• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter |OT| A first person murder mystery (PC)

Guri

I wish they'd hire a few more Twitter managers and a few less coders. When its this down to the wire I want updates every ten minutes.

Ideally that would work, but they have to fix it while looking for other things that might break. So a tweet posted, say, one minute ago, could be already outdated. And before the next tweet is made, they fix another thing, but when they're about to tweet again, it can break. The final development hours are quite hectic.

Ideally that would work, but they have to fix it while looking for other things that might break. So a tweet posted, say, one minute ago, could be already outdated. And before the next tweet is made, they fix another thing, but when they're about to tweet again, it can break. The final development hours are quite hectic.

Yeah, so just quit fixing it, and man the twitter page full time, to update us regularly and tell us when it isn't coming. In any case, I'm being sarcastic due to the previous posters need for constant updates while they are trying to finish.

it would be at least 10 x 10 speeds. when i was looking for my company's internet service, businesses who rely somewhat on the internet, will get at 10x10 at the least.

artsi

m8uDhOR.png

Yeah just normal stuff, missing releases like usual... Taking it pretty lightly it seems.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I dont know guys....should i preorder or what??? Any impressions. Ahhhhhhh i dont have much time.

There won't be very many impressions at all. I think TB is one of the few who has had any time with the game, as the devs have yet to send any code out to either customers or reviewers yet. They've been cutting it a bit too close and overshot the deadline by a bit.

~Kinggi~

Banned
There won't be very many impressions at all. I think TB is one of the few who has had any time with the game, as the devs have yet to send any code out to either customers or reviewers yet. They've been cutting it a bit too close and overshot the deadline by a bit.

What did TB think?

zXe

I'm waiting for impressions, something just seems dodgy about the whole thing. Plus there hasn't been a whole lot of information about this game.

Das-J

Law of the West
Super excited for this game.
- Good dev team (People Can Fly)
- I love the setting
- Great price
- Perfect release timing - Early Fall/Halloween release matches the game's setting, but it's early enough to avoid the holiday rush competition.

I really hope it turns out well!
Agree on all counts - This looks fantastic!

UnrealEck

yeah, missing release dates ON the release date is a pretty regular occurence

It said on the game's store page 5pm (my time) and it was delayed.
It then shortly after said 10pm and it was again delayed.
Then it took another hour.

During this time they barely communicated.

That and he didn't say 'date'.

First time I've ever seen something like this. Usually games are ready before release. They didn't want to launch in Oct for obvious reasons so maybe thats why...

Super excited for this game.
- Good dev team (People Can Fly)
- I love the setting
- Great price
- Perfect release timing - Early Fall/Halloween release matches the game's setting, but it's early enough to avoid the holiday rush competition.

I really hope it turns out well!

Aren't People Can Fly the devs from the whole Albert Penello "dont know'em" debacle?

EDIT
Oh yeah they are, almost one year ago, good times, good times...Penello hadn't even heard of them...

It's insane how excited I am to play this. Since that first obscure concept art appeared it's been a highly anticipated adventure. Let's just hope it's not botched by shallow gameplay.

Also, wow @ their ineptitude with releasing this.

Excuse me for my ignorance on the matter but aren't games usually up on Steam ready to go and unlocked right at release time?

Some people are making it sound like they just forgot to upload the build for the release window

MattyG

Banned
Anyone know about how long it takes them to upload to Steam? I think the download is going to be 4 or 6gb with a 10gb install. What are we looking at here, another half hour or so?

Excuse me for my ignorance on the matter but aren't games usually up on Steam ready to go and unlocked right at release time?

Some people are making it sound like they just forgot to upload the build for the release window

That's usually how it works, yeah. This however is coming straight out of the oven as you can see from their tweets.

That's usually how it works, yeah. This however is coming straight out of the oven as you can see from their tweets.

Strange. Never seen it happen like that before, to have a game (seemingly) come straight from development to launch. Then again who knows what happens behind the scenes with devs I guess

Strange. Never seen it happen like that before, to have a game (seemingly) come straight from development to launch. Then again who knows what happens behind the scenes with devs I guess

I've never seen it go down like this either, but as you say, I'm not sure how many devs would even admit to it if/when it does happen.

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
If it gets released today i will put up a stream. Both so people can get some footage and also help me as I am sure I will get stuck.

~Kinggi~

Banned
I've never seen it go down like this either, but as you say, I'm not sure how many devs would even admit to it if/when it does happen.

I imagine it must be much more common with steam and indie devs. I know Divinity was worked on up until launch day. Most games are with Day One patches.

I imagine it must be much more common with steam and indie devs. I know Divinity was worked on up until launch day. Most games are with Day One patches.

Divinity, yes that's right. Another last minute one. It surprised me to hear they were doing voice-over recording like a week before the game shipped. I'd never heard of such a thing.

Top Bottom