• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 1 - A Telltale Games Series (Steam/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Mac)

Kinyou

I wonder if it got delayed or if it was always the idea to release the second episode two months later. What I could imagine is that they
were surprised by how many players chose Carly. Maybe she initially had a rather minor role and now they expanded it a little during the month. (though I'm not sure if it's even possible for a developer to create and release new content in such a short time, so I'm probably totally wrong.)

On the choice in the late part of Episode 1:

Yep. The Lee in my game is doing everything he can to hide his past. Everything.

I operated on that assumption; however, I've been trying to show myself as trustworthy to the team, and my logic was "if I let her die and Doug learned about both my past and what she knew about me, things could get even worse".

ColonelT

Has anyone gotten Episode One to run on a Windows 8 Consumer Preview PC? None of the recommended fixes (Run as Admin, Compatibility Mode change) have worked; the game just won't launch and there's not even an error message to key off of. My PC runs every other PC game in the history of time properly.

I look forward to a fresh batch of deep fried oreos when Episode 2 drops, Mr. Whitta.

I don't know if you're allowed to say or not, but have you started work on writing episode 4 at this point? I realize you've been awfully busy lately with the new baby and all (congrats by the way), but I was just curious.

Has anyone said anything as to why it's taking so long? I don't remember having to wait quite this long for a new Telltale episode. I remember there being some issues with release dates between XBLA and Telltale previously, and since they're trying the concurrent release thing this time around, I can't help but think its XBLA holding the rest of us back. I seriously hope we don't have to wait 2 months between every episode as a result.

ElRenoRaven

Has anyone gotten Episode One to run on a Windows 8 Consumer Preview PC? None of the recommended fixes (Run as Admin, Compatibility Mode change) have worked; the game just won't launch and there's not even an error message to key off of. My PC runs every other PC game in the history of time properly.

If using a 360 controller unplug it. For some reason it won't work with the 360 controller plugged in while using the Windows 8 Consumer Preview.

I played the demo for this and really enjoyed it. I then watched the whole first season on netflix and it kicked my ass all over the place. I proceeded to watch season 2 and the webisodes for
the bicycle girl zombie
. I may even read the comics, though that will have to wait for a bit, I heard it differs from the tv show so I should be safe on the stories.

I'll buy this game as soon as they have it on some kind of sale on PSN.

Oh god, that article ends in a goddamn cliffhanger. WHAT DID YOU ADD, GARY? WHAT DID YOU ADD?

He adds,

X: that Sean Vanaman and Jake Rodkin are the sexiest men in game development.
Y: that Telltale needs to add Nutter Butters to its vending machines.
B: two and two together to make four.
A: .....

CHOOSE YOUR OWN ARTICLE ENDING.

Roto13

Ok, I figured the second episode would have been out in May, but was ok with waiting for June because Telltale misses a month sometimes and that's just the way it goes.

But waiting until July? Crap.

Fixed1979

I came in to ask where the hell Ep.2 is...looks like I was good and beaten.

Any word from TT would be awesome at this point...

Top Bottom