• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walking Dead - Season 1 - A Telltale Games Series (Steam/PSN/XBLA/iOS/Mac)

Trigger

Do you think initially the people that have the camera are the St. John brothers and they are videotaping Clementine and being pedophiles and then Jolene walks up on them and calls them rapists and keeps the camera? Maybe Jolene's daughter was raped and killed by the St. John brothers and Jolene is trying to save Clementine from them?

I agree and think that was the intended idea.

Danny acts as if he knows exactly what's on the tape when Lee finds it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So, I tweeted Gary on this last night, but holy shit episode 2 is great. Even better than the first episode, with some great twists and turns.

I need to finish it tonight. Well worth the cash so far.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
So what the hell. I played 3/4 the way through episode 2 and went to finish today, clicked play, clicked on my save, it was on epsiode 2 and i clicked continue. It started the game over from episode 1, now i can't continue from where I was in episode 2... I don't want to replay the entire thing...

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
Bit the bullet and bought the season pass today on PS3. Just finished the first episode.

Pharmacy
Man, I was stuck for ages trying to work out how to open that lock. I thought I might've needed the walking stick but it wouldn't give me the option. I tried everything I could think of. walking in and out, looking everywhere. I pretty much gave up then looked on Google and before I could get the answer I remembered I never went to the Motel to save that guy. Hahhahaa

I liked the end of the episode, really gave off a good vibe of then end of a tv ep.

Here are the choices I made that was presented at the end of the episode 1.

http://imgur.com/6mfSj

Posted this in the other thread as well:

They really ramped the intensity up a couple notches. Good stuff but there was noticeable stuttering on the PS3 version and that wasnt present in Ep. 1...

I appreciate that they arent letting us take many easy ways out. Its not walking dead unless you have a high unavoidable body count

I regret killing Larry. I just couldnt risk losing Kenny if Larry ended up munching his face off. I regret that Clem saw me kill Denny but I just went for the kill. That guy was sick. Andy I just left for the Zombies.

I agree it was a bit predictable but not so much the cannibalism right away. I knew something was fishy as soon as we were walking to the dairy. The questions they were asking were super iffy.

Also, what was the superlot woman's deal with Clem? That wasnt her mother was it? Because that seems impossible despite her looking like Clem a bit in complexion/hair. Their home was really nice (not to be a classist but the walmart employee didnt seem like a fit) and the voicemail from the first episode made it sound like her parents were out of town, maybe someone they knew?

Edit: Trigger told me Clem's mothers name was something else. Jolene was definitely just victimized woman that latched onto Clem. Kind figured but thats messed up.

Trigger

Edit: Trigger told me Clem's mothers name was something else. Jolene was definitely just victimized woman that latched onto Clem. Kind figured but thats messed up.

Episode 2 Spoilers but I'll post these two links as well. A lot people made the same assumption.

Clem's mother and Jolene's entries in the wiki. It's easier to see the differences.

Episode 2 Spoilers but I'll post these two links as well. A lot people made the same assumption.

Clem's mother and Jolene's entries in the wiki. It's easier to see the differences.

Totally unrelated but I wonder if Clem was adopted or from a prior marriage? Its not super unusual to have a skin color much lighter than your parents but I assumed Clem was mixed or something.

Trigger

Totally unrelated but I wonder if Clem was adopted or from a prior marriage? Its not super unusual to have a skin color much lighter than your parents but I assumed Clem was mixed or something.

Yeah.
But genetics is funny like that. I'm as dark as Lee, but my siblings are light skinned like Clem. Did you end the episode on good terms with Kenny? My preview showed what looks like Kenny, Duck, Kat, and Ben taking off (without Lee) in the RV. I don't know if that would have happened if I didn't try to save Larry.

Yeah.
But genetics is funny like that. I'm as dark as Lee, but my siblings are light skinned like Clem. Did you end the episode on good terms with Kenny? My preview showed what looks like Kenny, Duck, Kat, and Ben taking off (without Lee) in the RV. I don't know if that would have happened if I didn't try to save Larry.

Clem looks a LOT like my little cousin who happens to be mixed, go figure eh?

Yeah I ended on good terms with Kenny, I pulled Larry's daughter away so Kenny had a clear shot. I still ended up disagreeing with him a couple times since he has gotten a bit more extreme in his actions.

I have a feeling they are going to make it difficult to keep your friendship together if you want to stay level headed.

Trigger

Clem looks a LOT like my little cousin who happens to be mixed, go figure eh?

Yeah I ended on good terms with Kenny, I pulled Larry's daughter away so Kenny had a clear shot. I still ended up disagreeing with him a couple times since he has gotten a bit more extreme in his actions.

I have a feeling they are going to make it difficult to keep your friendship together if you want to stay level headed.

Cool.

I expected as much. Kenny is certainly in papa wolf mode. I kept trying to straddle the fence, so I knew Kenny wasn't going to like me much.

RPGCrazied

Performance issues aside, I liked it better than episode 1. So many moral choices. Now the long trek to wait for episode 3. lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Hmmm, now TWD is having connection issues....always online!?!

It installed, should have just jumped right into it, but instead, decided to play all the way through Ep1. Now, just sits on "connecting" on the main menu screen.

Salsa

God dammit that shit was intense. Superb episode, I keep getting surprised at how much I love this game, just fantastic stuff.

seems like I chose two of the less picked paths, helping in killing Larry and not stealing the supplies at the end

Fjordson

Finished the first episode two nights ago and loved it so much. Incredibly impressed by what Tellale's done. After burning out hard on Back to the Future and sort of hating Jurassic Park, this really is a return to form. The writing and the visuals in particular are just top notch. And I'm hearing nothing but good things about the second episode.

It even has my wife hooked. Told me she'd kill me if I played episode two without her :lol so I have to wait until tonight to play it. Can't wait.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
Finished the first episode two nights ago and loved it so much. Incredibly impressed by what Tellale's done. After burning out hard on Back to the Future and sort of hating Jurassic Park, this really is a return to form. The writing and the visuals in particular are just top notch. And I'm hearing nothing but good things about the second episode.

It even has my wife hooked. Told me she'd kill me if I played episode two without her :lol so I have to wait until tonight to play it. Can't wait.

episode two is so. good.

Trigger

It will be worth the wait. I can't imagine playing it with another person.

It's fun to play with two people, that's how me and my gf have been playing it - she has the controller and I second-guess all her decisions! I think games like these are a lot of fun to play in that kind of pseudo co-op/shared experience way.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
I have my own save game and my girlfriend has hers. I wouldn't really want to play through this game with somebody else but she likes me to watch when she plays it.

bjork

I've been playing on two profiles, a run of what I'm considering good guy choices, then a run where I see the other side. It's interesting to check out the differences and how they play out. There are obvious ones like
seeing Doug show up instead of Carley or vice versa
but I like to see the different references made in conversation. Kenny has a memory like a steel trap, I tell you. Also, one that was very minor but I found really impressive was
when you're in the barn with the cow, Duck says it smells funny and Clementine's response will change based upon whether you taught her the word 'manure' at Hershel's farm
. I'm a sucker for small stuff like that.

pa22word

Um guys I think I have a problem...

2012-06-30_00011.jpg

2012-06-30_00001.jpg

2012-06-30_00002.jpg

2012-06-30_00004.jpg

2012-06-30_00008.jpg

Yikes :X!

Steam version fyi. Specs: ati hd 5870 1 GB, i7 960 @ 3.6 Ghz, 8GB DDR3. Just installed episode 2 it on my main rig and booted it up to this. Been working fine other than shadows dragging the game down back when Episode 1 first launched. before this. Already tired verifying integrity.

EDIT: Oh it seems the texture corruption is caused because I was forcing 4xMSAA through ccc haha.

Salsa

It's fun to play with two people, that's how me and my gf have been playing it - she has the controller and I second-guess all her decisions! I think games like these are a lot of fun to play in that kind of pseudo co-op/shared experience way.

Im gonna play it with my GF on Sunday I believe. She loooooooooves the walking dead, more so the comics than the TV show but still both really, one of the few "geeky" interests we share since she's not really into that kind of stuff (including videogames) but she's eager to play this solely from the fact that she loves the source material, im excited to see her reactions.

Tunic

This is exactly how my fiance and I play it. She absolutely loves it and I am constantly telling her to "watch out". We always get super bummed when we finish the episodes though.

Top Bottom