• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 1 - A Telltale Games Series (Steam/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Mac)

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Are their intentions of releasing an episode each month... Or.. Is it whenever they deem necessary?

Edit: Just realized it's set for release sometime in June.. Hopefully the beginning?

I can specifically remember hearing on the Giantbombcast that the episodes were intended to be released at the end of each month, but hopefully this delay of around 2 weeks is only a one off and not a sign of things yet to come. I'd hate the delay to be because of one platforms service/release schedule.

Pandemic

I can specifically remember hearing on the Giantbombcast that the episodes were intended to be released at the end of each month, but hopefully this delay of around 2 weeks is only a one off and not a sign of things yet to come. I'd hate the delay to be because of one platforms service/release schedule.

Oh okay, just noticed that Episode 2 is being released on the Playstation this week, so I wonder when the PC version will follow.

Rikkun

Finally bought it and damn it's good.

On 360 I've had some issues, I guess on PS3 and PC it works fine but whatever, played without the hud and some things were hard to find.

Pretty weird I was between the 20% doing what I did in the second choice.

Jubs

Does the
old man always knock you out no matter what when you're trying to escape the pharmacy? On my first playthrough, I was a complete ass to him, so I suppose it was understandable that he wanted to leave me for dead. But 2nd playthrough, I was nice to his daughter on first meeting, and agreed with him that the kid was probably bitten and needed to be dealt with, and he STILL knocked me out. WTF! I was expecting him to usher me in with open arms. Kinda soured me on the whole "your choices mean something" angle.

Derrick01

Banned
Does the
old man always knock you out no matter what when you're trying to escape the pharmacy? On my first playthrough, I was a complete ass to him, so I suppose it was understandable that he wanted to leave me for dead. But 2nd playthrough, I was nice to his daughter on first meeting, and agreed with him that the kid was probably bitten and needed to be dealt with, and he STILL knocked me out. WTF! I was expecting him to usher me in with open arms. Kinda soured me on the whole "your choices mean something" angle.

I think so and I'm pretty sure the reason why is because of what he tells you during the epilogue right after that moment. Where he
tells you he knows you're a "murderer"

gdt

Does the

But at the end we find out that
he knows who you are. So the punch still stands, I think.

Great to see the game selling great. Played through the first episode with my gf and she enjoyed it.

Not the same
LLShC.gif

pa22word

It'd be pretty weird of them to launch it this week when they'll probably be at E3. Not that I would mind it...

No one's crazy enough to launch during E3 week, especially not someone as small as TT is. It just simply wouldn't get any press, and even if it did it'd be drowned in the title wave of E3 press.

I'm guessing it's launching next tuesday or tuesday after next, honestly.

Kinyou

Where is my seconds episode? :'(

Wouldn't it be fun if it all was just a huge scam? They only made one episode, waited for people to buy the season pass and now they're living the good live in Hong-kong with all those $25 checks.

RPGCrazied

Hmm. Yeah, where is episode 2? Is it late cause of E3? It really sucks for people that put the money up front for the whole season. I thought this was a monthly release, lol.

Roto13

If it's not next week, it'll come after I leave to go visit my family, which means I won't be able to play it until July, which means assdfasdfasdfasdfasdfasdf

Kinyou

Don't go to the gametrailers.com. They uploaded an interview about episode 2. I didn't watch it but the preview image alone seems like a big spoiler.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
I really don't like the radio-silence on this one.

Don't go to the gametrailers.com. They uploaded an interview about episode 2. I didn't watch it but the preview image alone seems like a big spoiler.

Gametrailers is spoiler central for every game. I refuse to go there for anything other than games I know I'm not getting.

RPGCrazied

Late June? So instead of releasing it monthly, its 1 every other month? I wouldn't have got the season pass if I known that. Blah.

This is silly. Was a good chance to get episodic content right but this release schedule is all wrong. So I'll be playing Episode 5 in 2013 possibly? WTF!
Sorry for those expecting news with the bump.

Hambone

Sorry for those expecting news with the bump.

Thanks for nothing. /angryface

I do agree with you, though I pretty much have low expectations when it comes to episodic game content arriving in a timely manner. For Sam and max and Back to the Future I didn't mind waiting 'till the whole season was done, and packaged as a complete game. Didn't have that kind of willpower for The Walking Dead.

daycru

Disappointed in buying this at launch, will have forgotten everything that happened by the time episode 2 drops. I think I'm done with it.

Plasma

Banned
Disappointed in buying this at launch, will have forgotten everything that happened by the time episode 2 drops. I think I'm done with it.

I'm really hoping at the start of each episode they have a previously on the Walking Dead that sums up all the decisions you made.

Top Bottom