• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Vanishing of Ethan Carter |OT| A first person murder mystery (PC)

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Downloading here. I didn't have to restart the client, just reloading the store page made the button appear.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
And away we go!

ZGLeNKW.png

Allocating now. Seguing to the download process - 5.7 GB.

This game is exciting me. Odd choice for last minute pre-ship polish prior to publish, I must say. 13 minutes to go...

Karak

Can't wait to hear you guys impressions of it! I want this and if these are good, I'm getting it. :D

Its great. I did some lets plays for the company a week or so ago. I had 1 bug and that was easily fixed and has been fixed in the final release. It is frankly amazing looking and has one of the most intoxicating atmospheres I have experienced in a game.
One thing I dug was the puzzle set up. It was a bit unorthodox and the main characters powers are as well. Really made it interesting to play.

For anyone interested but not sure they want to buy. Here is my lets play from a week ago. It ends with a bug which is gone now. Lets Play Ethan Carter
Audio is a bit quiet.

Can anyone who has downloaded the game that bought it directly through Steam check to see where the pre-order bonuses are? The store page makes no mention of them at all now so it's kind of confusing.

Corpekata

Banned
Can anyone who has downloaded the game that bought it directly through Steam check to see where the pre-order bonuses are? The store page makes no mention of them at all now so it's kind of confusing.

Browse Local Files from library tab, it'll bring up the game's files and they're all in seperate folders.

Haunted

Keeping an eye on this thread for impressions (while avoiding spoilers, good luck me).

Interested in game length, the openness of the world and the depth of the deductive reasoning (if actual player thought is required, which is the hope, or it falls short of the ambition and leads the player by hand through its logic, like Murdered did).

BraXzy

I've not looked too much into the game but it looked super interesting from the first time I spotted it so I've just bought and installed it. Playing now!

c0Zm1c

Mine is still downloading (crummy UK broadband) but there's individual folders for the pre-order content in the download folder.

GavinUK86

4 minutes to go until download is complete. Now to decide if I should go to bed now, considering it's 1am, and play it tomorrow or just stay up a few more hours.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
4 minutes to go until download is complete. Now to decide if I should go to bed now, considering it's 1am, and play it tomorrow or just stay up a few more hours.
Same here, although it's earlier for me. Kinda sleepy already so I should probably leave it for tomorrow. :(

Gorgeous game and I will say, even from the little bit I just played, they are right in saying that it doesn't hold you hand. I like that when you start the game for the first time, it tells you that it will not hold you hand.

MattyG

Banned
This is going to be the longest download wait ever. I was going at a steady 1.5 mb/s, now I'm all over the place all the way down to 300kb/s sometimes. Quit toying with me, ISP.

Karak

Keeping an eye on this thread for impressions (while avoiding spoilers, good luck me).

Interested in game length, the openness of the world and the depth of the deductive reasoning (if actual player thought is required, which is the hope, or it falls short of the ambition and leads the player by hand through its logic, like Murdered did).

Openess of world. Most of it is based on trails but you can go somewhat away from the beaten bath but its not GTA.

The puzzles do not hold your hand at all.

d00d3n

I did some testing with the official Bulletstorm SLI compatibility bit (0x02402005) (force afr2) and a SGSSAA compatibility bit that worked for me in Bulletstorm (0x080000C1). Used a 3570k@4.6, 8 gigs ram, 2x780 SLI, win7.

4xSGSSAA seemed to work in the intro area, but the result was not perfect. For example, there is some kind of lighting effect on the rail that you follow that had very noticeable jaggies.

The SLI compatibility bit gives a clear performance boost on my setup. Avg fps was 45 in FRAPS without, and 70 with. This is using the 4xSGSSAA of course.

I haven't tested this past the very first moments in the intro, so I can't say anything about bugs, crashes or other side effects of using sgssaa and sli.

-Deimos

lol stuck already. Very first mystery spoiler:
Are we supposed to solve anything with the body before moving on?

Some of the voice acting really cripples the mood. The main narrator dude is great but other characters sound a bit shitty and it pulled me out of the moment

Top Bottom