• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Walt Disney community thread: the Man, the Mouse, and their legacy.

Christopher

Just booked Ohana Breakfast with Characters to get my Hawainn fix so maybe I'll tour Hawaii a different way.

Seems like a good deal to me. Man I can't wait the Christmas partt is around the corner!

muteki

Just booked Ohana Breakfast with Characters to get my Hawainn fix so maybe I'll tour Hawaii a different way.

Seems like a good deal to me. Man I can't wait the Christmas partt is around the corner!

Ohana breakfast is good. Tusker House is probably my favorite sit down breakfast but Ohana is really good too. I love the restaurants where they just keep bringing you food.

MacAttack

I'm not hating on Ohana but the Kona Cafe is also at the Polynesian and serves up the amazing Tonga Toast. No characters though.

FYI- The Polynesian is undergoing a lot of renovations in the lobby area around the restaurants when we went in late August. Expect a lot of construction walls and possible loud noises and less of the polynesian atmosphere than you might expect.

TEJ

More importantly, they acknowledged the existence of Darkwing, Gargoyles, and Tron.

Yeah!

gCfq4fH.png

Pretty decent logo if i say so myself

Christopher

Btw guys how do I get to the poly can I just drive in there? We got the character breakfast then the party that night.

I can not wait

muteki

Btw guys how do I get to the poly can I just drive in there? We got the character breakfast then the party that night.

I can not wait

Yeah, you can, just tell them you have a reservation at the gate.

Alternatively you can park at TTC and walk/monorail over. Leave your car parked all day and you should have a really good spot.

I can not wait
You only get 3 hour parking if it's just a dining reservation and you're not a guest at the Poly. I would just park at the TTC and walk to the Poly unless you intend to leave the area between breakfast and the party. The Poly is just a short walk west from the parking tram drop off or, if you want, just take the resort line monorail. Poly would be the first stop.

Christopher

Excellent guys I can't believe I got the reservations too I must have JUST got them one someone canceled as I can get nothing else in that time frame...

I'm not hating on Ohana but the Kona Cafe is also at the Polynesian and serves up the amazing Tonga Toast. No characters though.

FYI- The Polynesian is undergoing a lot of renovations in the lobby area around the restaurants when we went in late August. Expect a lot of construction walls and possible loud noises and less of the polynesian atmosphere than you might expect.

I prefer the pineapple macadamia nut pancakes.

SeanR1221

Just got back from Disney World for the week. It was fun but my wife really enjoyed it. The trip was more for her.

The Christmas parade was really nice, and at 11:30pm the line to see Anna and Elsa was only 30 minutes. I think the best part for my wife was going to the be our guest meal. She was like a little kid in there.

I ended up watching Big Hero 6 twice because of two groups that wanted me to go. I really loved the animation and just seeing San Fransokyo. A very gorgeous film for sure.

TEJ

So, I saw the honest trailers review of Maleficent. I don't normally agree with them 100% but this time I did.

I'm now really, really apprehensive about the upcoming Cinderella and Jungle Book movies. Hoping for the best, fearing the worst.

I was mixed on Big Hero 6. It was fun enough, but just kind of seemed pretty generic to me. Also, they really boil plot progression down to "Hiro makes new amazing technology in 1 scene"

muteki

I was mixed on Big Hero 6. It was fun enough, but just kind of seemed pretty generic to me. Also, they really boil plot progression down to "Hiro makes new amazing technology in 1 scene"

This is where I'm at too. To me the movie felt like a superhero cartoon I would have watched as a kid a long time ago, when today with modern superhero movies I thought we had moved beyond that. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but the plot was extremely simple and the twists were visible a mile away.

Malyse

This is where I'm at too. To me the movie felt like a superhero cartoon I would have watched as a kid a long time ago, when today with modern superhero movies I thought we had moved beyond that. Maybe I'm expecting too much, but the plot was extremely simple and the twists were visible a mile away.

More fun than interstellar. Also, guys. It's an origin story.

daydream

Banned
Smash Bros wii u is this friday, who is buying it besides me?

I'm probably gonna buy it early January along with Captain Toad. It's not like there's a shortage of good games at the moment, haha. I do want that soundtrack CD, though, so I'm still getting it earlier rather than later. If the online isn't significantly improved from the 3DS version, though, I'm gonna be once again disappointed.

Oh, I picked up Disney Magical World a couple weeks ago like I said I would, and I'm positively surprised! I find it quite enjoyable and addictive, certainly has some care put into it, more than I would expect from Disney. Shame I don't have much time to play during the week anymore but I try and squeeze in some hours during the weekends.

TEJ

I'm probably gonna buy it early January along with Captain Toad. It's not like there's a shortage of good games at the moment, haha. I do want that soundtrack CD, though, so I'm still getting it earlier rather than later. If the online isn't significantly improved from the 3DS version, though, I'm gonna be once again disappointed.

Oh, I picked up Disney Magical World a couple weeks ago like I said I would, and I'm positively surprised! I find it quite enjoyable and addictive, certainly has some care put into it, more than I would expect from Disney. Shame I don't have much time to play during the week anymore but I try and squeeze in some hours during the weekends.

I thought disneys magical kingdom would have been better with more character interactions and less micromanagement

seriously, it has a level of micromanagement that puts most rpgs ive played to shame.

daydream

Banned
I thought disneys magical kingdom would have been better with more character interactions and less micromanagement

seriously, it has a level of micromanagement that puts most rpgs ive played to shame.

Yeah, the character ensemble is a bit limited but still, I'll take what I can get when it comes to classic Disney characters in games these days! With micromanagement, are you referring to resource hunting and crafting systems? Because I can definitely see that, seems like they went overboard with that aspect sometimes. That's why I'm focusing on the combat quests first which means I'm making progress in that aspect of a game while preemptively collecting resources for another portion of it.

I have to say, if I dislike one thing, it's the Nintendo Zone integration. It didn't work for me when I tried it at a local NZ and so I'm probably going to miss out on those items which.. bums me out more than I'd like to admit, haha.

Malyse

Smash Bros wii u is this friday, who is buying it besides me?
I already bought it.

RE: Magical World. The game get problematic in the end game because it wholly becomes about the RNG giving you the right drops. It's annoying being locked out of low level content because your luck is bad. There needed to be a way to trade components or buy them outright.

Christopher

Nice, when is your party date again?

Took Friday off, had the bundle pre-ordered since June! I had to take a day off by the end of the year and figured Smash day was just as good as any.

Party date is on the 20th and 21st gonna do two just incase I can't do everything and get it out of my system.

Any Jailer tips?

TEJ

Less than a month until i go to the lion king musical for the first time

also smash bros wii u is so very very good

Christopher

We got on line at 6 and saw then 720 so out of actual party time it was only twenty minutes but with the hour before an hour an twenty minutes!

Christopher

Negative they were snicker doodle and were meh. If they had sugar oatmeal or chocolate chip I woulda been a huge fattie but nope.

Super fun time though

Top Bottom