• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter |OT| A first person murder mystery (PC)

Vintage

Steam page shows 3 hours until unlock, game page shows 15h. I assume if I buy it on Steam, I'll be able to play it in 3 h?

Corpekata

Banned
The game's website is bugged. If you, for instance, sit on the page, it'll crawl down to 15 hrs 30 minutes. Refresh the page, and it'll go back to 15 hours 33 minutes. So yeah, trust the Steam store timer.

UnrealEck

Their game isn't finished and it only has a couple of hours until the advertised release?
I understand they want to squash any bugs, but all games will have bugs even after several patches after release. The term 'finished' is obviously never going to be an absolute 100% state.

dex3108

Their game isn't finished and it only has a couple of hours until the advertised release?
I understand they want to squash any bugs, but all games will have bugs even after several patches after release. The term 'finished' is obviously never going to be an absolute 100% state.

They are small team and they want to fix important bugs there is nothing wrong with that. At least they are honest.

Just a few screenshots taken by DeadEndThrills:

vanishing01.png

Looks perty.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Oh this was a bit out of the blue. Gamescom put this on my radar but as my son will be hogging the Ps4 with fifa tomorrow, this will be a nice alternative. Actually hoping it isn't too long.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I'm hoping more creepy-wandering Alan Wake and less shooting-hobos-in-the-forest Alan Wake

My favorite parts of that game was the beginnings of the night segments, where everything is dark and spooky before any enemies show up. So yeah, I'm hoping for more of that from this game.

Vlodril

not really thrilled that they feel there are bugs important enough to delay launch (very last minute notice not the delaying , better to delay than releasing a broken game).

Still relatively excited. We ll see.

GavinUK86

Mini-FAQ on the Release of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter
When will the game be released?
The plan was to release at 7pm Warsaw time (10am Valve time :). Doing what we can but we might be a few hours late. The game is 99.99% done, but that 0.01% is bothering us because it’s bugs we KNOW about it and we can’t in good conscience publish the game with that knowledge.

Why no pre-load yet?
It’s simply because everyone is 100% busy (not really sleeping for the last three weeks) with the core game itself, and preparing and launching the pre-load is not just a click of a button. As soon as the build is ready we will try to unleash the pre-load (although, again, being honest here, that may turn out to be a regular “load”, i.e. the full release).

I have pre-ordered through the widget, why didn't I get the key yet?
I am sending the keys to Humble asap and will take down pre-order widgets too to make sure it all goes smoothly (for a few hours you’ll still be able to pre-order from Steam or GOG directly).

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.
Coming from a mainly AAA background, I find it pretty crazy that they are fixing bugs that will be integrated minutes before the release goes out to the customer.

Top Bottom