• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were no "vague" claims.

They were as crystal clear as they could possibly be, it didn't gain the nickname "Project Fear" for no reason.

Even the the business secretary was shying away from the claims he made (Javid)

Still going on with the hyperbole against leave voters?

Of course it gained the name 'Project Fear' there were lots of warnings. Warnings can be dismissed as 'scaremongering' in favour of emotive triumphalism. Easy peasy, job done, OH FUCK NOW WHAT.

And I'm not going at all leave voters, I'm going on at the idiocy of saying 'both campaigns were as bad as each other', especially when said by people who apparently bought one campaign's bullshit hook line and sinker.

*Splinter

They were as crystal clear as they could possibly be, it didn't gain the nickname "Project Fear" for no reason.

It was given the nickname "Project Fear" because that's a super handy sound bite for the Leave campaign that allowed them to dismiss any and all warnings from Remain.

OnkelC

Hail to the Chef
UK Votes to Leave the EU IOT2I This Was Their Finest Hour

UK Votes to Leave the EU IOT2I Little Britain

UK Votes to Leave the EU IOT2I Scot Free

Morat

Banned

The stay people hyped up the awful consequences of leaving the EU. Awful consequences are already happening. Furthermore, pigfucker talked about the role of the EU in maintaning peace in Europe. The WW3 thing was tabloid hype seized upon by the leave campaign.

Tommy DJ

FTSE 250 tanking like hell, homebuilders getting pounded by the pound in realtime.

Cl9IleeWYAAnmCR.jpg:large

Of course it gained the name 'Project Fear' there were lots of warnings. Warnings can be dismissed as 'scaremongering' in favour of emotive triumphalism. Easy peasy, job done, OH FUCK NO WHAT.

And I'm not going at all leave voters, I'm going on at the idiocy of saying 'both campaigns were as bad as each other', especially when said by people who apparently bought one campaign's bullshit hook line and sinker.

What about the pensioner hating other side? It works both ways.

One thing I find curious about this is where are all the protests ? When I think back to the Scottish referendum the next day there were huge protests/demonstrations from the Independence campaign. I would've expected there to be huge protests from the remain side about all this.

Zaph

Everyone at work is still in a haze. There are so many other battles we need to fight as a nation right now, that if we manage to keep our EU membership, we're still setting ourselves back decades.

I think I need another Brexiter to tell me we need unity and everything will be fine.

Go_Ly_Dow

Currently £673 in the shitter unless the pound picks up before I move to Japan.

At suggestions as to when I should convert my cash to JPY?

Aki-at

UK votes to Leave the EU |OT2| Bojo's Bizarre Adventure

-edit- Cake is a Lie is pretty glorious

This is the best one haha.

The only good thing from this mess is the amount of comedy it's unleashed for distant future generations. It'd be funny if not for being tragic.

What about the pensioner hating other side? It works both ways.

Yes, I dislike that too. Funnily enough I dislike the Leave arguments more because they, in the end, have far more sway now, sadly.

There was shit on both sides, and still is. That does not mean both sides are equal, in any sense. Leave had its true faithful, and then it had a lot of utter horseshit (and talk about scaremongering, just read the Express or the Mail or the Sun about immigration, any day, past 20+ years, for fuck's sake) for the rest.

Xun

Then there will be no forgiveness for the Brexiter cunts.
Pretty much.

They've made me embarrassed to be English.

For that reason I'm half tempted to make a "Don't blame me, I voted to remain" t-shirt for when I go to Italy next week.

The fact I'll be associated with such stupidity is upsetting.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Cheap housing ftw.

That's... not really how it works. Share prices reflect profit expectations. Profit can fall either because of reduced demand or increased costs. In this case, I'd expect both - cost of materials will increase and you'll have less money to pay for it with.

EDIT: Unless you mean the existing housing stock will be cheaper, which is probably true.

Hazzuh

I'm hearing Heathrow runway 3 and Hinkley Point C power station are probably dead? If true that's £40 billion in investment down the drain.

Hasney

One thing I find curious about this is where are all the protests ? When I think back to the Scottish referendum the next day there were huge protests/demonstrations from the Independence campaign. I would've expected there to be huge protests from the remain side about all this.

They were planned, they got fucked over by the organisers who didn't have enough conviction.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...uences-latest-news-remain-leave-a7105256.html

A protest against Britain’s decision to vote to Leave is in disarray after its organisers changed it to give more support to Brexit.

The “London stays” event – which was joined by events across the country such as “Oxford stays” – had become far and away the most popular protest against the British vote to leave, with over 50,000 people saying they would go and another 86,000 interested in doing so. But it has now changed its name to “Stand Together”, and embraced what appears to be a far more accepting approach to those who voted Leave.

Zelias

Banned
UK Votes To Leave the EU |OT2| Racism is up and the Pound is down

UK Votes To Leave the EU |OT2| I proposed this OT title, I didn't think I'd get it

UK Votes To Leave The EU |OT2| 350m regrets a week

UK Votes To Leave The EU |OT2| Make pillows British again!

UK Votes To Leave The EU |OT2| ReLeaved it's all over?

UK Votes to Leave the EU IOT2I We Did it, Boris. We saved the Union!

Christ when you're checking a news website every five minutes hammering f5 faster than a speeding bullet...but this won't be quick no matter which way things go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom