• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 1 - A Telltale Games Series (Steam/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Mac)

Skirn

Finished it earlier today. I'm so glad that I read GAF impressions and listened to this week's Giant Bombcast, otherwise I would've missed out on this. Really well done and surprisingly intense at times. Can't wait for Episode 2!

Spoiler:
I really hope we get a chance to leave that old fart behind in the coming episodes, or better yet: use him as zombie bait. What a dick he was...

Spoiler:
I really hope we get a chance to leave that old fart behind in the coming episodes, or better yet: use him as zombie bait. What a dick he was...
Do you like
my daughter?

Seriously, when he punched you as you were trying to escape, I was like, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, I JUST SAVED YOUR LIFE, YOU CREEP!"

Skirn

Do you like
my daughter?

Seriously, when he punched you as you were trying to escape, I was like, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING, I JUST SAVED YOUR LIFE, YOU CREEP!"

"No!"...
good thing she didn't hear it.
:lol

Heh, I was surprised at how angry I got when he floored Lee... after all that shit with the medicine. Guess that's gramp's role - to piss you off - and Telltale obviously nailed it. Hats off to them.

SmithnCo

Finished it earlier today. I'm so glad that I read GAF impressions and listened to this week's Giant Bombcast, otherwise I would've missed out on this. Really well done and surprisingly intense at times. Can't wait for Episode 2!

Spoiler:

Yeah,
he's a total asshole. They'll probably use that to their advantage with a choice later on. Should be interesting to see how it pans out.

Just finished the first episode and really loved it, hope it stays of this quality the whole way through. But yeah
fuck that old motherfucker, i want to smash his head in. Also lol, saw I was one of the only 21% that saved Doug, you just want your sexy time with that woman! Should never have saved Duck though, that boys brain might be more rotten than the zombies

Just finished the first episode and really loved it, hope it stays of this quality the whole way through. But yeah
fuck that old motherfucker, i want to smash his head in. Also lol, saw I was one of the only 21% that saved Doug, you just want your sexy time with that woman! Should never have saved Duck though, that boys brain might be more rotten than the zombies

Doug
dies for not believing I was joking when I pointed the universal remote at the lock.
Get a sense of humor, man!

As for Duck. That boy ain't right.
And Shawn dies even if you made the correct choice of saving him and leaving Duck to fend for himself. Because Duck's dad swoops in to save Duck and then doesn't help you push the tractor that his boy stupidly ran over Shawn's leg with.

As for Duck. That boy ain't right.
And Shawn dies even if you made the correct choice of saving him and leaving Duck to fend for himself. Because Duck's dad swoops in to save Duck and then doesn't help you push the tractor that his boy stupidly ran over Shawn's leg with.

Ah alright. I was actually thinking about going back and doing the other choice just to see what happened.

voodooray

How are you folks deciding to play this thing? Wait until all chapters are released before replaying different options, or making multiple saves, with the different choices ahead of time?

NeoRausch

playing it atm. man the VA are good! just two minor quirks i have:

1. sometimes the game seems to "stutter"...(looks like some background loading/steaming issue)
2. the reticule is toooo sloooow!

but yeah, beside that episode 1 has been a good ride so far. like it!

How are you folks deciding to play this thing? Wait until all chapters are released before replaying different options, or making multiple saves, with the different choices ahead of time?

i just play, allready made some stupid decisions. maybe i will restarte when the season is complete. we'll see.

Santiako

I'll ride my first desicions to the end. Then maybe I'll replay it with another options.

I'm probably going to just keep to my single playthrough until it's all said-and-done. That way I can do things different in one single swoop instead of just torturing myself by waiting doubly long to see what happens.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA

I've decided I'm just going to wait until all 5 chapters are released, finish my current playthrough, then start a new game and choose differently.

I'm very, very impressed with this first episode so far. Really looking forward to episode 2.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Just finished it and I loved it. Wish Episode 2 was this week haha. I'm going to wait to start another playthrough with different choices.

Anyways it's linear but not in a bad way. Definitely a surprise of a game for me. I'm really impressed.

Glix

Had a much better experience with my second session. No performance issues at all. I really like it a lot.

I just
spent the night on the farm

bubnbob

Banned
Should never have saved Duck though, that boys brain might be more rotten than the zombies

This part was stupid as fuck. I selected the other person but they gave me him instead. I was so pissed. In fact the whole scenario was so off the wall I couldn't take it seriously.

How stupid do you have to be to get RUN OVER BY A TRACTOR and NOT SCREAM FOR HELP when the zombies in the OPEN FIELD at a further distance, nevermind the fact you've just been RUN OVER BY A TRACTOR / RAN SOMEONE OVER WITH A TRACTOR?

Jintor

After turning off all the notifications and shit I'm so scared to make any decisions lol, can't tell what's major, what's minor. Well I mean some stuff is clear as day, but others... man.

Fuck this be tense.

RiZ III

Tried the demo and was sold. Got the season pass. First episode was really good, though it was a bit frustrating that you can't run and hard to figure out what to do sometimes. When are the other episodes supposed to come out?

Poyunch

Tried the demo and was sold. Got the season pass. First episode was really good, though it was a bit frustrating that you can't run and hard to figure out what to do sometimes. When are the other episodes supposed to come out?

Once every month.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Correct it's direct through Telltale, not through Steam.

There used to be a Telltale bundle on Steam which had a ton of games but it looks like that promo's over.

Thanks, guess ill just have to wait for another Bundle to show up at Steam.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Hopefully future episodes perform better on 360, tons of weird stuttering and such.

I only noticed stuttering when the dialogue choices showed up but on my second play through the framerate was really bad. Whether it was dialogue, choices, cutscene. On PS3.

Still love the game, hopefully the framerate issues get resolved in future episodes.

RPGCrazied

From their site. I know its hard to read, but its under "Why is this game episodic? What does that mean?"

5_9_2012_8_28_14_AM.jpg

That's how it's been for like every episodic Telltale game since 2006. There is no reason this would be any different. They haven't missed a month before that I can recall.

^Also what he said. Telltale is one of the few companies that actually delivers on their episodic promises.

Roto13

From their site. I know its hard to read, but its under "Why is this game episodic? What does that mean?"

5_9_2012_8_28_14_AM.jpg

This is the first one anyone has ever actually said it would be monthly based on anything other than previous episodic Telltale games.

Glad they actually have a loose release schedule. I won't be surprised if the next one doesn't come out until early June, though.

This is only tangentially related, but I ended up ordering the first compendium off Amazon the other day. I've only read through the first chapter (probably around 50 pages or so) at this point, but I'm really liking it. I'm looking forward to any potential intersections with the story later on in the game now, as I've got more context on the world and who to keep an eye out for.

Roto13

This is only tangentially related, but I ended up ordering the first compendium off Amazon the other day. I've only read through the first chapter (probably around 50 pages or so) at this point, but I'm really liking it. I'm looking forward to any potential intersections with the story later on in the game now, as I've got more context on the world and who to keep an eye out for.

I can already think of one.

Trigger

No joke: I was stuck on that part for about 15 minutes.

I'm thinking of Shaun, who died/was zombified in the game and appears as a zombie in the comics.

Ah, I forgot about that because of how early into the story that happened. I just remember Lily being involved with the Governor story line.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Seems like the one conversation with the officer in the beginning always glitches out for me (missing audio). Otherwise, entertaining game. Far less exploration than older point n click adventures, but the voice acting is top notch.

Top Bottom