare, Dolly Gray

Don't you hear the tramp of feet, Dolly Gray
Sounding through the village street, Dolly Gray
'Tis the tramp of soldiers' true in their uniforms so blue
I must say goodbye to you, Dolly Gray

Goodbye Dolly I must leave you, though it breaks my heart to go
Something tells me I am needed at the front to fight the foe
See, the boys in blue are marching and I can no longer stay
Hark, I hear the bugle calling, Goodbye Dolly Gray

Hear the rolling of the drums, Dolly Gray
Back from war the regiment comes, Dolly Gray
On your lovely face so fair, I can see a look of fear
For your soldier boy's not there, Dolly Gray

For the one you love so well, Dolly Gray
In the midst of battle fell, Dolly Gray
With his face toward the foe, as he died he murmured low
"I must say goodbye and go, Dolly Gray"

Goodbye Dolly I must leave you, though it breaks my heart to go
Something tells me I am needed at the front to fight the foe
See, the boys in blue are marching and I can no longer stay
Hark, I hear the bugle calling, Goodbye Dolly Gray

mujun

PistolPete said:
Does anyone have any more details on survival mode? Do you pick any map or are only specific maps allowed?

What a great game. Totally worth the money.

The 1st campaign one is a nice open layout with heaps of hardpoints. An armored train rolls by dropping units or just blowing your emplacements up. The goal seems to be to survive rounds until it's dead. Haven't opened the campaign+ version yet.

Langemark+ has me well and truly beaten (going for general rank). I just can't seem to get cash fast enough to get my mortars beefed up, and the odd soldier still manages to sneak through the barbed wire / gas while I'm not looking.

Did they hide a tank somewhere that I can't see? :(

mujun

This game is really friggin good online. The amount of options and action is just plain fun. Pity the netcode is busted, hopefully they will patch it.

ZeMMiK

just beat that uber tank, I drove my tank on the field and blow it in pieces.
Not a lot of activity on this thread.

NewBrof

best TD in a long time... I put it above Plants vs. Zombies, because there is so much going on during fights, not just waitng for the next wave and fixing towers... and the setting is beautiful. A bit sad that there is no multiplayer mode with bots...

witness

Bought this the other day, is freaking amazing. The style is just fantastic, I use to play with these toys when I was a kid so I just have a smile on my face the entire time. Worth every penny.

Top Bottom