• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead: 400 Days DLC |OT| (400) Days of Zombies

Mazre

Awesome bit of DLC and a nice warm up for what looks to be another fun season of TWD.

My results:

Vince
Shot Danny, dude had 'Ben' written all over him. Yeah Justin is probably a complete snake but at least I know what I'm dealing with.

Shel
Spared the trespasser, figured there was no guarantee that killing him would guarantee the groups safety and killing him just didn't seem right, got the heck out of dodge when it was clear that things were going south quickly at the diner.

Bonnie
Brained Debbie thinking she was a hostile, told Leland the truth, also most importantly, Team Lobster Claws <clack> <clack>

Wyatt
Lost rock paper scissors and tried to save the cop, Justin bailed on me and I had to run off

Russell
Hid from the truck (sad cameo =( ), left Nate when he decided to execute/rob the old farts, guy was absolutely unhinged

Epilogue
Convinced everyone to follow to the settlement

Dram

Kind of wished Vince would have gone as well. Would really like to see why he shot that guy.

Had something to do with
Vince's brother.

Are the two guard zombies in Shel's segment the
old couple that were killed in Russell's segment?

Epilogue
Convinced everyone to follow to the settlement

So I guess just the Epilogue choices determine who goes or not?

Is this game up on Steam already? I check my episode status, and it says that 400 days is "coming soon". Also, for whatever reason, every other episode says installed next to it except episode one.

Damaniel

Banned
ughh, 47 of 48 achievements. That's really bothering me. Just need to go back and win RPS.

Vince: Killed the money laundering dude. I felt like the supposed child molester was telling the truth.

Wyatt: Ended up having to go outside and I tried to drag the body back

Shel: Let the dude go, and ran off on the RV

Russell: Left Nate at the end

Bonnie: Told Leland the truth.

Bonnie and Shel decided to go. This got me hyped for Season 2. I didn't care much for Wyatt or Russell. Bonnie and Shel are the two I wanted to go. Kind of wished Vince would have gone as well. Would really like to see why he shot that guy.

This is exactly how my game ended up, except that I missed one additional achievement (
Reunited
).

Not a very long DLC, but I wasn't expecting it to be. I thought it was totally worth $5.

Mazre

Had something to do with
Vince's brother.

Are the two guard zombies in Shel's segment the
old couple that were killed in Russell's segment?
Think so yes
So I guess just the Epilogue choices determine who goes or not?

Not sure, may be a combination of the mini-chapters and the epilogue stuff.

Mdeezy

wow at the
"spook"
comment from the
old guy
. That caught me off guard.

I dont think that counts as a spoiler but I know certain people dont want anything spoiled.

McDougles

Just finished it 3 separate times: 1 for one half of the decisions, 2 for other half, and 3 for going as silent as possible. There's only 2 "chapters" in which going silent is either noticeable or creates much dialogue differences,
other than being silent and not choosing whether or not to save the thief in Shel's chapter.

Vince's Chapter:
Worst chapter, imo. Not much character development, too straightforward in the events, but necessary to show the start of the apocalypse. Shortest chapter at 10 minutes. Silence does nothing but speed up the events. Doesn't mean that Vince is a bad character, necessarily, but if he's brought in for Season 2 I'd like to know more of the back story. Shel and Becca outside the bus was the external chapter tie-in.

Wyatt's Chapter:
Bro-tier chapter. Conversation choices hiding in the fog create multiple funny situations and convo branches (including farting, puns, chirping, etc.). Rock-paper-scissors was an interesting way to move the plot development. Going silent made you seem judgmental to Eddie, giving silence a purpose in the story. Nate chasing after you was the external chapter tie-in, but we don't know why. Upset that the choice was to either go out there or stay in the car, instead of saving the cop or not. Hopefully both characters are involved in TWD in the future.

Russell's Chapter:
Action-tier chapter. Nod to Season 1 if you decide to hide by lying beside either Carly or Doug's decomposing body. This Easter egg is avoidable if you stand your ground, which I did in my first playthrough. Russell might be the worst character in terms of what he brings to the story, kind of being pushed along by the plot. Going silent will result in Nate driving away, who then turns around and returns to pick you up after you are swarmed by walkers. Being silent in the car actually makes you look toughest to Nate, and will be sorry for trying to mess with you. Silence is a legitimate option. The shootout option includes the chance to aim at Nate and an action to shoot at him. Instead, Nate will take the gun from you and trust you completely, which makes no sense. Killing the police guard walker (from Vince's chapter) will affect whether or not Bonnie wakes up to see him later is nice, but unnecessary. Plus, if it's 36 days before Bonnie's chapter, why is the zombie only over there and not further away? Biggest bullshit choice in the game, as you don't know how you answer will result in staying with Nate. In fact, the UI says that Nate chose to keep you along.

Bonnie Chapter:
"What's in the bag?" tier. The conversations in the early part have no bearing on the story, so what's the point? It took me the third time playing through to realize that the "bandits" attacking you was Shel's crew (as noted by some voices, but also them "losing a flashlight in the cornfields"), which is either impressive storytelling or me being dumb and not seeing in the first time. The running through the crops was the only part of the game beyond mildly challenging. It was fun. I liked the new additions to gameplay in both Russell and Bonnie's chapters, including pulling the rebar out of the ground. Being silent up to hitting Dee meant nothing, but staying quiet to Leland as she sees Dee's corpse counts as being honest with Leland, which is bullshit. Omission should not count as honesty, and is a faulty choice system. That said, I liked Bonnie's character second best of the bunch. Would love to know more about her going forward, especially in her junkie past.

Shel Chapter:
Top tier. Longest chapter of the game at 20 minutes, it's also the most fully fleshed out. Nolan was totally a Daniel St. John reskin, right? Anyways, keeping silent after Becca's sweet guitar jamz brought dialogue from Stephanie, but otherwise keeping silent didn't do much, with one exception. You can choose to either kill the bandit, or let him go. Choosing neither gives Nolan the vote, which then allowed him to be free.
I would love someone to verify if that happens 100% of the time, or if he flip flops on his choice.
Back to spoilers, this choice isn't registered for the end, but resulting in Boyd dying gave importance to choice yet again. Liked the nod to Vernon and Brie (apparent contest winner to get into season 1). Tie-in with old people from Russell's chapter as their Watch_Dogs. Choice to leave or stay made more logical sense depending on your first choice to kill the bandit or let him go, which to me I didn't truly like, but will allow it.

Ending:
Largely dependent on your choices, as well as what Tavia says about finding lost members. Silence is a legit option that might play into the northern encampment group events, as you can get away with saying how many are at the camp. It may play into whether or not Tavia was truly successful regardless of who comes with. I got only Bonnie to go the first time, everyone on the second time, and everyone but Russell the last time.

Overall: Same great storytelling, same gameplay style but with added features, same save state problems, and a truly god-awful amount of glitches. Doug was floating off the ground, graphic flickering, had Shel and Becca standing through the table playing Go Fish, loading problems.

I played Season 1 on my iPad, but I had to delete to make space (2.9GB!)
Is 400 Days worth playing if I don't have my saves from Season 1 anymore? How much do S1 choices affect 400 Days?

aristotle

The Wyatt part is the best. All the different branching convos are funny. "Sure as you don't take ecstasy with a prostitute sure!"

I couldn't for the life of me LOSE the RPS game. I've played it 6 times trying to lose since I never got to see that part and I win every single time. Blah. Oh well. It sucks.

Paranerd

Neo Member
I'm likely wrong on this, but in Vince's story...

I thought that Vince killed Lee's brother. The man Lee murdered prior to Walking Dead Episode 1 was Vince's brother and that he was now out for revenge. Seeing the pharmacy again made that cross my mind.

Chairhome

Only got the ladies to come with me to the camp
A bit disappointed in my outcome, but I'm sticking with it. This got me pumped though! Let's go, Season 2!

I was in the minority: Shel killed stephanie (kind of a repentance for letting the guy go and having him come back and attack)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
My results:

Wyatt:
Lost Rock, Paper, Scissors, got out of the car. Tried to rescue the cop, got swarmed by Walkers, saw the truck approaching, bolted

Shel:
Let the guy go back to his camp, decided not to kill Stephanie

Russell:
Didn't hide from the truck, refused to hurt the old people, told Nate to fuck himself

Bonnie:
Told the truth, kept saying "I'm sorry" and "It was an accident"

Vince:
Was honest about what I did and not a dick. Ended up shooting the possible rapist. I mean, I liked his character more, and kinda hope he was innocent, but if he's not I couldn't really justify keeping a rapist with me instead of a guy who stole a bunch of money

Epilogue:
Wyatt and Russell stayed at the camp, Shel/Becca, Bonnie, and Vince left with the lady.

I really liked this DLC. I got to know the characters enough, there were some actual tough decisions and I already care about what happens to them (though not as much as my S1 crew obviously). I wish there were more and can't wait for S2 now, I suppose that was the whole point to begin with!

These were my choices exactly and
everyone left with Tavia.
I would like more information on what triggers these decisions.

I really liked playing as Russell. This DLC was neat but there wasn't enough meat on the bones. This is more like an amuse bouche, I guess, and I'm still waiting for the first course. Consider my bouche amused, but I feel like I hardly did anything.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I'm most impressed by how badly everyone is butchering names. Nolan, Debby, Jessica (wtf?), etc. lol.

I'm likely wrong on this, but in Vince's story...

I thought that Vince killed Lee's brother. The man Lee murdered prior to Walking Dead Episode 1 was Vince's brother and that he was now out for revenge. Seeing the pharmacy again made that cross my mind.

A telephone pole fell on Lee's brother. Lee killed a senator or governor (don't remember) that was sleeping with his wife.

aristotle

These were my choices exactly and
everyone left with Tavia.
I would like more information on what triggers these decisions.

I really liked playing as Russell. This DLC was neat but there wasn't enough meat on the bones. This is more like an amuse bouche, I guess, and I'm still waiting for the first course. Consider my bouche amused, but I feel like I hardly did anything.

Epilogue spoiler & decisions that affect outcome:
For Wyatt I don't think it really matters. For Russel, leave that nutjob. For Bonnie, be honest with Leland. For Vince, go with the white collar guy Justin. For Shel, don't kill your friend and leave with the RV. In the Epilogue make sure you get Tavia to tell Russel that he may find people there he knows. That's how you finally get everyone to join up.

Well, just finished.

Vince's story:
Shot the rapist.
Shel's story:
Killed Stephanie after letting the guy go. It was really great to see the cancer (?) survivor group from S1 again. They even mentioned Vernon and Bree which was cool.
Russell's story:
Ditched Nate, didn't kill the walker.
Wyatt's story:
I stayed in the car while Eddie checked out the "guy" we hit. I had no idea how to grab Eddie before taking off so I just went and that was the choice I was stuck with.
Bonnie's story:
Told the truth. Curious about what's in the bag, though.

Epilogue:
Everyone but Russell and Shel/Becca came. Sucks 'cause those were my two favorites out of the stories. Gotta play through again and try to get everybody, or at least those two + Bonnie (for black bag purposes, if she's the key).

Achievement wise:
Missed Reunion. Guessing I've gotta hide as Russell to see the body of the person who died in S1?

Posted in the spoiler thread but I guess people are using this instead?

I played them all in chronological order (since their teaser vines revealed the order). I thought all except the last one were a bit too short and the pacing was rushed. Not having context of who the people are and already having to make decisions about them, having them be "action packed" (not exactly the strong point of the game) due to their short length, and having virtually no control over the speed at which things progress. Frustrating.

Vince's chapter was ok, but since you're just sitting in one spot the whole time, didn't feel like you had any influence over it. Choices basically amounted to if you wanted to learn the backstory of characters you'll probably never see again. I shot off Danny's foot. Didn't really care about either of them, but eh, it was Danny's idea to use the gun in the first place.

Wyatt's chapter probably the worst as far as dropping you in with no context. Their banter back and forth was amusing, but I honestly couldn't tell what they were doing beyond "shot a guy, running away now". I couldn't figure out how to get out of the car. Didn't know it was an option. Died a few times here because I couldn't find the one prompt you're supposed to do fast enough. I did like playing rock paper scissors though, nothing beats rock!

Russell's chapter felt the most railroaded. You're stuck with an obviously shitty person, you're even given the option to shoot him, but you can't actually do so. I do like how Vince is super distrusting of strangers in the epilogue (for me at least?) after the events of this. Was nice to see Carley again, lol.

Bonnie's chapter, I thought the corn field stuff was an interesting change of pace to the action segment, though I called the "person sneaking up on you is actually Dee" and didn't do anything to them the first time ...and she shot me. So hey, it was either her or me, man! Was honest about it to Leland (and earlier tried to make it so the game "knew" I wasn't interested in him, not sure if that took or not).

Shel's chapter was the one that felt properly fleshed out, didn't start with a "oh shit what do we do!" moment, let the characters interact for a few minutes in relative peace while you learn who the hell they are, then shit goes down. I didn't kill the guy who couldn't speak English. Was kind of annoyed the "he should stay here" option was brushed off the table without letting me argue for it. Damn racist old cancer lady! Then suggested we leave instead of killing Stephanie, I liked that when Becca was like "screw that I'll kill her", you can call her on that and she can't do it. Would have preferred some way to bust Stephanie out of there, or at least have the characters regret having to leave her to die...

Got everyone to go with me in the epilogue, Russell was the only one against it, but I lured him in with not-promises of seeing his family again. Yeah we totally went up to Statesboro...

SickBoy

Enjoyed this.

Interesting how many of the characters seemed to be intertwined before they actually wound up together:

1) Cop from Wyatt's section appears to be one of the watchdogs at the diner. Is it possible Shel's group is the one after them?

2) I suspect the bandits the senior couple in Russell's game are Shel's group. My wife posed the question of whether Roman and Russell's group was ultimately the same one (with whatever additions/substractions that may have happened in the intervening months -- noting that magic number of members: 7). I think it's the former.

3) Obviously the Shel/Roman group were the people chasing Bonnie and co. in her story.

zallaaa

Does somebody have a save file with only Vince left to play (I don't care about the choices)? It seems they didn't solve the fuckfest that was the save system so it didn't save my game and now I should replay from the beginning with no desire at all to repeat the same things...

I cant remember how to grt my 360 controller working with this game on pc. M controller is on and working(navigating Big Picture), but in-game its all mouse and keyboard and I dont see the option to switch anywhere. Any help?

Chairhome

Epilogue spoiler & decisions that affect outcome:
For Wyatt I don't think it really matters. For Russel, leave that nutjob. For Bonnie, be honest with Leland. For Vince, go with the white collar guy Justin. For Shel, don't kill your friend and leave with the RV. In the Epilogue make sure you get Tavia to tell Russel that he may find people there he knows. That's how you finally get everyone to join up.

This is not correct.
I killed stephanie and she still went with Tavia. Russell left Nate and he still didn't go. Wyatt didn't go either.

I cant remember how to grt my 360 controller working with this game on pc. M controller is on and working(navigating Big Picture), but in-game its all mouse and keyboard and I dont see the option to switch anywhere. Any help?

Make sure its on before you start the game.

MrOddbird

Neo Member
This was very cool. Sure, the characters don't get that much time, but it gives us the ability to jump between completely different scenes.

Concerning Russel's area:

As soon as I notice the car, I knew something bad was going to happen. If you look closely, you can see that the one of the car's front lights is broken, so I came in conclusion that this was one of the guys chasing Wyatt. I think it was very cool throwing the player in such a situtation.

Con_Smith

Banned
As someone who doesn't really care for being spoiled I think this is the first time I'm actively avoiding them. One thing I want to know though will we see any characters from the comic show?

Dinosur

Played through it tonight and wasn't that super impressed. I think Shel's story was the only one that lasted more than 10 minutes.

Epilogue spoilers that irked me:

I understand why Russell didn't end up coming because I brought him along for the entire ride, but every dialog choice in the final confrontation I did to ease his mind. What really pissed me off is during the entire exchange Vince was all "yeah yeah let's go with her" and then when the credit info rolled, it said he stayed behind with Russell. WTF?

edit:

As soon as I notice the car, I knew something bad was going to happen. If you look closely, you can see that the one of the car's front lights is broken, so I came in conclusion that this was one of the guys chasing Wyatt. I think it was very cool throwing the player in such a situtation.

Ah. That's really cool. I played Russell first so didn't get to notice that.

Sober

This was very cool. Sure, the characters don't get that much time, but it gives us the ability to jump between completely different scenes.

Yeah that's pretty much exactly why I hid without a pause as soon as I saw the prompt.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Trying to get the best ending:
Vince and Russell refused. Russell was brought around by the promise "you might find someone you know". Still can't get Vince to come along. I think shooting the foot off the white collar crime guy and going with the rapist might have screwed me over and I'll have to replay the whole thing. He says Danny made him only trust his group... pretty sure you have to shoot Danny's foot instead. Guide dangit moment.

Still can't get Vince to come along. I think shooting the foot off the white collar crime guy and going with the rapist might have screwed me over and I'll have to replay the whole thing. He says Danny made him only trust his group... pretty sure you have to shoot Danny's foot instead. Guide dangit moment.

Yep, save Justin instead.

bender

What time is it?
Nate is the best thing about this Episode. Still kind of bummed they don't let Russ shoot him.

Dinosur

Trying to get the best ending:
Vince and Russell refused. Russell was brought around by the promise "you might find someone you know". Still can't get Vince to come along. I think shooting the foot off the white collar crime guy and going with the rapist might have screwed me over and I'll have to replay the whole thing. He says Danny made him only trust his group... pretty sure you have to shoot Danny's foot instead. Guide dangit moment.

I'm surprised Russell came around with "you might find someone you know" since his whole reason for being out on his own was to get away from his ever increasing crazy original group.

So on my first playthrough with Bonnie's story, I chose the more flirtatious responses because I thought Leland and Bonnie were by themselves. So I was a bit surprised when Dee showed up. If I had known he was already married, I wouldn't have gone down that path.

On my second playthrough, I checked to see if there were any hints and sure enough you can clearly see Leland's wedding band several times during their conversation.
I like these kinds of subtleties.

So, "Chris Rebbert and the Hand Jobs" is an actual thing (sort of), and Eddie is based on Chris Rebbert. Weird:

http://cerebbert.wordpress.com/tag/chris-rebbert-and-the-hand-jobs/

cr_and_the_hjs.jpg

comparison.jpg

Would be cool if we could bump into Season One characters.

Lilly fled in episode 3 for me in Kenny's car/RV (can't remember what it was)

Yup.

Hmm. I played thru 400 Days last night but can't remember the reference to
Lilly
, could someone refresh my memory? - Also, I do know
Lilly
made a significant appearance in the official comics, which is why I didn't find it odd that
she
never
reappeared
in the TT TWD game.

Edit: also, seems like the Trophies for season two will have more variables to obtaining them, rather than just completing each chapter/episode.
Anyone else miss two of the trophies? Think one was for winning rocks, paper, scissors and I can't recall the other right now

Edit 2: did anyone else play the chapters "out of order" per say? I know they are not numbered, but if you played from left to right - the time frame of the episode increased over the course of the 400 days. I randomly selected them out of order.

IMGF

Neo Member
Finished it. I enjoyed it, was surprised to see that I fell into the minority of people's choices at the end. I didn't let the moral traps stop me from making choices, though, so that may have had something to do with it.

Even still, at endgame I had everyone but Russel leave camp with me and I'm nearly positive that if I replay the epilogue I could get him to come along too since everyone else seemed happy with the idea from the start. But I'm not since I'm interested in seeing how season 2 goes with this set of people and if Russel is actually the person that meets me or if the four that leave are part of my group.

Sarcasm

First non sale purchase on steam will be this. Breaking my rule here about buying only on sale.

it is only five bucks lol

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
I'm surprised Russell came around with "you might find someone you know" since his whole reason for being out on his own was to get away from his ever increasing crazy original group.

It's because
of his grandmother, not that group, and I'm pretty sure that "you might meet someone you know" response is the only way to get him to come along.

Finished it. I enjoyed it, was surprised to see that I fell into the minority of people's choices at the end. I didn't let the moral traps stop me from making choices, though, so that may have had something to do with it.

Even still, at endgame I had everyone but Russel leave camp with me and I'm nearly positive that if I replay the epilogue I could get him to come along too since everyone else seemed happy with the idea from the start. But I'm not since I'm interested in seeing how season 2 goes with this set of people and if Russel is actually the person that meets me or if the four that leave are part of my group.

Yup, should be fine with the dialog choice I mentioned above.

I finished my replay and got 100%.
Vince's personality is completely different after having gone with Justin, lol. Seems like a harsh penalty for what seems like an arbitrary choice. There were lots of good reasons for favoring Danny.

jerry113

Banned
Telltale continues to churn out believable character designs. I like how these videogame characters actually look like real people, despite the cartoonish art style.

Top Bottom