• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walt Disney community thread: the Man, the Mouse, and their legacy.

Forgot Moana.

Nope, is just too far (2018, we cant even be sure if its not cancelled or radically changed in the mean time) so I didnt add it, only wanted a list of 5 because the OP already started to feel bloated.
Now that I think about it I wanted to add Tomorrowland on that list before something like Zootopia. Seems it slipped from my mind while I was making it.

EDIT:

In fact you know what? Im going to make a little update to the upcoming ones. The month is also listed and when one dissapears (Big Hero 6 next month and enters Finding Dory) the next in the month and year list will move up leaving space for a new one (so it needs to list a month, not only a tentative year, to appear).
Also added Tomorrowland and moved the others back.

Change it with the others when you have time JET
upcomingnew0016npyj.png

Just got back from going to Mickey's Halloween Party in Disneyland this past Monday. I dressed up like Oswald and the girlfriend was Ursula.

It was fun, but a little disappointing if I'm being completely honest. It seems like the only difference between normal halloween season hours and the party were that they did trick-or-treating and a special parade. The parade was over pretty quickly and only featured a few halloween specific floats. Not only that, but they closed down some of the halloween specific events like pumpkin carving in the big thunder mountain ranch for the trick or treating lines.

I was also hoping for some disney specific treats to be given out in line,but that wasn't the case. It was cool to see some of the lesser known characters come out. During the parade the country bears and Baloo came out, which was a nice touch. It was also a lot of fun seeing what everyone else dressed up as; some people really went all out for their costumes. The changes to the existing rides were also pretty cool, though people had really built up the changes to the Haunted Mansion for me. All in all, I don't think I would go back for the halloween party again, but rather just during the season again. After 1 or 2 trick-or-treat lines we were done, so we didn't get too much out of that.

I also had a really bad toothache during the day, which impaired a lot of my own personal fun.

Yrael

I just ran into this incredible fan-made animation, "The Madness of King Scar." It honestly looks as though it could have been in the movie. It's basically a scene that was planned for the original Lion King, but scrapped for obvious reasons (it's actually creepy as hell - Scar wants Nala to be his queen, and advances on her very aggressively). However, it was kept in the Lion King musical broadway show, which is where the audio for this video comes from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kGEz1zDGgY

TEJ

I just ran into this incredible fan-made animation, "The Madness of King Scar." It honestly looks as though it could have been in the movie. It's basically a scene that was planned for the original Lion King, but scrapped for obvious reasons (it's actually creepy as hell - Scar wants Nala to be his queen, and advances on her very aggressively). However, it was kept in the Lion King musical broadway show, which is where the audio for this video comes from:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kGEz1zDGgY

already posted this, bro

Christopher

Just got back from going to Mickey's Halloween Party in Disneyland this past Monday. I dressed up like Oswald and the girlfriend was Ursula.

It was fun, but a little disappointing if I'm being completely honest. It seems like the only difference between normal halloween season hours and the party were that they did trick-or-treating and a special parade. The parade was over pretty quickly and only featured a few halloween specific floats. Not only that, but they closed down some of the halloween specific events like pumpkin carving in the big thunder mountain ranch for the trick or treating lines.

I was also hoping for some disney specific treats to be given out in line,but that wasn't the case. It was cool to see some of the lesser known characters come out. During the parade the country bears and Baloo came out, which was a nice touch. It was also a lot of fun seeing what everyone else dressed up as; some people really went all out for their costumes. The changes to the existing rides were also pretty cool, though people had really built up the changes to the Haunted Mansion for me. All in all, I don't think I would go back for the halloween party again, but rather just during the season again. After 1 or 2 trick-or-treat lines we were done, so we didn't get too much out of that.

I also had a really bad toothache during the day, which impaired a lot of my own personal fun.

What do you mean by this? You only went once or twice, or was their not enough time?

I hate reading this kind of post it makes me feel like ut oh prepare for disappointment but I think I'll be fine. Most of my time online will be at the characters, parades, and treats.

What do you mean by this? You only went once or twice, or was their not enough time?

I hate reading this kind of post it makes me feel like ut oh prepare for disappointment but I think I'll be fine. Most of my time online will be at the characters, parades, and treats.

We only really went into two or three of the "trick-or-treat trails" which are basically lines throughout the park in which you make your way through to get to 4 or 5 stands in which a cast member will give you some candy. The lines themselves aren't long, they'll probably take like 5-10 minutes each, but unless you're really into fun sized candies you probably won't go more than a few times. Like I said, I was hoping for some Disney specific candy (such as the goofy kitchen candy) rather than almond joys and snickers.

We didn't really care about taking pictures with characters or trick-or-treating, but certainly other people might be. It was still fun, but I don't think I'd go just to the Halloween event next year. Rather just spend an entire day in the parks.

Pro

Well wife wants to see a Spanish band called Mago de Oz in LA on Saturday so I said if we can visit Disneyland on Sunday I'm down. Guess I'll be there for a quick one day trip over the weekend. Looking forward to the Halloween decorations and just a lazy one day stroll. Gotta drive from AZ though.

daydream

Banned
Going through the OP, I was reminded that I only watched Emperor's New Groove once and it was right when it came out. I remember it being hilarious but I should probably update my feelings on it.

Seigyoku

Opening date for Hollywood Studios is wrong too. >.>

1989, not 1982.

My big Disney things are the animated movies, the THEME PARKS and Kingdom Hearts.

Animated Classics seen in my lifetime: 47/53 (Missing Dinosaur, Treasure Planet, Brother Bear, Chicken Little, Meet the Robinsons and Bolt. 5/6 of those Blu-rays have been located in the house now that my dad FINALLY releasized I was serious about this. Finally saw Hercules and Tarzan in the last month.) Been seeing everyone since Princess and the Frog in the theater ASAP so I don't slip up anymore!

Pixar movies seen: 11/14 (Not seen Bug's Life, Cars and Cars 2. lol)

Disney Theme Parks I've been to in my lifetime: 10/11!!! (Only haven't been to Hong Kong. Which I didn't see a point until the Iron Man ride is open and Shanghai DL is open cause if I'm gonna go to China, I'm just gonna do everything.)

I have a Disneyland Annual Pass. I do not live in California.

Kingdom Hearts: I own every LE handheld released for Kingdom Hearts. <.< I may be a little crazy.

Favorite Princess - BELLE ALWAYS AND FOREVER. Not only was she the princess with brown hair like me, SHE READS! She LOVES TO READ. <3

Disney character I act like a complete moron around when I seem him in the parks: DONALD DUCK. I love Donald.

Disney character that I have been denied seeing at 10 theme parks: PRINCE JOHN. Like seriously. Everytime they trot him out for long-lost-friends weekends, I'm nowhere near Florida or California. There are tons of reports he and the rest of the Robin Hood gang show up all the time in Paris and Tokyo, No dice when I went! *cry*

I stood in line for 45 minutes to meet Shellie Mae at DisneySea. The Japanese CMs were convinced we were lost gaijin who wanted to get on the boat. I was like nonono SHELLIE. In retrospect I should have brought out my turtle dressed as Stitch who has his own Duffy plushie. I would have fit right in.

TEJ

So, you live in Asia I assume? It'd be interesting to hear about what the Disney parks are like there since I doubt many people in this topic or in gaf period have been to them.

And nah, you aren't crazy. The kingdom hearts games are fun games!

finally updated the OP again. been kinda busy lately

Disney Theme Parks I've been to in my lifetime: 10/11!!! (Only haven't been to Hong Kong. Which I didn't see a point until the Iron Man ride is open and Shanghai DL is open cause if I'm gonna go to China, I'm just gonna do everything.)

I have a Disneyland Annual Pass. I do not live in California.

Mad props to you, and I thought I was crazy about the parks.

So, you live in Asia I assume? It'd be interesting to hear about what the Disney parks are like there since I doubt many people in this topic or in gaf period have been to them.

And nah, you aren't crazy. The kingdom hearts games are fun games!

finally updated the OP again. been kinda busy lately
Thanks TEJ.
BTW didnt sent this one to you, could you also post this one as a fix for the upcoming films when you have some time.

http://abload.de/img/upcomingnew0016npyj.png

TEJ

sure

unfortunately i live right in the middle of both american disney parks, world and land. so when I go to disneyworld next year i'm going to make the most of it since I have no idea if/when I will get the chance again.

I usually have the premier annual pass (both coasts) despite living in UT but I'm in lapse atm. Planning a trip during the week of the DL 60th but I might make a trip to WDW early spring. Haven't been to an overseas park yet though.

Anyways, I'd like to see a wish list for Kingdom Hearts 3 worlds the Disney GAF community would like to see. So far I'd like to see a Toy Story world where the party looks like they are made to look like toys. I like the worlds that have the party looking like they fit in the world.

TEJ

I usually have the premier annual pass (both coasts) despite living in UT but I'm in lapse atm. Planning a trip during the week of the DL 60th but I might make a trip to WDW early spring. Haven't been to an overseas park yet though.

Anyways, I'd like to see a wish list for Kingdom Hearts 3 worlds the Disney GAF community would like to see. So far I'd like to see a Toy Story world where the party looks like they are made to look like toys. I like the worlds that have the party looking like they fit in the world.

Wish list for Kingdom Hearts 3?

Gummi Bears world
Gargoyles world
a return to the pride lands, but this time it's a gorgeous savannah filled with wildlife
a great mouse detective world
marvel and star wars levels please
Frozen, tangled and wreck it ralph worlds
robin hood and jungle book worlds
oliver and company if they can get back billy joel
the rescuers down under world

zeemumu

Gummi Bears world
Gargoyles world
a return to the pride lands, but this time it's a gorgeous savannah filled with wildlife

A Frozen-related world is pretty likely. I'm hoping for a Haunted Mansion world. Not one based off of the movie, but just a world based around the ride. They actually almost put a Jungle Book world in Birth By Sleep but they never finished it.

BTW I just wacthed the other day Chiken Little for the first time. I always heard from everyone how bad the movie was.
So when I was doing the OP last week when i tried to find the Chiken Little poster I run into a Disney cartoon short with the same name (I thought that the movie was the original thing and not a fable). And holy cow isnt the disney short amazing! Probably one of the most creepy political shorts Disney has done (Donald Duck in Nutziland is funnier, but this one is more serious and filosofical in tone).
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HR9vqx9oTQ

So I said, what the hell, im in the mood to watch the movie...

After watching it, yep, it was mediocre as hell, and it baffles me that it just feels like a string of gags and out of place pop songs, some despicable characters (majority of townfolk and father) and others you dont even understand their motives and why they are in the movie in the first place (Foxy Loxy).
The ending scene was the best part, and I say this because you know you've fucked up your movie when people want to watch more the false one you created inside the movie than the one you are watching right now.
Its freaking Guardians of the Galaxy before Guardians of the Galaxy! and the only scene where the song was not out of place.

TEJ

like home on the range, most of the disney DTV sequels or anything cars related i refuse to watch chicken little

like home on the range, most of the disney DTV sequels or anything cars related i refuse to watch chicken little

Yeah, its not really that bad as some peope told me, just mediocre as hell with some stupid decissions.
You can watch the ending of the movie and nothing more, because as I said, is the best part of it by a whole bunch.

Home on the Range though... I dont know if I have the body to watch that thing, it looks absolutely horrible.

TEJ

I remember watching the aladdin sequels and enjoying them but that was back in the 90's

I remember hating simbas pride, rewatched it for the first time since its release a month ago and......it wasn't nearly as bad as I remember it to be? a mediocre movie with some good in it, but not the movie I remember hating. Still haven't seen the lion king 1.5 don't know if I ever will.

The best disney sequel is the rescuers down under {not including pixar films}. It's actually much better than the first movie.

I remember watching the aladdin sequels and enjoying them but that was back in the 90's

I remember hating simbas pride, rewatched it for the first time since its release a month ago and......it wasn't nearly as bad as I remember it to be? a mediocre movie with some good in it, but not the movie I remember hating. Still haven't seen the lion king 1.5 don't know if I ever will.

The best disney sequel is the rescuers down under {not including pixar films}. It's actually much better than the first movie.

I saw Lion King 1.5 and yeah, is pretty mediocre, but I liked more than TLK2.
I didnt like any of the rescuers movie, for me they imbodied all what was wrong with 70's-80's disney. Ironically the 2nd movie is after the little mermaid.

TEJ

I saw Lion King 1.5 and yeah, is pretty mediocre, but I liked more than TLK2.
I didnt like any of the rescuers movie, for me they imbodied all what was wrong with 70's-80's disney. Ironically the 2nd movie is after the little mermaid.

A goofy movie is very underappreciated.

eye to eye is very michael jackson esque! it even has the moonwalk in it!

daydream

Banned
I don't like to admit how often I watched A Goofy Movie as a kid, lol.

Also, I really enjoyed Aladdin and the King of Thieves.

Gummi Bears world
Gargoyles world

-Ride themed worlds
-Pixar themed worlds
-More levels like Timeless River
-No more Agrabah or Atlantis
-Robin Hood I'd be okay with
-One or two playable characters only.
-Oswald.

Malyse

Malyse

The article mentions licensing rights between with Marvel and Pixar, but certainly these issues didn't plague Disney Interactive from using the characters in Infinity.

It can happen. Will it? Who knows. I think we have a better chance now than ever before, but it still remains to be seen. I wouldn't count on Marvel though...

I also don't particularly want it until KH4. The plot is thick enough as it is.

TEJ

So, what games have ya'll been playing recently if any?

I'm currently juggling

kingdom hearts 1.5 HD replay
kingdom hearts birth by sleep replay
smash bros 3DS
bayonetta 2 demo
mario kart 8
donkey kong tropical freeze replay

The next games I plan to buy are

-castlevania circle of the moon wii u VC
-bayonetta 2
-platinum games legend of korra
-kingdom hearts 2.5 HD

zeemumu

Uncharted 1
Hyrule Warriors (Just finished)
Destiny
Super Smash Bros
Kingdom Hearts 1.5 (Chain of Memories)
The Last of Us Remastered
Dark Souls
Skullgirls
Epic Mickey

The only games that I have planned for the future are:
The Evil Within
Kingdom Hearts 2.5
Super Smash Bros Wii U
Dark Souls 2 (Once the first is done)

Malyse

So with Frozen and Tangled before it, Disney has gotten back to their roots of modified Fairy Tales. What other stories (particularly of Princessy variety) would you like to see have the mouse touch?

Someone needs to convince Disney to give me my Princess Ozma movies.

daydream

Banned

Mainly:

Hyrule Warriors
Fantasy Life
Theatrhythm: Curtain Call
Pix the Cat
Danganronpa
Tomodachi Life
Luftrausers
Smash 3DS

Disney Magical World is releasing later this month in Europe btw, can't wait to get my hands on that game!

TEJ

Mainly:

Hyrule Warriors
Fantasy Life
Pix the Cat
Danganronpa
Tomodachi Life
Luftrausers
Smash 3DS

Disney Magical World is releasing later this month in Europe btw, can't wait to get my hands on that game!

been meaning to try out hyrule warriors.

disneys magical world.......it's....okay? I mean just be prepared for a LOT of loot and micromanagement. if you like that kind of thing you'll probably love this game.

So with Frozen and Tangled before it, Disney has gotten back to their roots of modified Fairy Tales. What other stories (particularly of Princessy variety) would you like to see have the mouse touch?

Someone needs to convince Disney to give me my Princess Ozma movies.

since disney has been expanding their horizons for adaptations with video games and comic books......i'd like to see a martial arts themed disney animated movie..

Malyse

Mainly:

Hyrule Warriors
Fantasy Life
Pix the Cat
Danganronpa
Tomodachi Life
Luftrausers
Smash 3DS

DMW is luck based. Fun but you have little control over what happens.

daydream

Banned
been meaning to try out hyrule warriors.

disneys magical world.......it's....okay? I mean just be prepared for a LOT of loot and micromanagement. if you like that kind of thing you'll probably love this game.

From what I've heard/read I think I'll enjoy it. Plus there's the Disney bonus, haha. :)

DMW is luck based. Fun but you have little control over what happens.

That's alright. I'm just really glad they decided to bring it over.

Finishing up a few and playing others casually

Tales of Xilia 2 (Almost done with it)
Destiny (Have kind of lost interest, tbh)
Smash 3DS

May buy Bayonetta 2 or Hyrule Warriors in the near future, but that's probably it until the end of November.

Calling on jailer!
I booked my Christmas Party tickets on November 7th is that a particularly busy day?

I haven't been to WDW in November but I think that's "Jersey Week" when schools in New Jersey have Thurs and Fri off (6th&7th). Veterans day is on Tues the 11th so families will take advantage of a 6 day vacation to WDW. I know it sounds weird that a state-specific holiday could affect crowds, but relative to the other days before and after, there can be a difference. That's overall crowds though. It affecting party crowds? Could be minimal.

I'm always planning trips and have a general idea of various times of the year but unfortunately I don't have any personal experience with November at WDW. I know it's supposed to be fairly un-crowded, so I hope that a bit busier weekend doesn't mean much in the end.

Ugh, what a shitty article.
Really? Theres no point of adding Roger and Jessica to a Toontown section because there are no crossovers with the wb characters?
Yeah, Im sure the original movie was only good because of that...

Also this was freaking lazy as hell:
Disney_Town-_Raceway_(Art)_KHBBS.png

I sadly dont think they are never going to use (or at least well) disneyland properties. And the game that was going to do it (Epic Mickey) failed massively at doing so.

zeemumu

Ugh, what a shitty article.
Really? Theres no point of adding Roger and Jessica to a Toontown section because there are no crossovers with the wb characters?
Yeah, Im sure the original movie was only good because of that...

Also this was freaking lazy as hell:
Disney_Town-_Raceway_(Art)_KHBBS.png

I sadly dont think they are never going to use (or at least well) disneyland properties. And the game that was going to do it (Epic Mickey) failed massively at doing so.

I could see them putting in a Toontown world if a Disney hub world for the main characters didn't already exist with Disney Castle. The rest of those ideas are just silly for the most part.

Wubby

I used to work in Toontown (California DL). At the time I hated it. Worst attraction to work was Goofy's Bounce House (now gone I believe). Kids would fight, then the parents. Then someone would pee their pants and get it all over. Ugh. Mickeys House was also a bore.

Best was driving the Jolly Trolley (Also gone! just a static display now). But hey at least I get to say I drove the trolley. Was great on empty days cause I could just cruise around. Roger Rabbit was also not bad since all positions were air conditioned except for the greeter.

Speaking of Disney I'll be spending two days at Tokyo DL and Disney Sea next month! I went in October last year and it was the day a Typhoon hit. But typhoon cleared in the morning and the park was empty for half the day. I'll never be so lucky again. I have a pic of how empty it was I'll have to find it.

Edit: Found it!

jbw2rxShxKZz8j.jpg

Top Bottom