• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The UK votes to leave the European Union

Status
Not open for further replies.
There were no "vague" claims.

They were as crystal clear as they could possibly be, it didn't gain the nickname "Project Fear" for no reason.

Even the the business secretary was shying away from the claims he made (Javid)

They were vague. Unless you only read tabloid headlines. Also congratulations on completely ignoring the main point of my post, deliberately no doubt.

aDG35vd_460s_v1.jpg

no no no no no
too much
poe's law, stupid version

Chinner

Banned
I'm hearing Heathrow runway 3 and Hinkley Point C power station are probably dead? If true that's £40 billion in investment down the drain.
Wow, a great victory for Leave! By ridding ourselves of that additional runway there will be less ways for immigrants to get into this country. In addition, those native folk will get a good nights rest.

BahamutPT

While Article 50 is in limbo are we still entitled to EU funding?

I believe all Treaties and EU laws will only cease to apply once the exit process is completed - 2 years after triggering Article 50 or once an agreement is reached. I think funding (and the UK paying contributions to the EU) is still on the table until then.

nOoblet16

They were planned, they got fucked over by the organisers who didn't have enough conviction.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/u...uences-latest-news-remain-leave-a7105256.html
Those "cityxstays" events were not protests..those were gatherings to celebrate culture...we had one in Liverpool organised for tomorrow where people were invited to bring their country's flags, food, games , music etc and celebrate in the midst of this....indoors in a hall.

Local newspaper reported it as protest and hence the organisers postponed it because they expected Leavers would swarm the event and it would cause problems. Now they are trying to arrange it by informing the police and emergency services first.

eEK!

Neo Member
Err... hostile?

Yes, hostile.

To continue the dumb landlord analogy, we would need to ask the landlord's solicitor to decide whether the verbal notification to leave is equivalent to a written notification.

The main point to remember is that we have a collection of laws not a constitution.

AHA-Lambda

UK Votes to Leave the EU IOT2I It's The End of the World (Economy) As We Know It

UK Votes to Leave the EU IOT2I It's not over yet, Scotland's about to bugger off too!

theaface

One thing I find curious about this is where are all the protests ? When I think back to the Scottish referendum the next day there were huge protests/demonstrations from the Independence campaign. I would've expected there to be huge protests from the remain side about all this.

There's a gathering in Trafalgar Square tomorrow afternoon. Facebook event currently shows about 50k planning to attend.

AHA-Lambda

UK Votes to Leave the EU IOT2I Guys it ok, we took back control! Right? Right???

One thing I find curious about this is where are all the protests ? When I think back to the Scottish referendum the next day there were huge protests/demonstrations from the Independence campaign. I would've expected there to be huge protests from the remain side about all this.

I know of 2 protests in scotland planned for wednesday

Hasney

Those "cityxstays" events were not protests..those were gatherings to celebrate culture...we had one in Liverpool organised for tomorrow where people were invited to bring their country's flags, food, games , music etc and celebrate in the midst of this....indoors in a hall.

Local newspaper reported it as protest and hence the organisers postponed it because they expected Leavers would swarm the event and it would cause problems. Now they are trying to arrange it by informing the police and emergency services first.

Heh, and even that Independent story says they were pro-remain events. Good to know.

Moosichu

Wow, a great victory for Leave! By ridding ourselves of that additional runway there will be less ways for immigrants to get into this country. In addition, those native folk will get a good nights rest.

Hinkley Point was a complete waste of money though. Not crying over that loss.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
Game of Thones is looking relatively tame at this point, I'm just waiting for Blairys Targaryen to claim the Silver Mace at the head of an army of dragons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom