• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The WaterField Case for Nintendo Switch - Production Updates

Glassboy

My case and heavy strap shipped today. I like the idea of the leather strap but it's a bit too thin and makes it look too much like a purse. I got the blue one so it will look cool with my blue joycons

WadeitOut

Excited to have mine shipping. After messing around with some of the 20 dollar cases all over I'm even more glad I went for this.

Wallach

Didn't think to check if WF was making Switch stuff... guess I will be waiting until April. Got that bag too, looks really nice.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
really want to see people wear theirs with the 1 inch strap - if you guys get yours in, please post pictures!

Lexxism

For those getting their case tomorrow, can you please check if a power bank will fit on the back pocket? It seems like it has enough room to fit one.

jon bones

anyone get the large strap? i want to see this thing as a messenger bag

then i can kick myself for not preordering

Glassboy

I just received me city slicker case with the heavy strap. I really like it. The blue is very nice and dark and the strap makes it look more like a satchel and less like a purse. Dunno what else to say. Build quality seems really nice and I really like the magnetic buttons. I did not like having to press down so hard on my vita and 3ds cases that had snap buttons on them, so this is definitely a very nice change. I dig it so far. I will have to use if for a week or so to get some real impressions out there. If you don't have $80 to buy it I wouldn't feel like you are missing the world, but if you are looking for a classy looking case and you have a few extra bucks to spend then I think you will be satisfied.

Also, I really don't mind their logo on the front flap. I was one of the people who could of gone without it, but in person it is very subtle and I don't mind it at all. And I forgot to comment on how the switch fit inside- it's fits very snuggly but not enough to get me worried about the sticks. The material inside is very soft and makes me feel like it offers pretty solid protection for the system. It seems like there is enough room to fit a few extra accessories. I cannot get over these magnetic buttons ha ha. Probably one of my favorite features

Lexxism

If you are talking about the ac adapter, yes that will definitely fit. I'm not gonna dig it out from behind my tv at the moment but the back pocket is very spacious
Not really the AC adapter but the portable charger. That makes it better if the ac adapter will fit on it. I'm getting more tempted.

Glassboy

Not really the AC adapter but the portable charger. That makes it better if the ac adapter will fit on it. I'm getting more tempted.
All the powerbanks that I have used would fit in there, but I do not have a powerbank that would be able able to charge the switch while playing. So I would not be able to tell you that unfortunately.

jon bones

All the powerbanks that I have used would fit in there, but I do not have a powerbank that would be able able to charge the switch while playing. So I would not be able to tell you that unfortunately.

can you take a picture of yourself wearing it as a messenger bag?

i just got my official nintendo case in and i want to know if i should return it lol

thank you!

Lexxism

No, that's okay. The ac adapter is thicker than the powerbank I'm planning to get. That's actually a good thing that the ac fits in it. Gives you an idea how spacious the back is.

Meffer

Mine came in today. It's really nice and the leather feels amazing. And the Switch fits along with the joycons as well with just enough room for the analog sticks if people were worried about that.
image.jpg

It was worth the price, it just oozes well made quality.
Also got my tempered glass screen protectors and the application went smoothly.
If anybody wants more pics of the inside and what not, I'll take some and post them in this thread after work tonight.

Razzorn34

I can only hope they will make a different high quality case that doesn't look like a purse. Something like the size of the standard official case. I'd like a high quality case, but this isn't it.

Pro case is also too large for what I'd want.

finalflame

I can only hope they will make a different high quality case that doesn't look like a purse. Something like the size of the standard official case. I'd like a high quality case, but this isn't it.

Pro case is also too large for what I'd want.

The official case is 10.83" wide, the CitySlicker Switch is 10.5". The switch is 9,5" wide and the case needs to have room to accommodate the JoyCon analog sticks. What exactly do you want?

Mine came in today. It's really nice and the leather feels amazing. And the Switch fits along with the joycons as well with just enough room for the analog sticks if people were worried about that.
image.jpg

It was worth the price, it just oozes well made quality.
Also got my tempered glass screen protectors and the application went smoothly.
If anybody wants more pics of the inside and what not, I'll take some and post them in this thread after work tonight.

The red looks slick! I went brown. On the website, the blue and red looked a little too shiny to me. But your photo makes me think otherwise.

I'll be curious to see how the red leather ages.

Cerium

Arrived promptly with the strap and a hand signed note of thanks.

Here's the blue!

Feels super premium the moment you get it in your hands. There's plenty of room in the front pocket or in the back pouch for the AC adapter.

The colors are actually darker than I expected (blue seems closer to navy or midnight) and looking at what other people here got, I kind of regret not getting the red because it's bright enough to pop without being obnoxious. Still, it makes for a classy and understated look without being outright black so I can't complain.

Weils

Neo Member
I just received notification from FedEx this morning on shipment from Waterfield. I'm really surprised since I missed the March 15 shipment order and slated for March 24 shipment. I'm guessing Waterfield is producing faster than expected schedule. It's my first time with their cases and I'm also getting the 3DS XL case since it's all worn down.

PS: and my Switch console and accessories are still not here yet *sobs*. What the hell Tenso?!

i just ordered this.

can anyone tell me what this information means?:

ORDER NOW TO SHIP BY APRIL 14
- APRIL 7 PROD. RUN SOLD OUT
- MAR 31 PROD. RUN SOLD OUT
- MAR 24 PROD. RUN SOLD OUT
- MAR 15 PROD. RUN - SHIPPED

Thanks.

Weils

Neo Member
i just ordered this.

can anyone tell me what this information means?:

ORDER NOW TO SHIP BY APRIL 14
- APRIL 7 PROD. RUN SOLD OUT
- MAR 31 PROD. RUN SOLD OUT
- MAR 24 PROD. RUN SOLD OUT
- MAR 15 PROD. RUN - SHIPPED

Thanks.

Waterfield produces the cases by production run. If you order now, your case will ship by April 14.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Hmmmm, I wonder how much padding that pouch has. I have the cheapest case I could find on Amazon right now and I just throw that dude and my battery backup in with all the other shit in my laptop bag every day. I think I'd prefer to go as minimalist as possible but I don't want to squitch my Switch.

chronomac

I was going to get the City Slicker but I like the smaller Pouch. It doesn't look like you can fit a power bank or wall wart in the side pocket, though; only a pair of headphones, a game or two and a USB cable (and I'm not sure how useful that's going to be without the wart or bank).

Mandelbo

I quite like the look of the pouch - how're WaterField for international delivery? Also how easy should it be to get one in a few months time when I have more cash? Do they typically only do limited runs of products?

Arrived promptly with the strap and a hand signed note of thanks.

Here's the blue!

Feels super premium the moment you get it in your hands. There's plenty of room in the front pocket or in the back pouch for the AC adapter.

The colors are actually darker than I expected (blue seems closer to navy or midnight) and looking at what other people here got, I kind of regret not getting the red because it's bright enough to pop without being obnoxious. Still, it makes for a classy and understated look without being outright black so I can't complain.

I honestly can't even tell that's blue. That's a lot darker than the promotions..

Adamator

Holy crap. I just got the email saying my CitySlicker has shipped! Based on when I ordered it, I wasn't expecting it until the end of the month. What a nice surprise.

Ordered mine almost 2 weeks ago, won't ship until April 7th though, but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

I orders the brown one btw, what about you guys what was your color of choice?

Top Bottom